• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham will stand firm on their refusal to sell Luka Modric - even after his claim that chairman Daniel Levy reneged on an agreement by rejecting a £22m bid from Chelsea.

More...

Did a similar with Berbatov, Tottenham are just pushing up the price. Reckon Spurs will sell him eventually but not until Levy has got Chelsea to pay something ridiculous.

****, I wanted him in United. I hope we get Sneijder now.

Did a similar with Berbatov, Tottenham are just pushing up the price. Reckon Spurs will sell him eventually but not until Levy has got Chelsea to pay something ridiculous.

I thought the same, 35m I think he'll go for

Someone on the Chelsea Discussion thread said that we should just give Levy a 30-35m bid, take it or leave it&see what he does. Then we'll see how firm he'll stand ;)

Update:
Tottenham do not have an agreement to allow playmaker Luka Modric to leave for another club, according to Sky Sports News.

To be honest Modric should have had something like this written into his contract, not as if the bids have come as a suprise

Used to like him, respected him for long term deal etc.

Pass.

Papers saying he's going to hand in a transfer request, wouldn't surprise me.

Alot more twists and turns left in this one, folks!

To be honest Modric should have had something like this written into his contract, not as if the bids have come as a suprise

I dont think Levy is a sort of Chairman who makes promises to players to let them go. He always wanted to keep hold of his star players and I dont think there was any gentleman agreement between them.

Exacly my thoughts, if they had an agreement then it should be in his contract which it is not. I dont blame him for wanting to move (as i dont think many do) but he has to do it the proper way

Papers saying he's going to hand in a transfer request, wouldn't surprise me.

Alot more twists and turns left in this one, folks!

This is a must, he has to hand in a request. A request basicly says i dont want to play for you so its in your best intrest to let me go. I said yesterday this has deadline day written all over it.

Update:
Tottenham do not have an agreement to allow playmaker Luka Modric to leave for another club, according to Sky Sports News.

its a gentlemans agreement not something which was put into Modric's contract

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I dont think Levy is a sort of Chairman who makes promises to players to let them go. He always wanted to keep hold of his star players and I dont think there was any gentleman agreement between them.

then he is just deluded, he cant keep stars the calibre of Modric unless Spurs get CL football every season tbh

Difference is that Chelsea are United's closest challengers to win the PLM, qualify for the CL regularly, have enough quality to make a realistic challenge for the CL too imo so I dont really blame him at all for wanting a move

its a gentlemans agreement not something which was put into Modric's contract

Which no one is sure about.. Like I said Levy is too smart to tell players that he will let them go. Now its all Modric's fault for signing a massive contract and wanting to quit after one year..

Used to like him, respected him for long term deal etc.

Pass.

look at it from his POV.... a big club like Chelsea who regularly qualify for the CL etc. want him, wont you have pushed for the move too particularly as it does not look like Spurs will be in the CL next season too

then he is just deluded, he cant keep stars the calibre of Modric unless Spurs get CL football every season tbh

Difference is that Chelsea are United's closest challengers to win the PLM, qualify for the CL regularly, have enough quality to make a realistic challenge for the CL too imo so I dont really blame him at all for wanting a move

Then he could have signed a smaller contract, simple as that.

Levy is not deluded. Best in the business. Its players fault to sign a massive contract and wanting to **** off after one year when a decent team comes offering better terms..

Which no one is sure about.. Like I said Levy is too smart to tell players that he will let them go. Now its all Modric's fault for signing a massive contract and wanting to quit after one year..

umm not really... he had a agreement with Levy and was honourable enough to trust Levy and not put it in his contract, what does he do when a big club like Chelsea want him, obviously he will push for a move, look at it from his POV, last season there was not interest in him or not much anyways but this season we came in with a concrete bid and we want him so I am pretty sure Modric though Levy will honour this agreement

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Then he could have signed a smaller contract, simple as that.

Levy is not deluded. Best in the business. Its players fault to sign a massive contract and wanting to **** off after one year when a decent team comes offering better terms..

we are not a decent team compared to Spurs, we have a great chance of winning every competition we are part of next season something which Tottenham has a less chance of doing so

and obviously its Levy's fault, Modric says he had a agreement with Levy before he signed the contract and he expected Levy to honour it, it shows that Modric really respected Levy enough to sign a big contract and trusted Levy

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Someone on the Chelsea Discussion thread said that we should just give Levy a 30-35m bid, take it or leave it&see what he does. Then we'll see how firm he'll stand ;)

that was me lol... I agree we are in the driving seat atm cos...

1. We have a greater chance of winning the PLM than Tottenham

2. We are in the CL and have a good chance of winning it too

3. We are not exactly short of cash or targets

4. Modric wants to come to us

so what the ****, offer 30-35m and say take it or leave it and ifSpurs stand firm, I say forget Modric and go for Moutinho and Guarin who would both come for around 35m, I am done with paying hefty prices for players as we got the FFP coming up and we need to start cutting down on this stuff

No point keeping an unhappy player, Tottenham need to learn theyre not as big as they think they are and lets be honest, the funds they could get from Modric could strengthen their team in several places.

No point keeping an unhappy player, Tottenham need to learn theyre not as big as they think they are and lets be honest, the funds they could get from Modric could strengthen their team in several places.

agree with this post... I was amazed when Redknapp told Spurs fans that they could mount a title challenge this year, lets be honest if they want to keep their best players the least they have to do is qualify for the CL regularly and I know that Spurs fans like Billy do not mind selling Modric and understand his reasons for wanting a move to Chelsea

even if you read what modric says about the so called gentelmens agreement it has to be good enough for club and player. yes it ok for modric to go yes i want to leave, but the offer of only 22m compared to what certin players like jordan henderson was brought for after a good season at best. Modric has been a consistant player since he has joined the premier leauge and to only offer 22m compared to what other players have been sold for is beyond a joke. what we should do (tottenham) is sell modric abroad or keep him at the club, this then shows that we wont give into peer pressure and wont sell to rival clubs.

Back