• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 9K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy says that midfielder Luka Modric is not for sale "'at any price"'.

More...

Luka has already stated that he wants to leave, I don't think Levy is doing the right thing in restricting him from reaching his dream.

Luka has already stated that he wants to leave, I don't think Levy is doing the right thing in restricting him from reaching his dream.

Exactly, there's only so long you can keep a player that wants to leave at your club. To be honest, i think this is a modern day tactic, stating that a player isn't for sale so the bidding club really up's their offer for the player.

I think he'll be gone by the end of the transfer window. If Tottenham recieve a bid in the region of 30mil£+ there's no reason to hold him back. They'll surely find a decent replacement for the money and it's a good piece of business, but I think the chairman and Redknapp are more worried about how the sell could effect the other in-demand players.

Well although Luka said he wont put in a transfer request i got a feeling he may have to if he wants to join us. Levy has to be careful here because does he really want a player who dosent want to play for the side? take 30-35mill for him Spurs.

Come on Levy jsut give in he wants to join Chelsea and play champions league football and compete for the premier league title and he wont be playing in the champions league next season at Spurs and winning the title at Spurs is a bit of a long shot.

Come on Levy jsut give in he wants to join Chelsea and play champions league football and compete for the premier league title and he wont be playing in the champions league next season at Spurs and winning the title at Spurs is a bit of a long shot.

If only life were that simple...

OK, I bid £300000000000000m for Modric. Well, too bad he's not for sale Levy...

Sigh..

Acceptance is the first step to overcoming a problem Mr Levy.

He shouldn't have signed the contract then. Nobody forced him.

Well people change their minds. He proberly thought Spurs could get CL football year after year but now looking at it they look about 6th choice for me on paper. At the time he signed the contract things looks great at Spurs but now he wants to win things and play at the top level i.e Champions League on a regular basis you cant blame him.

A contract means **** all in football these days, It only added 10million to his Value.

But a long contract puts the power more in the clubs hand. He might have to ask for a transfer to get his wish

Well people change their minds. He proberly thought Spurs could get CL football year after year but now looking at it they look about 6th choice for me on paper.

Weak attempt at trolling, even a moron would've gotten the point I was making. 2/10, Scott.

Well people change their minds. He proberly thought Spurs could get CL football year after year but now looking at it they look about 6th choice for me on paper.

I re-iterate.

He's under contract.

But a long contract puts the power more in the clubs hand. He might have to ask for a transfer to get his wish

Without a doubt, but it doesnt mean they will be able to keep him against his will, just ask for more money,

Weak attempt at trolling, even a moron would've gotten the point I was making. 2/10, Scott.

A weak attempt at trying to win the argument, The minute you said my name for no reason. 1/10 :p

He shouldn't have signed the contract then. Nobody forced him.

Aye, its not like this is sudden interest. United's interest for one has been longstanding

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Without a doubt, but it doesnt mean they will be able to keep him against his will, just ask for more money,

Which would make it harder for him to get his move

Which would make it harder for him to get his move

If he forces it, Spurs wont be able to keep him. All they have managed to do is get more money for him. Not keep hold of him.

Back