Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
I would much rather get a replacement for Essien to be honest. I wouldn't want another huge money fail buy either.

11:58pm August 31st 2011.

"Sky Sports News is awaiting confirmation of Luka Modric's situation after Chelsea had a £40M bid accepted for the midfielder earlier today."

Sometime between 12:00pm on 1st September and 00:00 3rd September.

Chelsea FC are delighted to announce the signing of Croatian Luka Modric for £40M from Tottenham Hotspur.

Mark my words.

'PL' experience settling in rubbish etc...Do not buy that as an argument.

Torres has PL experience but found it difficult moving/settling his young family from Liverpool to Chelsea, Luiz had 0 PL experience and settled in straight away.

My advice Roman- For what Levy would sell at just go and sign Moutinho/Guarin/Sissoko and the midfield will be one of the strongest in the world.

Essien replacement should always have been Annan in my opinion rather than Mikel but I doubt he will sign for anyone else this summer...

Chaz got it spot on. Clubs have been looking at Luka for the best part of two years. He shouldnt have signed such a long contract if he had thoughts of leaving. And Levy is not a person to make "gentlema agreements" he does what he thinks is best for the club. And that is not losing his player for a cut price

"Sky Sports News is awaiting confirmation of Luka Modric's situation after Chelsea had a £40M bid accepted for the midfielder earlier today."

Chelsea FC are delighted to announce the signing of Croatian Luka Modric for £40M from Tottenham Hotspur.

Mark my words.

XD if Chelsea wait that long people will just use the excuse in September ''he needs a good pre season under his belt'', they need to sign before the Community Shield to have any chance of getting a good start.

Mark my words, Moutinho+DM by August 14th...

Ideally- Moutinho/Guarin and someone like a Moussa Sissoko will solve the midfield problems.

English football has never really embrassed the release clause hence why teams pay over the odds in the PL for other PL teams players. If Modric asked for one then he would be the only player to have one in England so it dosent really make sence. I personly think they should be used all over the globe but England just dont like them.

I never said we were bigger?? I said better, but saying that i wouldnt say we are much smaller than Spurs and im not even sure we would even be smaller now come to think of it.

I agree should be used globally but my point is without the clause He should honour the contract..he may want to leave I would to but doesnt change fact that he legally obliged to play for spurs until eithe levy feels compensated or the contract runs out..not Lukas choice

Fact is on the Modric contract point, his agent must be genuinely an idiot...Not blaming Levy/Modric I blame Modric's naive agent who clearly isn't really that smart on getting money from clubs.

I think the contract he signed was a 5-6 year contract on 40k a week...

What I would say to Luka: Tough, you shouldn't have signed it.

If Jorge was his agent this situation would not be happening...He'd be at Madrid.

Please stay at Spurs Modric.

You will cripple Chelsea if you come for Levys asking price, sign Moutinho Roman!

I'm a silent voice of sanity in this saga, why can't I be an 'advisor' to Roman?

If Emenalo and Grant can get that gig why can't I?

agree with you totally

Moutinho/Guarin for a combined price of 35m and if they can settle in well and reproduce the form they showed for Porto, they are gonna take the PL by storm!

umm not really... he had a agreement with Levy and was honourable enough to trust Levy and not put it in his contract, what does he do when a big club like Chelsea want him, obviously he will push for a move, look at it from his POV, last season there was not interest in him or not much anyways but this season we came in with a concrete bid and we want him so I am pretty sure Modric though Levy will honour this agreement

So He signed a long term contract just a year ago which counts for nothing as a big club wants him now? Why did he sign the contract in the first place, that too 6 year contract.

we are not a decent team compared to Spurs, we have a great chance of winning every competition we are part of next season something which Tottenham has a less chance of doing so

and obviously its Levy's fault, Modric says he had a agreement with Levy before he signed the contract and he expected Levy to honour it, it shows that Modric really respected Levy enough to sign a big contract and trusted Levy

So we have to believe there was a gentlemen agreement between them. I'm not buying it as Modric would have made them to put it in the contract as Agents and players are way to clever..

