Molineux, a theatre of dreams - A Wolves Story.

Just noticed that youre back mate!!! Great stuff so far pal!! :)

March
View attachment 353043
'Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm a European champion and I think I'm the special one'
Jose Mourinho

nPower Championship
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Molineux

Wolves
1 - 2 Leicester
Watt (23')

MOTM: David Nugent

We need to win games more and more as it is coming to the closing stages of the season and we need to make sure the top spot is ours or the automatic promotion spot. Youngster Watt got on the scoresheet yet again for us and one of the positives to take from the match.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 5th March 2013

The Valley

Charlton 2 - 3 Wolves
Vukcevic (64', 73', 78')

MOTM: Simon Vukcevic

Well what a comeback is all I can say, we was two goals down going into half-time and it looked like we was going to lose again until Simon Vukcevic brought a magnificent individual display to the crowd which saw him take the matchball home. What a comeback from the lads.

FA Cup Quarter Final
Saturday 9th May 2013

Britannia Stadium

Stoke 3 - 1 Wolves
Vukcevic (78'), Del Horno sent off

MOTM: Marc Wilson

All too good to be true to go any further, Stoke have knocked us out of both national cups this year and they was just too much competition for us and the best team won at the end of the day I'm not bitter about that. The lads can be pleased of their efforts this year but now must concentrate on the league to get back to the Premiership.

nPower Championship
Wednesday 13th March 2013

Ashton Gate

Bristol City 3 - 4 Wolves
Watt (20'), Edwards (45'), Fierro (68'), Hunt (83')

MOTM: Sam Baldock

What a rollercoaster of a match!!! Seven goals to treat the crowd to a goal bonanza and we came out on top and took the three points home to the fans. Two of our goals was penalties but you can only take what is given to you and we took it with open arms.

nPower Championship
Saturday 16th March 2013

Molineux

Wolves 0 - 0 Bolton

MOTM: Christophe Berra

A very drab match which had some limited highlights but we didn't lose which is a target to my players I have set. If we can't win then go for the draw. Bolton are a strong team and have a good set of players so it is a good result for us.

nPower Championship
Saturday 30th March 2013

Molineux

Wolves 5 - 1 Sheff Wed
Vachousek (6'), Berra (13'), Watt (25', 73'), Edwards (90')

MOTM: Tony Watt

Just when we needed a slight bit of confidence coming into the last stretch of the season this has given us it!! A five goal haul for us to treat our fans to. A brace from the youngster Watt to add to his impressive tally this season and the rest of the team chipped in with the important goals.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 353057
Simon Vukcevic
Pure inspiration to some of the team this month. Great fighting attitude.

League Table
View attachment 353058

April
View attachment 353059
'Football is a simple game, 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, then the best team wins'

We got a good youth intake from my opinion, I believe this individual to be the best and could challenge for a first team place in the future providing good looking after.

View attachment 353086

nPower Championship
Monday 1st April 2013

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 1 Burnley
Watt (6')

MOTM: Charlie Austin

We didn't capitalize on our early lead and couldn't win the game. It is getting desperate for us to win games in the closing few games as more and more teams are fighting for points and teams will be hungrier than ever, especially the lower half.

nPower Championship
Saturday 6th April 2013

The Den

Millwall 1 - 2 Wolves
Watt (22', 61')

We will take any win at this stage of the season whether we scrape it or destroy the opposition, we want Premier League football next year at the Molineux. Another brace from Tony secured us a win against Millwall.

nPower Championship
Saturday 13th April 2013

Vicarage Road

Watford 5 - 1 Wolves
Hammill (1')

MOTM: Steven McGinn

My worst day in management by far. We got humiliated by a team of loanee's in Watford. We need to make sure we can keep the pressure on to stay in the top two otherwise fear the lottery of the play-offs where anybody can beat anyone. We start again next game.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 16th April 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Huddersfield
Watt (33'), Ebanks-Blake (49')

MOTM: Adam Clayton

Well it was a good win and very narrow. But not that which is important, what is important is that.. WE HAVE BEEN PROMOTED BACK TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wolves will be playing their trade in the Premier League next year but now we want to go one step further and win the thing.

nPower Championship
Saturday 20th April 2013

St.Andrews

Birmingham 3 - 2 Wolves
Hammill (13'), Watt (52')

MOTM: Nikola Zigic

Well we cannot wrap the league up quite yet. We have alot of players injured and the team is looking a little depleted at the minute. We still battled like a team fighting for something that important, we want to sign the season off in style. If results go our way then we will be champions.

nPower Championship
Monday 29th April 2013

Amex Stadium

Brighton 4 - 2 Wolves
Watt (16'), Fierro (22')

MOTM: Will Buckley

A good and a bad spin on the day, we lost but with other news filtering through, WE ARE CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have had a long season and sometimes not got the results we have wanted but we have dug in when it matters and secured the title. There will be big parties after our final game against Middlesborough.

