Game Type?

• Team Deathmatch

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Domination

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Capture The Flag

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I personally do but everyone has their own idea of a good player. For example I play TDM more than any gamemode. Who wins is decided by which team gets the most kills in the end. Now if I'm averaging at 4.70 kills to deaths then I very much believe that ratio does show who is the better player. I understand that for other game modes then it is easy to see kills to death as unimportant but if a player manages to get a good killstreak reward in the game and use it to their teams advantage (For example using the AC130 to blow up anybody who attempts to capture a point in domination) then that also makes them a very good and valuable player.

Just my opinion of course though.

Besides, it needs to be said that a high K/D is Usually the result of a better player due to a multitude of gameplay aspects, eg. Vision, Accuracy and reaction time.

Yeah, but you're gay

I'm too scared to play it at the moment, I bumped up the sensitivity to 10 and went from 2.84 to 2.72 K/D in a day. :(

Want it above 3.00 again. :( I got a score of 58 - 2 as well as lots of 30ish - 1's/2's but it barely makes a difference when you get to the 10k+ kills mark. Then I have a **** game and it drops, ugh.

Ah well, I'll play it again soon. Despite the message you sent me on PSN, I'm still looking forward to playing M.A.G with my housemates.

Gutted I sold my Xbox, My PS3 is broke aswell now :'(

How did you manage to brake your ps3.. Did you drop it down the stairs or something? Seems impossible to brake a ps3.

I personally do but everyone has their own idea of a good player. For example I play TDM more than any gamemode. Who wins is decided by which team gets the most kills in the end. Now if I'm averaging at 4.70 kills to deaths then I very much believe that ratio does show who is the better player. I understand that for other game modes then it is easy to see kills to death as unimportant but if a player manages to get a good killstreak reward in the game and use it to their teams advantage (For example using the AC130 to blow up anybody who attempts to capture a point in domination) then that also makes them a very good and valuable player.

Just my opinion of course though.

Besides, it needs to be said that a high K/D is Usually the result of a better player due to a multitude of gameplay aspects, eg. Vision, Accuracy and reaction time.

There are a lot of excuses to use as to why I don't have a 4.7 k/d, I'm not to bothered about it but I'll list a few anyway just for the sake of it.

1. When I first started I was terrible
2 . I play the game every so often.. Only a few hours a week now
3. I play SnD not TDM most of the time
4. I'm sure you've never had fun with a riot shield or just messing around

Like I said I'm not trying to be the best player here! I just think I'm pretty good, not as good as I was at CoD4 but still..

Do people play gamebattles on PS3? :S Can't imagine it's anywhere near the standard of 360, you are a PS3 player yeah? If you are on Xbox I'd love to play you. I find it amusing when people are like "I am the best CoD player ever!" seems like a pathetic title to give yourself, not that I think you are pathetic, I'm just saying, to want to be the best at a game is quite immature.

There are a lot of excuses to use as to why I don't have a 4.7 k/d, I'm not to bothered about it but I'll list a few anyway just for the sake of it.

Like I said I'm not trying to be the best player here! I just think I'm pretty good, not as good as I was at CoD4 but still..

Do people play gamebattles on PS3? :S Can't imagine it's anywhere near the standard of 360, you are a PS3 player yeah? If you are on Xbox I'd love to play you. I find it amusing when people are like "I am the best CoD player ever!" seems like a pathetic title to give yourself, not that I think you are pathetic, I'm just saying, to want to be the best at a game is quite immature.

Of course people play Gamebattles on PS3, and why can't you imagine it's anywhere near the standard of 360? That seems like quite a biased and ridiculous assumption to make, in my opinion, but to each their own.

As for whether you're thinking that you can beat him - it won't even be a contest, he will destroy you, and I'm not trying to suck his balls, as I'll throw the skinny runt around like a basketball. It's just that, well... skinnyz got skillz, yo.

Of course people play Gamebattles on PS3, and why can't you imagine it's anywhere near the standard of 360? That seems like quite a biased and ridiculous assumption to make, in my opinion, but to each their own..

Not bias at all, purely because all MLG are done on xbox or PC which is why I can't see how serious gamers would play PS3, not saying I don't like the PS3 I just would imagine it to be a lot easier than 360..

As for whether you're thinking that you can beat him - it won't even be a contest, he will destroy you, and I'm not trying to suck his balls, as I'll throw the skinny runt around like a basketball. It's just that, well... skinnyz got skillz, yo.

Didn't say I would win, I would just like to play.. Not like we would even find out so it's not really important.

How did you manage to brake your ps3.. Did you drop it down the stairs or something? Seems impossible to brake a ps3.

Ever heard of the yellow light of death mate? It is the PS3's version of the red ring of death although it is much more less known as only something like 1 in 100 get it :(

Bill have you downloaded the Beta and tried it? I'd recommend it to get a feel for the game.

Do people play gamebattles on PS3?
irked.gif
Can't imagine it's anywhere near the standard of 360, you are a PS3 player yeah? If you are on Xbox I'd love to play you. I find it amusing when people are like "I am the best CoD player ever!" seems like a pathetic title to give yourself, not that I think you are pathetic, I'm just saying, to want to be the best at a game is quite immature.

Your reasons are fair enough, nor do I expect you to have a 4.70 ratio, they are difficult to maintain. Nor did I accuse you of trying to be the best player here (Your exclamatory suggested I did, I thought I'd just straighten that out). And to answer point 4, I've done that once or twice. I don't have fun running around with the riot shield, too slow :/

Now with the whole question of standards. Everybody I know who plays the XBox say the players on XBox are better while everyone with a PS says the same about their fellow players. Obviously I haven't spent enough time on XBox to fairly judge but I seem to do just as well on both consoles.

