Middlesbrough FC..Back To The Prem!

D14_JDH

Reaction score
Thought i would start a Middlesbrough story as it's a decent challenge! I'll be looking to gain promotion in my first season and hopefully establish myself as a premiership club again! To acieve this, i'll be lookin to offload foreign high earners and replace them with young (preferably English) talent! And, like my West Ham game, i'll be introducing s salary cap to make it that little bit harder! This will be introduced more and more as the game goes on.....

Hope use will follow and post any advice if u feel needed!

Cheers!

Screenshots

View attachment 22411

Fairly satisfied with the way my pre season went.... Unbeatin and matched Sunderland! Lots of positives!

Tough start with Sheffield Utd comin to the Riverside then two away games at two very tricky places! Updates as soon as i've played them!

So far so good for my Middlesbrough team.... After 4 games im sittin top with 4 wins! A hard earned 2-0 victory at home to Sheffield Utd got the ball rollin.... With David N'Gog twice beatin the Blades 'keeper!

Other results.....

Swansea 1-2 MIDDLESBROUGH N'Gog and Wilshire

Scunthorpe 2-3 MIDDLESBROUGH N'Gog, Dos Santos and Adam Johnson

MIDDLESBROUGH 4-0 Doncaster Dos Santos, Johnson, N'Gog and Fabian Brandy

Also, thinkin about signing Joe Lewis from Peterbrough.... Just wonderin if he becomes a good premiership keeper? Or shall i just wait till the end of the season and try and get Joe Hart?

Wait and get Joe Hart mate, potential signing for you .. Jamel Art Ben Idir DM/CM from Havre AC 90k bargain!

Thanks very much mate, i'll have a look at him! Could be doin with another midfielder!

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Doin good after 9 games, sitting top winning 8 and drawing with West Brom! Pick of the results so far is my 1-0 victory away to Bristol City who are a good side and will probably be promoted this season.... Hopefully along side me!

More updates to come.....

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Just managed to secure the loan signing of Dan Gosling which is great cause im runnin low on centre midfielders! Just bought Miles Addison from Derby also.....£2.7million over 30months! Good championship players but was just wondering if Miles can cut it in the premiership? Im lookin to build for the next few years so i can challenge for Europe once promoted?

Miles Addison is doing okay with my Blackpool team who I've just got promoted after 2 seasons in the Championship, (finished 7th first season and 2nd place in the second season :)) but he's a little risky at CB, I prefer him at DM as an anchor man.

Yeah i play him as a defensive midfielder also! Anyother young, English targets i could get? Could possibly be doin with another centre mid and most definately a striker if i gain promotion! Rememeber my salary cap please Max!

Help is appreciated! Cheers!

So, thankfully, january has come and gone and not only have i managed to strengthin my squad, i managed to hold onto key players! Although this was difficult as my chairman, Steve Gibson kept accepting offers for my star players.... David Wheater, Billy Jones and Andrew Taylor! Lucky for me, all rejected moves away from the Riverside1 However, i wasn't so fortunate with Jon Grounds as Steve Gibson accepted a 1.8million offer from promotion rivals Ipswich! Not happy! Also, Pogatetz is leavin at the end of the season on a free to Galatasary! He was wantin £37k a week in order to stay! Not good enough for that kind of money! Didier Digard also made the switch, to France where he joined Lyon in a£2.8million pound deal! Good business i thot!

I brought in Miles Addison and Jamie O'Hara but sadly lost Dan Gosling as Everton decided to recall him from his loan spell!

Anyway, still sitting top with a 9point advantage over Newcastle and hopin, once in the prem, i can strengthin even more!

Just wonderin, if anyone has played as Midlesbrough, if when i do get into the EPL, What sort of transfer kitty i'll be handed? And, if players are keen to join?

wht transfer kitty did u get start o season
did u have to pay anythin to get wilshere and dos santos

Current squad at the Riverside in Feb 2010......

No never paid anythin to get these players on loan and im only payin 70% Of Wilshires Wages and 80% Of Dos Santos! Was givin £2million! Scroll up the page and see the transfers from the start of the season!

Last edited:
This is my league status in Feb and the transfers from the start of the season and jan! Im happy with the signings and cash income from the out goings! Also, i've been able to lower my wage bill which is part of my challenge!

Don't spend too much! You could go into administration. :'(

Really mate? Are Middlesbrough's finances pretty bad like? Seem alright so far...Plus, hopin that cause i've lowered the wage bill and have added a salary cap i can make profits each month.... Not happnin so far though!

Thinkin if i win promotion, which looks likely, i;ll need a keeper, and want Joe Hart! Another centre half, im thinkin Jordan Spence and would love another striker! Someone cheap and who will score goals regularly in the EPL to keep me up! Any ideas?

I will also try and re-sign the loan players i've got already as they've all be immense!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Goin through a bit of a sticky patch in Feb and march..... Newcastle beat me 3-0 in the FA Cup 6th round at St.James Park then beat me 1-0 at the Riverside in the Championship! This came after two other defeats at QPR and at home to Peterborough! Then, i drew with Reading and Coventry! This has moved Newcasle ahead of me to 1st! Im still second but 13 points clear of thrird!

Addison will be a good signing and was awesome for me at centre back

To Go To The Story Press The Sig

Thanks to HarryInHD for the awesome sig
FM10 TO DO LIST!!

SPORTING CP
ATHLETIC BILBAO
PALERMO
DERBY COUNTY
WOLFSBURG