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Chaz got it spot on. Clubs have been looking at Luka for the best part of two years. He shouldnt have signed such a long contract if he had thoughts of leaving. And Levy is not a person to make "gentlema agreements" he does what he thinks is best for the club. And that is not losing his player for a cut price

Agree with this. Levy is not that sort of a chairman like Whelan. He does what is best for the club and infact he is taking Spurs in the right direction. I dont think he will make promises of letting his players go..

Mark my words.

Can't see Levy making that mistake again.

Fact of the matter is that Luka shouldnt have signed a 6 year contract if he was never planning to honour it. Don't make up imaginary gentlemen's agreements as well to try and make out as if your being bullied into staying. No-one forced you to sign the contract and now that you have, we will only sell you when the deal suits us. As if Levy would even contemplate that supposed 'agreement'.

Total bs.

Fact of the matter is that Luka shouldnt have signed a 6 year contract if he was never planning to honour it. Don't make up imaginary gentlemen's agreements as well to try and make out as if your being bullied into staying. No-one forced you to sign the contract and now that you have, we will only sell you when the deal suits us. As if Levy would even contemplate that supposed 'agreement'.

Total bs.

Meh, footballers. Their bastarditude never fails to astound.

Total bs.

how do u know the agreement is total bs... trouble is that as soon as players want to move on to bigger clubs, none of the fans understand their reasons and jump on their backs, he is being bullied into staying as Levy is apparently threatening to put him in the stands if he pushes for a move, agreed he should not have signed the contract but I find it hard to believe he would have done so without having a sort of agreement with Levy before-hand, he trusted Levy and now it looks like Levy is the one who is playing the villain forcing Modric to stay and it is already apparent that Levy fed total bs to the media after their supposed crisis talks

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

So He signed a long term contract just a year ago which counts for nothing as a big club wants him now? Why did he sign the contract in the first place, that too 6 year contract.

So we have to believe there was a gentlemen agreement between them. I'm not buying it as Modric would have made them to put it in the contract as Agents and players are way to clever..

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Agree with this. Levy is not that sort of a chairman like Whelan. He does what is best for the club and infact he is taking Spurs in the right direction. I dont think he will make promises of letting his players go..

Actually, it may be the simple matter that Modric trusted Levy to do whats best for his career and sell him if a big offer came in, now it seems its Levy who is not honouring the deal

he had a 'gentlemans' agreement with Levy that if a bigger club comes for him, Spurs would allow him to go before he signed the contract, its not his fault Levy is giving a twisted version of events to the media and not honouring their agreement

Why didn't his agent ensure that it was handled correctly? That's what they're paid for, I'm sure.

Chelsea is going to get him because of Essiens injury, really don't think he'll move United. It's also quite easy when he already lives in London.

Why is it such a big issue about him signing a new contract and wanting to leave for a "bigger" club a year into it.
People do it all the time, if everyone honoured their contracts the game would just be full of free transfers, plus he is still honouring it by actually playing for them, it's not like he's saying **** you I refuse to touch the ball for your club ever again.

He should of had that stuff put into his contract which is his/his agents fault. He most likely signed for 6 years because it was a solid contract offered to him and it means he has a "safe" place at a club for some time.

Says on ssn Chelsea to make improved bid for Luka late today. Ive heard the bid is 27 mil and if so I cannot see that being accepted no way.

Do you get delusion free with your home shirt? Since Mike Ashley no Newcastle fan with any sense expects anything. Every toon fan I spoke to about last season expected us to go down. Every spurs fan that opened their trap (which was btw, all of them, all of the time) expected to be in the top 2, were already rubbing it in Arsenals faces, and were expecting world class players to be on their way to WHL. Im still pinching myself that we managed to convince Cabaye and HBA to sign for us, you're angry that Modric (whos been with you silently for years, could of moved on ages ago) now wants to go to a big club.

Wouldn't know, since I haven't spent any money on a football shirt since I was a child. They look grotesque on adults, in my opinion.