Oh and I'm not the best player on CoD, though going by your logic I must be an immature ***** because I would love to be the best player in the world on that game, I don't deny it. But what's the real difference with wanting to be the best at that in comparison to the best at something else?

How is wanting to be good at a game immature? It's no different from wanting to be the best at any activity or even sport. Relating this to FM Base, JP Woody is one of the best at finding tactics for FM, Raikan is one of the best at finding wonderkids & providing them for people, so that makes them immature?

To your earlier point, i agree when we all first started playing this game we wern't exactly good at it as we didn't know the guns, maps etc. I myself was one of those people who just ran out like a headless chicken which resulted in my k/d being roughly the same as yours at the moment. But i recently started again and it has improved significantly mainly due to me now knowing the maps and being able to out smart people (on occasions).

Ever heard of the yellow light of death mate? It is the PS3's version of the red ring of death although it is much more less known as only something like 1 in 100 get it :(

Wow i didnt know that im afraid:S Really unlucky to get that 1 out of hundred tbh i would guess it would cost quite alot to get it fixed aswell which sucks.

Not bias at all, purely because all MLG are done on xbox or PC which is why I can't see how serious gamers would play PS3, not saying I don't like the PS3 I just would imagine it to be a lot easier than 360..

http://gamebattles.com/

Plenty of PS3 teams on there who are very good. Yes, MLG gets more sponsorship, but I wouldn't put it past a lot of them to outdo their 360 counterparts, they just don't get the chance to on MLG's leagues, which is gay but such is life.

Didn't say I would win, I would just like to play.. Not like we would even find out so it's not really important.

Fair enough. ^^)

Happened to me a few months back aswell mate.
Was gutted but managed to fork out some cash for a new one within a week or so.
If you're going to get a new one, i'd recommened getting the original PS3, not the slim. Basicaly the Slim is the same, just with better looks and a more silent fan.
If you enjoyed playing on some classic PS2 games aswell i'd go for the original as you can't play them on the Slim.

Aannddyy look at this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f24/modern-warfare-2-t22734/page7.html scrool halfway down and look at Redrup's TDM scores. Absolutely insane that boy.

I want a 42 - 0 score :( My KS is stuck on 39. :mad:

Though I think his best score was a domination game, which improved his KS to 52.

How depressing.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Happened to me a few months back aswell mate.
Was gutted but managed to fork out some cash for a new one within a week or so.
If you're going to get a new one, i'd recommened getting the original PS3, not the slim. Basicaly the Slim is the same, just with better looks and a more silent fan.
If you enjoyed playing on some classic PS2 games aswell i'd go for the original as you can't play them on the Slim.

Only the 60GB originals are backwards-compatible I believe?

I know the early 40/80GBs weren't anyway, maybe some of the more recent 80GB ones are.

And Billy mine is nothing in comparison to that so well done (Y)

I'm absolutely wack at mw2 i will admit that, i dont mind getting smashed by you guys just i cant stand losing to a real life friend as they are all ******!:mad:

Oh and I'm not the best player on CoD, though going by your logic I must be an immature ***** because I would love to be the best player in the world on that game, I don't deny it. But what's the real difference with wanting to be the best at that in comparison to the best at something else?

I didn't call you a *****, what I meant was a lot of the players I have played, either on gamebattles or in clans in normal games are really immature, and arrogant, usually because they think they are the best. Although if you get kicks out of trying your hardest theny fair enough

How is wanting to be good at a game immature? It's no different from wanting to be the best at any activity or even sport

I didn't mean it like that, don't worry.

Aannddyy look at this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f24/modern-warfare-2-t22734/page7.html scrool halfway down and look at Redrup's TDM scores. Absolutely insane that boy.

Umm that's excellent but I don't see why you are telling me? I wasn't doubting him

Can we just end this, I'm too tired to even understand whether this is an arguement over nothing or if there is a point behind it, all I was trying to say is, I am good at CoD yes, not the best, nor do I want to be, if you are then great, but that's on PS3 and you can't compare PS3 to 360, when you get a 360 you can call yourself the best CoD player :p ...Okay I'm just winding you up now ;)

Only the 60GB originals are backwards-compatible I believe?

I know the early 40/80GBs weren't anyway, maybe some of the more recent 80GB ones are.

Im not too sure about that one, i've only ever had the 60GB model and that was backwards-compatible.

Was gutted the Slim couldn't play PS2 games, i had just purchased Pro Evo 6 off of Ebay the week before my first PS3 got the YLOD. Now it's just laying on the shelf filled with dust :'(

Im not too sure about that one, i've only ever had the 60GB model and that was backwards-compatible.

Was gutted the Slim couldn't play PS2 games, i had just purchased Pro Evo 6 off of Ebay the week before my first PS3 got the YLOD. Now it's just laying on the shelf filled with dust :'(

Yeah it's a shame, but doesn't affect me as I have the old model up here with me while my brother's using the Slim at home. (H)

As for Pro Evo 6, drop that series altogether and join us in Fifa land.

Yeah it's a shame, but doesn't affect me as I have the old model up here with me while my brother's using the Slim at home. (H)

As for Pro Evo 6, drop that series altogether and join us in Fifa land.

Well, you don't have my original 60 so calling it the 'old model' is misleading, you have the 40GB one I had to get because my PS3 hard-drive conked out at an annoying time. They had stopped making 60GBs and not started with 80s yet.

I know its linked to gaming but could we stay on the topic of the Fm-Base Modern Warfare Clan please.