Molineux, a theatre of dreams - A Wolves Story.

TicTactition

Reaction score

Wolverhampton Wanderers

In modern times Wolves have just been relegated from the nPower Championship and are preparing for life in the nPower Championship with Kenny Jackett at the helm, I am going to start of with Wolves as I feel they belong in the Premiership and are an interesting club which has always fascinated me. This will be different to most of my previous saves as I am usually hopping clubs or trying to do challenges. I have an aim of a strict youth policy with rather than buying fully established stars I want to buy rough diamonds for low fees and turn them into world class players myself. When push comes to shove I may dip into my pocket but I will use good youth at my disposal.

Information about Wolves:

Founded: 1877 (Originally as St.Lukes)
Ground: Molineux, Wolverhampton (Capacity: 31,700)
Chairman: Steve Morgan

View attachment 352680
As you can see, the club is in a very healthy shape and just a matter of time before we can be back up there with the big boys.

View attachment 352681
Something I will looking to be expanding on very much so in the future as youth is key and for this nation to be successful we need more English players coming through at top teams and getting more regular time. This will be a large aim of mine.

View attachment 352682
33 Million in the black which we will always be looking to run on a profit. Business is part of football aswell as getting good players you have to be financially stable. We will be looking for cheap deals all of the time but if offers come in for players we can't refuse, we will take the money.

Key Players

View attachment 352683View attachment 352684View attachment 352685

Karl Henry - A fantastic presence in the dressing room and a fantastic captain which lives, bleeds and dies Wolves. He is a vital part of the team and the protector of the defence.

Jamie O'Hara - Jamie has undoubted quality and has shown it in the Premier League, he has been very unlucky with injuries and not been able to get the start he has wanted at Wolves.

Bakary Sako - Brought in from St.Etienne and was a regular starter in the Ligue One for them. He has bags of pace with the odd skill. He will be very effective in this league and a nightmare for some defences.

If there is anything else you would like me to note down, or you to see I will do my best. I have gone for a different layout to what I usually have on my previous stories. All criticism is welcome and I'll be back with Pre-season next.

View attachment 352690

Some of the team preparing for the start of the Pre-Season. We will need a good start in order to compete with the teams in this nPower Championship as we know any team can beat any other team.

Transfers

View attachment 352691

Harry Arter - At only 22, he was having successful games for Bournemouth in Pre-season and looked in very good shape, I will be using him sparingly to compete in the middle of midfield.

Steve Gohouri - The Ivorian hosts a wealth of experience and has played all over the world in countries such as Switzerland, Germany, Israel and England. He will be a good head to have in the team.

Simon Vukcevic - One of the marquee signings for us, we was in competition with Premier League teams Sunderland and Newcastle for his signature but we offered him a better contract overall and he accepted.

Asier Del Horno - This boy has played at the top levels in football and is still hosting quality. He has played most of his trade in Spanish Football which he will fit well in our style of play and should feel right at home.

Stepan Vachousek - Stepan also has played in the top leagues for all of his career across the middle of Europe in countries such as Czech Republic, Austria and France. He will be a brilliant addition to the side this year.

Tony Watt - One for the future of the club and will turn into a top player in the future I can guarantee that. At 3 million pounds with an extra million for Celtic if he makes an international appearance I'm sure we will have value for money over the years he plays for us.

Carlos Fierro - Another youngster for the future. Him and Tony are the players this team will be built on. We want young, hungry players looking for success and want to wear the Orange colours of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Pre-season Friendlies

Donegal Celtic 1 - 4 Wolves
Sako (24,48), Ebanks Blake (66), Vacouchek (88)

Coleraine2 - 2 Wolves
Margreitter (26), McAlinden (44)

Dungannon 1 - 1 Wolves
Batth (75)

AFC Telford 0 - 3 Wolves
Henry (22), Dell (55), Doumbia (69)

Airdrie1 - 3 Wolves
Doyle (39), Edwards (51), Vachousek (89)

View attachment 352706
Press Conference

Robert Swallow: As you are delving into your first real management job with Wolves, do you think you will handle the pressure of the league as it is known to throw up some surprises and mentally mess with managers?

