Milner wants to leave Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter Joshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt mean you made him, milners talent had already shone through at leeds, and had they not gone belly up he would have made his mark there.

Ricky has a point though, Milner was no where near as good at Newcastle or Leeds although he was younger, since coming to Villa, he has been able to develop and blossom into the player he is today and has now broke into the England set up.

the sad thing is that the likely players include onuoha, and richards, sahem sicen they are acadmeny players. wouldnt mind nedum at the red half of manchester

Yea, it is a shame, I think that Richards and Onuoha will be brilliant players. Personally I would rather keep those two and get rid of K. Toure and maybe Bridge.

at the end of the day i think villa have reached there peak i dont see them getting any better so i understand why he wants to leave.

And Ashley Young, Watford made him what he is today? ... I could go on.....
milner played more games for newcastle than he has for you, his tunred his potential at leeds into ability at newcastle thats why you bought him, he has improved under you, but you didnt 'make' him. he wants to further himself, can you offer that? no. can city? yes. i wonder if you would be complaining as much if it was united coming for him...

So becuase some one swore that makes them a child? O...K....

Just accept it, Milner wants to leave because he see that City have a bright future, probably brighter than Villas and you are bitter that it is not your club signing all these brilliant players.

No i'm saying they wouldnt swear at me in real life so don't do it on a forum.

City can sign who they like, you miss the point. Until they achieve something it means fuckall - a great bunch of names on paper doesn't make a great team, we all heard the same noises this time last yr and they finished 3 points above Villa, who "lack ambition" ....... It is a very unambitious move to let milner go.. But he wants CL football at a club that hasn't got it yet, just like Barry. So he wants to leave and we can squeeze £30m for an unhappy player. He wont be replaced but that softens the blow tenfold.

No i'm saying they wouldnt swear at me in real life so don't do it on a forum.

City can sign who they like, you miss the point. Until they achieve something it means fuckall - a great bunch of names on paper doesn't make a great team, we all heard the same noises this time last yr and they finished 3 points above Villa, who "lack ambition" ....... It is a very unambitious move to let milner go.. But he wants CL football at a club that hasn't got it yet, just like Barry. So he wants to leave and we can squeeze £30m for an unhappy player. He wont be replaced but that softens the blow tenfold.

The point you seem to be missing is that it takes more than 1 year to achieve anything. Stop bashing City before they have had the chance. They improved this season getting to 5th in the League and the semi-final of the League Cup and the season before they got to the quarter final of the then UEFA Cup.

Yea, it is a shame, I think that Richards and Onuoha will be brilliant players. Personally I would rather keep those two and get rid of K. Toure and maybe Bridge.
lol just realised part of what i wrote to you is drivel, sorry abou the spelling this keyboard at work is a pain in the ****. but yeah cant see bridge staying, liverpool maybe?

lol just realised part of what i wrote to you is drivel, sorry abou the spelling this keyboard at work is a pain in the ****. but yeah cant see bridge staying, liverpool maybe?

Haha, ok.

Yea, well Liverpool must be looking for a left back now so maybe Hodgson will try and take him. I hope. Dont think anyone else would really be interested as they dont have the money for his wages except maybe Birmingham and thier Chinese money.

Haha, ok.

Yea, well Liverpool must be looking for a left back now so maybe Hodgson will try and take him. I hope. Dont think anyone else would really be interested as they dont have the money for his wages except maybe Birmingham and thier Chinese money.
mmm. true. on milner going to city, for me its almost like your Park. his versality will allow him to play various ways. attacking enough in his own right, and defensive enough to be a high playing spoiler for 90 minutes if needed. player wise, cant say hes much better than what you have, but tactically he'd be a very good buy.

as for city in general, yes they are not in the CL but city havent reached their yet, they're gonna get better. and the others can either ***** about it, or relish the challenge, personally i'm the latter, last season derbies were utterly immense, and i cant wait for more

mmm. true. on milner going to city, for me its almost like your Park. his versality will allow him to play various ways. attacking enough in his own right, and defensive enough to be a high playing spoiler for 90 minutes if needed. player wise, cant say hes much better than what you have, but tactically he'd be a very good buy.

as for city in general, yes they are not in the CL but city havent reached their yet, they're gonna get better. and the others can either ***** about it, or relish the challenge, personally i'm the latter, last season derbies were utterly immense, and i cant wait for more

Thats probably a fair comparison, but I would say that he is a better crosser of the ball than SWP, Bellamy and maybe Ireland who they could play on the right, which is why I think he would be a very good signing.

Hit our peak? We have improved every season since O'Neill came in, reaching two finals last year. And of course he is a money grabber, he wants to leave for CL football - for a club that doesn't offer it.... Do the maths.

While Man City are signing the likes of Yaya Toure, David Silva, Carlos Tevez etc etc Aston Villa are selling or resigned to losing Milner and such, your manager almost resigned himself due to the lack of available funds. Barry left last season and nobody of the same calibur is coming in.

Perhaps the unrest within the club has also helped him decide he needs to move on?

Man City are a club on the up, it's only a matter of time until things gel. You are just being bitter.

I shall give you an example which is quite similar...Christophe Berra, former Hearts captain and now Wolves regular left us for Wolves, who were a championship team at that point. He clearly left he achieved all he could with Hearts and even though Wolves were not in the premiership at that point, they would be in future.

Was I bitter? no! I accepted the truth.

the city bashing is getting a little ridiculous now. this is a step up for milner. villa are plateauing whereas city on the way up

Concur.

Their not on their way up until they achieved something... How much did they spend last year?? and finished 3 points above us. Sucess is achieving things, not spending money.

What have you bought your players with in the last century, magic beans?

He has had quite a few clubs for such a yound player, mind you he has been around for a while. if he goes to pool then there is more chance he will play each week than at city also more likely to geta start for england as he would be playing with SG.

I'd just like to say that the vast majority of Villa fans aren't quite as blinded by passion as "r1cky". We're realistic: at the minute, City are on a stratospheric rise. Once they properly gel as a team, they will truly be up there with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd. They have more or less bottomless pockets, and there is very little Villa can do to stop this.

However, I'm sure that through Villa's superb youth system and O'Neill's shrewd management, we can progress in order to match our ambitions. People forget that Randy Lerner, our chairman, poured money into Villa to make us the club we are now. Its perfectly reasonable for him to instigate a "sell to buy" policy. Maybe we can't get fourth, but if we have cup runs as good as the ones we had last year we'll do well.

Fair play to Milner really. Just moving onto bigger and better things. Better club in City, Bigger Club and More likely to be successful.

Might be a bigger club (richer is more appropriate), but they're not a better club.

To be honest Milner isn't the heart and soul of Villa and he's possibly not even our best player. Ashley Young and Garbiel Agbonlahor are players that I'd kill to keep at Villa Park, Milner is deffinately good but I'd take £25m everyday and I'd honestly prefer Irleand in centre mid.

Also I won't begrudge Milner if he left, the main reason Barry is so disliked it because he slagged off Villa as soon as he was gone. Man City have a much larger attraction for players financially and also because it's essentially a matter of time before they start mixing it with the big boys, although atm there squad is too big and they claim theres more on the way. They might not be better in terms of History or game time for players but everyone likes money so it's not too suprising that players want to go there. I'd prefer to see Milner in a Liverpool/Aresnal shirt than a City one but it's not up to me sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back