View attachment 353090

nPower Championship
Saturday 4th May 2013

Molineux

Wolves 0 - 0 Middlesborough

MOTM: Johnathan Woodgate

We wasn't bothered by the result today just aslong as it was a good performance. We lifted the nPower Championship infront of our crowd today and it was excellent. The roar of the crowd spurring us on and the joy of when we lifted it is a moment I will never forget.

Final League Table

View attachment 353087

Awards and things to follow next in preparation for the Premier League.

Last edited:
Awards
View attachment 353144

Champions: Wolves
Runner-Up: Blackburn
Play-off Winners: Ipswich

nPower Championship Player of the Year: Steve Morison (Leeds)

nPower Championship Top Goalscorer award: Tony Watt (Wolves)

nPower Championship Young Player of the Year: Jason Lowe (Blackburn)

nPower Championship Manager of the Year: Josh Garner (Wolves)

nPower Championship Team of the Year:

Ikeme

Fathi Williams Bostwick Friend

Hunt Crofts Wordsworth Zaha

Morison Watt

My Player Of The Season & Young Player Of The Season
View attachment 353145
Tony Watt
The lad scoops both awards after his debut season as a full professional he unveiled himself as the top scorer of the Championship and I was astonished how he didn't win the nPower Young Player of the Year award myself. He has been sensational and when people questioned his 3m fee they can look back now and be laughing. He is only 19 and has a large future ahead of himself in the game.

Press Conference
View attachment 353147

Tony Smith: You said you would gain promotion at the start of the season when everyone doubted you. How do you feel now you have secured promotion with Wolves?

Josh Garner: Well it is quite the occasion isn't it? We have been good all season and I knew just that we would go up. We have had a good season this year with two decent cup runs.

Nigel Banks: Reports are coming out of the club you will have a healthy transfer budget next season as you didn't spend your allocated budget this year. Have you got any particular targets in mind at the minute?

Josh Garner: My only targets are that the club strengthens and we bring in the right players for the right price. We can go and blow our transfer budget on a class player but it takes a squad to last a season. It is a marathon not a sprint, we have targets but we won't rush anything.

Harry Brown: We have it on good authority that Everton and Newcastle are in a bidding war for Tony Watt. Is there any truth in this rumour Josh?

Josh Garner: After a good season he is obviously going to be linked to higher clubs but we have had chats and he is happy at the club, it would take a ridiculous offer for him to leave. Anyway, thankyou for your time gentlemen I'm sure we will meet again next year.

View attachment 353148
The Premier League awaits us.

Last edited:
Pre-Season

View attachment 353283

Seamus Coleman - For such a young and experienced full-back with Premier League experience I thought the fee was more than worth it, he is only young and can still develop into a better player.

Rodrigo Battaglia - Another player with youth on his side and was a rotational player in Parma's team last year, he will provide us with back-up.

Oscar Utari - Perhaps harsh on Ikeme as he was brilliant last year but Utari is a Argentine international and has more quality.

Marcelo Estigarribia - This signing has got everyone at the club excited as he ripped Serie A up last year whilst on loan at Sampdoria with 10 goals and 6 assists hopefully he can replicate that for us.

Efe Ambrose - Very strong player who had a good year at Celtic, at a cheap fee it was rude not to take him for the price.

Ayoub Tran - Just given a contract by ADO Den Haag we spotted the boy had some brilliant quality and wanted to snap him up before any big teams got there before us.

Dedryck Boyata - After a spell in Belgium last year he impressed while on loan from Manchester City so another defensive option for us to keep our minds open on who to play there.

Stephan Simonsen - A regen from Brodby which I am really excited about and his future lying ahead. He may even feature this year if he gets the breakthrough.

Mohamed Diame - One of the biggest coups in our transfer window. For a release clause in his contract of 3.5m he has excellent qualities and will marshall our team with a Makelele role infront of the back four.

Patrick van Aanholt - A loanee from Chelsea, he was voted in the Eredivisie team of the season for Vitesse last year so he should do a good enough job for us.

Haris Medunjanin - A old school football player. He isn't fast nor skillful but possesses some great passing ability and a eagle eye for balls. He is also one of the coups for the team.