Josh Garner: If I didn't think I had the capabilities of doing the job, I wouldn't have took it on.

Billy Kenwright: You have drawn alot of attention to yourself stating you will get Wolves promoted this year no matter what. What will you do if you don't hit the targets which you have publicly announced?

Josh Garner: You will see at the end of the season, we have a excellent ethos installed at Wolves and I see it as a long-project. I will get the club promoted whether it be as Champions or the Play-offs. I guarantee that.

David Little: There have already been echoes of concern that you have spent hefty fee's on two youngsters for the club which you will rely on this year for goals with no proven record. Surely the pressure will be on these two?

Josh Garner: Now you listen, I have spent the money which I think we need. Would you have rather me spent a lesser fee on a journeyman on his way down the leagues just to satisfy people? I have full belief in Carlos and Tony to have a successful first year and don't expect them to set the world on fire but they are both still teens and have plenty of time to develop. Thanks for your time gentleman but now I have a game to attend to and I'm sure we will speak again.

​End of press conference

August

View attachment 352717
'One is a team, the team is one'

Capital One Cup First Round
Tuesday 14th August 2012

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 2 Oxford
Watt (11',40',74'), Hammill (17')

MOTM:
Tony Watt

Well that is one way to silence his critics from the start. A first appearance for the lad in the colours of Wolves and he walks off with the matchball. It may have been against lower opposition but it is still a trio of goals which I am delighted with and we progress to the next round in very good shape.

Capital One Cup Second Round draw:
Coventry v Wolves

nPower Championship
Saturday 18th August 2012
The City Ground

Notts Forest 1 - 1 Wolves
Edwards (3')

MOTM:
Chris Cohen

We lost a victory due to conceding a penalty which is a kick in the teeth considering that we was so close to securing victory on the first day against a team who will be up there challenging for the title at the end of the season I'm sure. We put in a good performance and the players can be pleased of what they did out there.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 21st August 2012
Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0
Cardiff
Hunt (38')

MOTM: Karl Henry

This is better!! A deserved victory against another one of the heavyweights in this division. It may have only been a single goal but I would take 1-0 every week and boring football to see us promoted. A beautifully left-foot struck 30 yarder to win the game was excellent by Steven Hunt.

nPower Championship
Saturday 25th August 2012

Elland Road

Leeds 1 - 1 Wolves
Watt (33')

MOTM: Morgaro Gomis

Another two points dropped in my eyes. We conceded another penalty which the goal came from and it is shooting us in the foot. We would have had a perfect 100% record if we hadn't given away two silly penalties but it is better to learn from your mistakes early on rather than the end of the season. We will make sure we don't suffer from carelessness.

Captial One Cup Second Round
Tuesday 28th August 2012
The Ricoh Arena

Coventry 1 - 3 Wolves
Watt (16'), Hunt (26'), O.G (44')

MOTM:
Tony Watt

Well we progress again into the next round against a Coventry side who didn't just roll over against us, they gave us a run for their money. Tony Watt is in sensational scoring form recently and Carlos Fierro isn't getting a sniff as of yet which is unfortunate but his time will come, I assure him that.

Capital One Cup Third Round draw:
Wolves v West Brom

Late transfer news, Kevin Doyle joins West Bromwich Albion for a fee to be reported around 2.5m with additions of an extra 500,000 if he scores a number of goals for West Brom.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 352725
Tony Watt
Five goals in his opening five games is a brilliant return for the young man.