I guess you returned my massive stereotype with your own, which is fair enough, but claiming that all Tottenham fans 'expected' top 2 is laughable, when the majority were hopeful of top 4, and barely expectant of that. I will deny your claim that I am supposedly "angry" about Modric wanting a move though; considering I've barely flinched at the news over the past couple of weeks.

Andddddd on that note, I suppose we're done here. It's become quite obvious to me over past discussions that you dislike Tottenham Hotspur as a club, and I know better than to try and debate sensibly with someone of your ilk.

Wouldn't know, since I haven't spent any money on a football shirt since I was a child. They look grotesque on adults, in my opinion.

I guess you returned my massive stereotype with your own, which is fair enough, but claiming that all Tottenham fans 'expected' top 2 is laughable, when the majority were hopeful of top 4, and barely expectant of that. I will deny your claim that I am supposedly "angry" about Modric wanting a move though; considering I've barely flinched at the news over the past couple of weeks.

Andddddd on that note, I suppose we're done here. It's become quite obvious to me over past discussions that you dislike Tottenham Hotspur as a club, and I know better than to try and debate sensibly with someone of your ilk.

I have you know I look like an absolute stud muffin in me Everton shirt which I'm wearing right now with my Everton slippers! (K)

how do u know the agreement is total bs... trouble is that as soon as players want to move on to bigger clubs, none of the fans understand their reasons and jump on their backs, he is being bullied into staying as Levy is apparently threatening to put him in the stands if he pushes for a move, agreed he should not have signed the contract but I find it hard to believe he would have done so without having a sort of agreement with Levy before-hand, he trusted Levy and now it looks like Levy is the one who is playing the villain forcing Modric to stay and it is already apparent that Levy fed total bs to the media after their supposed crisis talks

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Actually, it may be the simple matter that Modric trusted Levy to do whats best for his career and sell him if a big offer came in, now it seems its Levy who is not honouring the deal

You see, there are so so many things fundamentally wrong with everything you are saying.

Ever heard of Daniel Levy? Probably the smartest chairmen in the league and I can pretty much say that I am sure he wouldn't have made such a ridiculous agreement. This is clearly Modric trying to twist the tides and make him seem innocent and being trapped against his will.

Even if Levy agreed to sell him if a big offer came in...There hasn't been one! 22m is beyond a ******* joke. What is Modric valued at, 30m? So why should we sell our best player for what hes worth when hes tied down for 5 years? If you had a house and you were happy there and it was worth 500k, and someone offered 500k...you would turn it down. In order for you to sell your best players teams have to bid far more than they are worth so that it is a beneficial deal for both parties where this clearly isnt!

All the Chelsea fans are so ridiculously blinded here, we should sell our best player for a price that is insulting and poor little Modric is being held after his will after signing a 6 year deal 1 year ago.

If you dont intend to honour it, then don't sign it.

Put up or **** off Chelsea.

You see, there are so so many things fundamentally wrong with everything you are saying.

Ever heard of Daniel Levy? Probably the smartest chairmen in the league and I can pretty much say that I am sure he wouldn't have made such a ridiculous agreement. This is clearly Modric trying to twist the tides and make him seem innocent and being trapped against his will.

Even if Levy agreed to sell him if a big offer came in...There hasn't been one! 22m is beyond a ******* joke. What is Modric valued at, 30m? So why should we sell our best player for what hes worth when hes tied down for 5 years? If you had a house and you were happy there and it was worth 500k, and someone offered 500k...you would turn it down. In order for you to sell your best players teams have to bid far more than they are worth so that it is a beneficial deal for both parties where this clearly isnt!

All the Chelsea fans are so ridiculously blinded here, we should sell our best player for a price that is insulting and poor little Modric is being held after his will after signing a 6 year deal 1 year ago.

If you dont intend to honour it, then don't sign it.

Put up or **** off Chelsea.

Why are we blinded, i think most/all of us have said 22mill is low and the fee should be more like 30. People change their minds in life simple as that and their is nothing wrong with it. Its just more highlighted in football because of the money involved.

Back