James McArthur - James cost us 6 million and the highest out of all our transfers. He is a Scotland international and can pick a player out in any area of the pitch. He is in his mid twenties aswell so has plenty of time.

Ivo Ilicevic - The Croatian is a out and out winger and was part of a Hamburg team which got relegated from the Bundesliga last year, he frightens the life out of defenders with his direct running.

Denis Suarez - Unwanted and not needed at Manchester City. A fee of 300k which is nothing but a slight gamble. He has some brilliant qualities and if trained right, he will turn out to be a wonderful player.

Olof Mellberg - Well Mellberg is known in England from his time with Aston Villa, he gives us bags of experience and will be a big impact on the squad.

Friendlies

Crawley 0 - 1 Wolves
Watt (38')

Accrington 1 - 1 Wolves
Watt (32')

AFC Telford 0 - 3 Wolves
Boyata (19'), McAlinden (49', 73')

Wolves 2 - 0 AC Milan
Watt (8'), McAlinden (51')

Wolves 1 - 0 RC Lens
Berra (90')

Overall, a very successful pre-season and I am very happy with my acquisitions. I have strengthened in most areas which I feel we need vital players. We may need another striker but after claiming the nPower Top Goalscorer I have trust in Watt to score a few goals for us.

We kick off at Swansea on our return to the Premier League.

August
View attachment 353320
Nobody worth remembering ever got anything given to them

This seasons aims:
Stay in the Premier League
Get to a Semi-Final in a domestic cup
Better the players than we already have.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 17th August 2013

Liberty Stadium

Swansea 1 - 1 Wolves
O.G (73')

MOTM: Danny Batth

Well I am more than impressed with the result here today. If we can get results away from home then that will be key to us staying up. I have set us an objective of 45 points to try and achieve to make sure we stay up. We was defensively solid today and should be proud of ourselves with the performance.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 24th August 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 0 Blackburn
Estigarribia (67'), Medunjanin (89')

MOTM: Efe Ambrose

Well this is excellent, if we pick up points against relegation rivals then they are all six-pointers and worth much much more. We dominated Blackburn and looked on a far superior level to them as we have both just come up from the nPower Championship.

Capital One Cup Second Round
Tuesday 27th August 2013

King Power Stadium

Leicester 1 - 4 Wolves
Watt (35', 47', 81'), Ilicevic (64')

Well he proved that he is still able to score goals on the back of last season. He takes home his third matchball of his career and they are only going to get more and more. He has stated his ambition to stay with the club after we trusted him and gave him his career breakthrough. We progress to the next round.

Capital One Cup Third Round draw:
Stoke v Wolves

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 31st August 2013

Portman Road

Ipswich 1 - 3 Wolves
Ilicevic (35'), Batth (63'), Vukcevic (79')

Well this couldn't be any more of a dream start for us! We have remained the opening month unbeaten. I know this won't be the case next month when we come up against much tougher opposition in the likes of Man City and Tottenham but if we win our games against the teams around us we should be safe and secure survival.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 353322
Danny Batth
The 22 year old has been a rock for us in the opening month

League Table
View attachment 353323
Can we end the season now??

The real Wolves need somebody like you mate! You d do a much better job than the mugs they ve appointed the last couple of seasons sending such a big club to league one.

Tony Watt is a great buy, Such an exciting prospect for the future & Scottish football.

P,s great story good luck in the prem.

The real Wolves need somebody like you mate! You d do a much better job than the mugs they ve appointed the last couple of seasons sending such a big club to league one.
I know mate, such a shame to see it happen to a good club with a good chairman.

Tony Watt is a great buy, Such an exciting prospect for the future & Scottish football.

P,s great story good luck in the prem.
I know right, took a gamble and it paid off! Thanks mate

September
View attachment 353421
'He who is courageous enough will be victorious'

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 15th September 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 0 West Ham
Watt (74'), Fierro (90')

Well the lads have shot off in the Premier League this season and are meeting more than expectations but West Ham won't be far off the drop this year and we annihilated them today with two wonderful finishes from our strikers. Both of the young lads are coping brilliantly to the Premier League.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 21st September 2013

Molineux

Wolves 3 - 1 Man City
O'G ('3), Diame (45+2'), Watt (54')

Probably the best we will play this season but we have been so clinical. We set up with an anchorman and two centre midfielders so City couldn't barrage through our midfield and they was excellent today. As City threw people forward to score as they got frustrated we picked them off on the counter and we gain a massive three points today. Get in there boys.