League Table
View attachment 352726

Last edited:
September

View attachment 352727
'Only on the dark days will you realise the feeling of the good ones'

View attachment 352728View attachment 352729
I am delighted to announce we will be upgrading the youth and training facilities. I am happy that the board have backed me on this as young players are the future of this country and I want to develop them right here.

nPower Championship
Saturday 1st September 2012

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Hull
Fierro (6'), Watt (85')

MOTM: Nick Proschwitz

Another narrow victory for us but we keep the early momentum rolling on. Both of the young guns on the scoresheet today in a impressive win against a strong Hull team boasting players of good quality. We looked more relaxed which was better though.

nPower Championship
Saturday 15th September 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 Crystal Palace
Hunt (79')

MOTM: Adam Hammill

Well I've never seen a game so one-sided in my lifetime. How the game finished up 1-0 I will never know. It seems yet another win by just a goal but we should have had five or six but we just didn't convert our chances. We still keep the assault up on the top spot which is important.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 18th September 2012

Oakwell

Barnsley 1 - 3 Wolves
Fierro (13'), Hunt (86') Vachousek (89')

MOTM: David Edwards

Well a more convincing victory today but took us until the last few minutes to win it. We don't half leave things late. Carlos managed to secure a place in the starting XI today and didn't fail to disappoint with a neat tidy finish in the first half.

nPower Championship
Saturday 22nd September 2012

Ewood Park

Blackburn 2 - 1 Wolves
Vachousek (17')

MOTM: Nuno Gomes

A goalkeeping mistake cost us the game today and the chance to go top. I feel angry with him and have let him know I am angry, he must concentrate and be alert at all times. If it happens again he will be finding himself a new club and I mean that.

Capital One Cup Third Round
Tuesday 25th September 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 West Brom
Berra (45')

MOTM: Jonas Olsson

Well that is one good feeling. Winning a derby match feels absolutely excellent and the crowd was absolutely excellent today and one of the main factors in which we won, we proceed to the fourth round and we keep the wheels turning in this competition.

Capital On Cup Fourth Round draw:
Swansea v Wolves

nPower Championship
Saturday 29th September 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 1 Derby
Hunt (78')

MOTM: Richard Keogh

Very disappointed today in the team, we was outclassed by Derby in the lower mist of the table and we need to be winning games like these to secure a table top spot. We know we have the quality to do so and can do it, we just need to keep the belief.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 352730
Stephen Hunt
Come up with some crucial goals this month for us.

League Table
View attachment 352731

October
View attachment 352732
'When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.'

nPower Championship
Tuesday 2nd October 2012

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 1 Peterborough
Watt (10', 91'), Fierro (68'), Sako (84')

MOTM: Tony Watt

A result which we needed. This will raise the confidence back up in the dressing room. We went two games without a win and cannot let it happen again, we are better than that and we must be dominant like today. The lads deserve all the plaudits for the performance today, but they must repeat it.

nPower Champions
Saturday 6th October 2012

Portman Road

Ipswich 3 - 1 Wolves
Fierro (18')

MOTM: Tommy Smith

Disgusted with the performance I have just seen out there, we couldn't even finish our Sunday dinner if we tried, we would still struggle. The amount of chances we let go to waste is beyond believable. I bet Ipswich are rubbing their hands with joy at how easy they was let off.

nPower Championship
Saturday 20th October 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 Blackpool
Fierro (87')

MOTM:
Ian Evett

A late winner for us. Better late than never but we are seeming to be sluggish recently in games and I am trying to iron it out as soon as possible. The youngster popped up with the goods for us again and we take the three points from promotion rivals Blackpool.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 23rd October 2012
Molineux

Wolves 1 - 1 Charlton
Hunt (80')

MOTM: Leon Cort

Just being a disgrace when it takes us up to the 80th minute to score in a game we dominated then to go concede in the 88th minute is pure idiotic. I have given the lads a good dressing down and they will all be fined a weeks wages to give back to the fans for poor performances.

nPower Championship
Friday 26th October 2012

King Power Stadium

Leicester 0 - 1 Wolves
Ebanks-Blake (82')

MOTM:
Zak Whitbread

I cannot moan with a win again but we are doing it scruffy, it is not the way I wan't us to play football in the long term. We are winning ugly yes but the performances are not beautiful. We just need to keep focused more than anything.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
Tuesday 30th October 2012

Liberty Stadium

Swansea 1 - 2
Wolves
Watt (43', 55'),
Watt sent off

MOTM:
Tony Watt

A mixed day really. We have done fantastically well to beat Swansea as they are a brilliant team but at the expense we suffered 3 injuries in the game to key players which could be deadly. Tony got a brace which is wonderful but got himself sent off so he cannot play the next game. We progress into the next round of the cup though lets go!!!

