Milner wants to leave Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter Joshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40"]YouTube- Dramatic Look[/ame]

That's another Villa player poached by City.Milner obviously feels that going to Manchester City will further his career,not only wages-wise but also in terms of European success and the ability to play in the Champions League.I personally feel that he should stay at Villa and help them progress rather than a team that's trying to buy success.

City will never learn - A team of great players will never gain success, but it takes a great TEAM to achieve anything in football.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

2 finals? These were which exactly? The League Cup and...

Maybe you shouldn't do the maths... ;)

2 Wembley appearances* ... My mistake, i'm busy at work, while your harbouring on here looking for an argument which bases as much momentum as City's CL ambition.

;)

City will never learn - A team of great players will never gain success, but it takes a great TEAM to achieve anything in football.

Milner is the type of player that creates a team imo. Will put a shift in, and stay out of the spotlight, so the team benifits. Could fit in well with the big ego's around COMS

Milner is hardly a footballing great is he.. Not many of City's signings have been 'great players' you are seriously overreacting for somebody who apparently doesn't care that Milner is leaving.. :S

Milner is hardly a footballing great is he.. Not many of City's signings have been 'great players' you are seriously overreacting for somebody who apparently doesn't care that Milner is leaving.. :S

I didnt mention Milner at all in that post... :S

2 Wembley appearances* ... My mistake, i'm busy at work, while your harbouring on here looking for an argument which bases as much momentum as City's CL ambition.

;)

Oh, yea there isnt much difference there...

Yes, I am looking for an arguement. :S You are they guy that came on and started slagging off City and Milner. Grow up and accept it, Milner is leaving and Villa again will finish no higher than 6th. If you are lucky.

Oh, yea there isnt much difference there...

Yes, I am looking for an arguement. :S You are they guy that came on and started slagging off City and Milner. Grow up and accept it, Milner is leaving and Villa again will finish no higher than 6th. If you are lucky.

And it's been 33 years since you won anything. Most likely going longer as City only seem to buy players in their prime - but are achieving nothing at this moment in time, and in future years these players grow past their prime while Villa concentrate on home-grown youth such as milner.. Bought for 12 selling for 30... Thats fine with me to be honest 8-| Altho he clearly is leaving for the money.

Nobody's mentioning Leeds making Milner! ;)

Hopefully Delph will get a run out now.

And it's been 33 years since you won anything. Most likely going longer as City only seem to buy players in their prime - but are achieving nothing at this moment in time, and in future years these players grow past their prime while Villa concentrate on home-grown youth such as milner.. Bought for 12 selling for 30... Thats fine with me to be honest 8-| Altho he clearly is leaving for the money.

Work in progress. Our time will come. And Villa will still be looking through the lower divisions for English players in the hope that that might actually get you somewhere. This is the first summer that City have had a top manager that is able to attract decent players to the club where as last year we were stuck with Hughes. Villa get into the Europa League and then put out a second team because they are worrying too much about the league. Lack of ambition on O'Neills part if you ask me.

With this I think there'll be a good chunky transfer budget for O'Neill to invest in the squad in a possible £25-30million.

Let's see what he does with it.

the city bashing is getting a little ridiculous now. this is a step up for milner. villa are plateauing whereas city on the way up

Gotta say, the amount of people that think City won't break into the big four this season astounds me.

the city bashing is getting a little ridiculous now. this is a step up for milner. villa are plateauing whereas city on the way up

Their not on their way up until they achieved something... How much did they spend last year?? and finished 3 points above us. Sucess is achieving things, not spending money.

Here is someone with some sense. He sees that City have alot of money and I'm sure he welcomes the extra challenge at the top of the Premier League instead of crying like a baby about it. Just like Fergie and Ancelotti have done.

Their not on their way up until they achieved something... How much did they spend last year?? and finished 3 points above us. Sucess is achieving things, not spending money.

Achieved something?

From mid table to 5th[or 6th] is achieving something. You say you dont want an argument, then stop ******* responding to every comment on here trying to put Man City and Milner down. Face it, City are the brighter future of the 2 clubs, they are on the up.

i wouldnt mind chelsea signing milner i think he would get more first team chances at chelsea now days than at city.

Here is someone with some sense. He sees that City have alot of money and I'm sure he welcomes the extra challenge at the top of the Premier League instead of crying like a baby about it. Just like Fergie and Ancelotti have done.

Crying like a baby? I said im happy to be getting 30million for him. Yet again hunting for an argument from me, pathetic to be honest. Are you from Manchester by the way?

Gotta say, the amount of people that think City won't break into the big four this season astounds me.
the money wont guarantee them but its helping to buld the foundations they need. its one thing to get into the top 4, another thing entire to stay there, and thats what they are planning for. with the exception of arsenal who have had some exceptional youth, and a manager capable of finding them, all those who have been 'big 4' have had to spend considerable amounts of money over the years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back