Modric not for sale, insist Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 9K
No... Everyone cries troll when you do, and most of the time they're right. It's when you're NOT trolling, that no one believes you. (A very rare occasion)

I think most people need to know what trolling is... Arguing with someones opinion isnt trolling, I havent actually gone on the "troll" since i got back from ze Ban.

I think most people need to know what trolling is... Arguing with someones opinion isnt trolling, I havent actually gone on the "troll" since i got back from ze Ban.

But your reputation before "ze ban" still precedes you. It's because we couldn't stop talking about you when you were away - all the new members became aware of your infamous reputation. ;)

But your reputation before "ze ban" still precedes you. It's because we couldn't stop talking about you when you were away - all the new members became aware of your infamous reputation. ;)

I am truly blushing right now joss. Such kind words.

I don't recall anyone seriously accusing you of trolling recently to be honest, and if they have, perhaps they are just trolling you?! Anyway, back on topic, it looks more likely that Modric will leave (probably to Chelsea). How will this effect the other clubs? Will United stump up the cash for Sneijder? Will Spurs reinvest in a midfield replacement or use the money to target a top striker? How would he fit into Chelsea's team, and will it impact Lampard's position? Do Arsenal care?

I don't recall anyone seriously accusing you of trolling recently to be honest, and if they have, perhaps they are just trolling you?! Anyway, back on topic, it looks more likely that Modric will leave (probably to Chelsea). How will this effect the other clubs? Will United stump up the cash for Sneijder? Will Spurs reinvest in a midfield replacement or use the money to target a top striker? How would he fit into Chelsea's team, and will it impact Lampard's position? Do Arsenal care?

Don't see it impacting Lampard tbh - more just blocking McEachran, who's a similar player in style. Like Wilshere as well. Quite possible Utd will stump up the cash for Sneijder since Leonardo has left - Spurs have enough money anyway, I think they need to sign a direct replacement for him with that cash. Arsenal don't really care - probably prefer if he moves to Chelsea. Don't see him benefiting them as much as he would Utd tbh. And always nice to see our rivals embarrassed by their own chairman :)

Don't see it impacting Lampard tbh - more just blocking McEachran, who's a similar player in style. Like Wilshere as well. Quite possible Utd will stump up the cash for Sneijder since Leonardo has left - Spurs have enough money anyway, I think they need to sign a direct replacement for him with that cash. Arsenal don't really care - probably prefer if he moves to Chelsea. Don't see him benefiting them as much as he would Utd tbh. And always nice to see our rivals embarrassed by their own chairman :)

But McEachran hasn't played many games, and Modric will walk into the Chelsea team. It has to limit the pitch time of someone. Maybe Ramires / Mikel, as Essien is surely a guaranteed starter. In a 4-3-3, I would want Essien, Modric and Lampard - a classic ball winner, creator, passer combo

But McEachran hasn't played many games, and Modric will walk into the Chelsea team. It has to limit the pitch time of someone. Maybe Ramires / Mikel, as Essien is surely a guaranteed starter. In a 4-3-3, I would want Essien, Modric and Lampard - a classic ball winner, creator, passer combo

That's exactly why he'd be blocking McEachran's development. At a time when he should be pushing for more opportunities (at about 19, like Wilshere), Chelsea are making it abundantly clear that they don't think he's good enough yet and are signing someone to fill the gap. Ramires will either take up a new position or move to the bench I imagine.

(3-3)

Essien

Lampard - Modric

Anelka - Torres/Lukaku/Drogba - Malouda/Neymar

???​

That's exactly why he'd be blocking McEachran's development. At a time when he should be pushing for more opportunities (at about 19, like Wilshere), Chelsea are making it abundantly clear that they don't think he's good enough yet and are signing someone to fill the gap. Ramires will either take up a new position or move to the bench I imagine.

(3-3)

Essien

Lampard - Modric

Anelka - Torres/Lukaku/Drogba - Malouda/Neymar

???​

Yeah, it seems strange that everyone at Chelsea rates McEachran so highly yet they are trying for Modric. Perhaps they will rotate Lampard a lot more this season, and maybe Essien a bit more too? Moving Essien to right back is another option, and there has even been talk of him moving to Real Madrid to renew his relationship with Mourinho.

If Modric joins Chelsea i would expect one of 2 things to happen. Either we will let a CM leave i.e Essien or Mikel or we will loan McEachran to a side where he will get a really good ammount of games behind his belt.

If Modric joins Chelsea i would expect one of 2 things to happen. Either we will let a CM leave i.e Essien or Mikel or we will loan McEachran to a side where he will get a really good ammount of games behind his belt.

Why would you let a DM go in order to make room for creative players?

Personally think the latter option is best. Wilshere's loan to Bolton was great for him. Perhaps Chelsea could send McEachran to Bolton too so he can get some Owen Coyle tutorship

See! Quite clear Chelsea don't need him.

Oh well, guess we'll have to keep hold for now.

Because nobody needs DMs!

Could make the argument that Essien isn't a DM. I would.

Well obviously it's not as simple as "You're a defensive midfielder!" any more. But Essien has primarily been used as the more defensive of the midfield two/three at Chelsea. Not exactly a creative player.

Well obviously it's not as simple as "You're a defensive midfielder!" any more. But Essien has primarily been used as the more defensive of the midfield two/three at Chelsea. Not exactly a creative player.

No, point taken.

How about Chelsea/Torres learn(s) to play in a tight diamond? Problem solved!

Because diamonds need to be played perfectly else they'll fall apart. Wonderfully effective if used correctly, but if not then they'll get ripped apart by width. It could be argued that it's becoming an extinct formation, what with the likes of Spurs beating Italian champions Milan when the latter were using a 4-3-1-2. It's far too reliant on the trequartista, a position that is less prevalent nowadays, to be the creative outlet and it is far too easy to stop him.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

-10 points please

-50, you could have St Totteringham's day in October.

Why would you let a DM go in order to make room for creative players?

Because Essien could play DM as could Ramires and i believe David Luiz would be better in DM also.

Personally think the latter option is best. Wilshere's loan to Bolton was great for him. Perhaps Chelsea could send McEachran to Bolton too so he can get some Owen Coyle tutorship

Yer i would think that mate, McEachran would get into Bolton's side i rekon and a season like Wilshere had there would do him no harm at all.

News: Chelsea could face points deduction over Luka Modric transfer - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

I dont really get it, surely their in the wrong for not telling Modric? We just made the bid public

Every season theres something!

Every ******* transfer window!!!! Seriously it gets boring now, every time Chelsea go for a player/staff member it has bad news written all over it. To be fair to us we have only been found guilty once too and that was the whole Ashley Cole tapping up situation which in my mind should be allowed legal.

Back