Capital One Cup Quarter Final draw:
Stoke v Wolves

Player of the month
View attachment 352735
Carlos Fierro
Been amongst the goals this month with some eye catching performances

League Table
View attachment 352736

November
View attachment 352795
'He who dares, wins.'

nPower Championship
Saturday 3rd November 2012
Reebok Stadium

Bolton 3 - 1 Wolves
Gohouri (74')

MOTM: Kevin Davies

Absolute shambles against Bolton who in no disrespect are lying lower table and not having a very good campaign so far. We just didn't seem to compete and rolled over to Bolton after things was not going our way, on another day they could have had more goals.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 6th November 2012

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 1 Bristol City
Watt (5'), Hamill (20', 75'), Edwards (46')

This is more a performance of worthy champions. We destroyed Bristol City today and should have had double figures. Youngster Adam Hammill takes the plaudits with a brace and two assists for himself today, I would like to see more of that from him now on.

nPower Championship
Saturday 10th November 2012
Molineux

Wolves 3 - 1 Millwall
Fierro (7'), Watt (32'), Ebanks-Blake (79')

Watt a signing he has proved to be so far. All the strikers today pleased me and registered a goal to keep me thinking who deserves to play all the time which is a healthy option to have. I hope to carry on our winning form as we have been much better recently.

nPower Championship
Saturday 17th November 2012

Hillsborough

Sheff Wed 1 - 3 Wolves
Watt (24'), Hammill (37'), Vukcevic (89')

MOTM: Simon Vukcevic

A good convincing win away at Sheffield Wednesday today, a difficult place to come and get something but today we returned home with all three points. The real performers of the squad are now starting to score goals which is excellent for us and couldn't happen at a better time.

nPower Championship
Saturday 24th November 2012

Turf Moor

Burnley 1 - 1 Wolves
Hunt (56')

Not a win, but a good allround performance which I am happy with and will accept. A point away from home isn't the end of the world at any means and Burnley are no mugs, we just hope to build on it next game and come away with a victory.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 27th November 2012

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 1 Watford
Watt (6', 27', 34'), Foley (78')

Watt a way to finish the month!! He has surpassed his target which we both set when he came in from Celtic in the summer. We both said that we would be happy if he managed to reach 15 goals in his first season with us but already has 15! He also adds the second matchball of the season to his collection. I'm sure that will only grow.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 352796
Simon Vukcevic
The Montenegro international has been on hot form this month

League Table
View attachment 352797

December
View attachment 352803
'I hated every minute of training but I said suffer now, live the rest of your life as a champion'
Muhammad Ali.

nPower Championship
Saturday 1st December 2012

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 0 Birmingham
Doumbia (7'), Sako (11', 34'), Fierro (58')

MOTM: Bakary Sako

Well we had a number of players who could of claimed Man of the match today. A excellent team performance where everybody was winners of individual battles. The scoreline reflects the dominance of the game aswell. We was brilliant today.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Tuesday 4th December 2012

Britannia Stadium

Stoke 4 - 1 Wolves (AET)
Watt (11')

MOTM: Jonathan Walters

We did well to hold Stoke till full time but then we went for the win in extra-time but Stoke had the extra cutting edge over us and made it count when it needed to. We can hopefully go further in the F.A. Cup.

nPower Championship
Saturday 8th December 2012

The Riverside Stadium

Middlesborough 2 - 1 Wolves
Watt (18')

MOTM: Justin Hoyte

Not a good day today, we didn't create enough chances and wouldn't of scored in a month of Sundays if it was not for Watt's individual goal. We need to put the Stoke result behind us as it is only a cup, our main aim is promotion.

nPower Championship
Friday 14th December 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 Brighton
Berra (81')

MOTM: Christophe Berra

A narrow win which in the last ten minutes we nicked it. A win is a win and we will take it. We also kept a clean sheet which is very pleasing for us. We are about to approach the transfer window and are looking to improve the team.