Capital One Cup Third Round
Tuesday 24th September 2013

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 1 Stoke (Stoke win 3-2 on penalties)
Vukcevic (41')

MOTM: Efe Ambrose

Well today we couldn't break past Stoke unfortunately for us but it took them penalties to win us, they seem to be our bogey team when it comes to cups but we have the FA Cup to look forward to which I believe we will have a good run in. We came close today but when a match goes to penalties it is a lottery.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 28th September 2013
White Hart Lane

Tottenham 6 - 0 Wolves

MOTM: Younes Kaboul

Well today we lost our unbeaten record but we was awful. I didn't expect us to pick anything up from Tottenham but to lose 6-0 is dreadful and we ought to be ashamed with ourselves. We shouldn't be losing by these margins and I said to my team it will be the only time this season we lose by a margin that big otherwise there will be some words.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 353438
Efe Ambrose
Didn't feature in the Tottenham game but has been solid at the back.

League Table
View attachment 353441

October
View attachment 354013
'When you start treating your fans like customers, that's when you lose the real love of the club'

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 5th October 2013

Stadium Of Light

Sunderland 2 - 2 Wolves
McArthur (46'), Vukcevic (86')

MOTM: Alfred N'Diaye

A point away from home is a good point. We are fighting for survival not trying to win the league and in my eyes it is a good result although we was a better team and should of won but we cannot dwell on these things. We move onto the next game.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 19th October 2013

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 2 Chelsea
Batth (34')

MOTM: Cesar Azpilicueta

Well we get alot of applause for our efforts but no rewards in points, we played fantastically well today and shut off Chelsea many of times but we just couldn't withstand their barrages of attacks. We played well though and all the players should be proud.

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 27th October 2013
Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Southampton
Ilicevic (11'), Berra (14')

MOTM: Christophe Berra

Well this is what its about, the narrow wins against those who will be around you at the end of the season. We looked a better and established team than Southampton who have some fantastic players in their squad but we looked superior. We fought more, acted like we was fighting for our lives. It made us win the game.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 354016
Ivo Ilisevic
Played consistantly well through the month and provided the team

Last edited:
Sorry about lack of updates, got a new job guys. I am still doing this story, one will be up tonight.

November
View attachment 355038
'Play for the name on the front of the shirt, and they will remember the name on the back'
Tony Adams

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 2nd November 2013
Anfield

Liverpool 1 - 0 Wolves

MOTM: Martin Skrtel

We gave Liverpool a brilliant run for their money and was unlucky not to come away with a point at Anfield today. I must admit the Liverpool fans are a driving force behind the team and did their team proud, we was also proud in our attempts of the players and I told them at full time not to be disheartened with the result as they was brilliant.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 9th November 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 0 Stoke
Medunjanin (42'), Diame (84')

MOTM:
Mohamed Diame

Well we broke a curse! We finally beat Stoke after they love dumping us out of domestic cups. We was excellent and carried on our form and spirit from the Liverpool game which the players have to take all credit for, they have done me proud as a manager and the fighting spirit in the camp is unbelievable. Everybody wants to work for eachother in this team and has a great understanding.

Barclays Premier League
Tuesday 12th November 2013

Loftus Road

Q.P.R. 2 - 1 Wolves
Watt (85')

MOTM:
Chris McCann

A little disappointed with the result today but not the performance. We dominated in the game stats but we wasn't clinical enough. Stats don't win games and Q.P.R. was very precise today unfortunately for us and we didn't take anything home. We will not get too downheartened though as we start again next game.

English Premier League
Saturday 23rd November 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Reading
Medunjanin (18'), Estigarribia (70')

MOTM:
Mohamed Diame

That is why we do not get upset by previous results. Because we can bounce back instantly. A special mention today to the midfield who was in a fine display and they deserve a mention for running the game for us and winning a vital relegation clash which as I have previously stated are all six pointers. Diame received MOTM for a number of tackles and interceptions to break up play and win possession for us. He has proved to be an immense signing for us.

English Premier League
Saturday 30th November 2013

Emirates Stadium

Arsenal 1 - 0 Wolves

MOTM:
Kevin Foley

Well I am gutted, we nearly came away from the Emirates with a point for our excellent defending. We sat back and let Arsenal push all their players forward to try hit them on the counter and we almost achieved it until the last minute where Arteta managed to find a gap to slot it in. Overall we have had a very successful month and have been defensively stable.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 355064
Mohamed Diame
A rock infront of the back four and a vital player of our team.

League Table
View attachment 355065

I love a good Wolves save having done plenty myself. Keep playing Danny Batth, he will become an England international.

looking like the foundations of a great team, hopefully you'll get a "magical" regen to develop...