nPower Championship
Wednesday 19th December 2012

John Smiths Stadium

Huddersfield 1 - 5 Wolves
Watt (5', 8', 74'), Vukcevic (35'), Berra (86')

Watt played his heart out yet again and gained his third hat-trick of the season. This is our biggest win of the season and a good performance which we just need to stop the losses then we will stretch away from alot of teams. We must focus and be mentally ready.

nPower Championship
Sunday 23rd December 2012

Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff 1 - 1 Wolves
Fierro (11')

MOTM: John Pantsil

A good point away at Cardiff who have the best defence in the league. If we get a draw away from home and win at home I will be pleased with that. We are growing in playing ability and the younger lads are coming into form.

nPower Championship
Wednesday 26th December 2012

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Notts Forest
Watt (55', 89')

Well we left it last minute but the Scottish prodigy popped up with a brace and almost another matchball for him and his collection. The 89th minute winner saw Molineux erupted like a volcano. We keep a steady momentum heading into the last match of the month.

nPower Championship
Saturday 29th December 2012

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 0 Leeds
Hammill

MOTM: Tom Lees

A good way to end the calender year and sign off in style before the transfer window is opening and we can strengthen our team where we need to to try and establish our goal of promotion.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 352827
Tony Watt
On fire yet another month an is hot property

League Table
View attachment 352828

Tony Watt seems to be doing incredible for you. Shame he plays for Celtic, has a lot of potential.

Promotion is looking likely, keep it up!

Tony Watt seems to be doing incredible for you. Shame he plays for Celtic, has a lot of potential.

Promotion is looking likely, keep it up!

I know mate, I was hoping for him and Fierro to both end up on around 10/15 goals each at the end of the season but it's been incredible. Will do January later!!

January
View attachment 352869

We have agreed deals for three players to come in for the summer on pre-contracts which we feel capable of announcing now as they was signed for whatever division we are in next year but I believe that they could make the step to the Premiership and are an improvement on the squad.

View attachment 352892View attachment 352893View attachment 352894

Rodrigo Battaglia - Tough tackling midfielder at only the age of 21 has plenty of time to develop but already is an impressive talent.

Marcelo Estigarribia - I think we have done fantastically to get this guy after the likes of Sporting Lisbon, Valencia and Lille was tracking him.

Oscar Utari - Capped international for Argentina and a fantastic goalkeeper to improve our squad.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 1st January 2013

KC Stadium

Hull 1 - 2 Wolves

Fierro (7', 41')

MOTM: Carlos Fierro

The best way to restart the nPower campaign. A hard fought victory against Hull who was a tough test for us. We are currently looking at players which can add extra quality to our team. Due to good finances we have been allocated an excellently large budget but will only be spent if we can find the right players

FA Cup Third Round
Saturday 5th January 2013

St.James Park

Exeter 0 - 3 Wolves

Vachousek (38'), Batth (61'), Hunt (73')

MOTM: Danny Batth

A victory as expected against League Two Exeter. We progress into the fourth round and await a draw against the next team. I hope we can do well in this competition as it is a historic cup and means alot to so many people

English FA Cup Fourth Round draw:

Wolves v Tranmere

nPower Championship
Saturday 12th January 2013

Molineux

Wolves 1 - 3 Barnsley
Vukcevic (57')

MOTM: Scott Golbourne

We didn't turn up against one of the weakest teams in the league. It shows that if you are not focused you will be punished and that's what happened to us today from carelessness from players. I am still currently looking at targets to bring into the team.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 15th January 2013

Molineux

Wolves
2 - 1 Blackburn
Berra (21'), Batth (81')

MOTM: Christophe Berra

Well this was a top of the table promotion clash and a massive six pointer!!! We managed to take the spoils through two set pieces which both centre-backs popped up with the goods for us. This is a fantastic result for us.

nPower Championship
Saturday 19th January 2013

Selhurst Park

Crystal Palace 2 - 3 Wolves
Sako (6',90+2'), Hammill (75')
MOTM: Bakary Sako

We pulled back from a two goal deficit to claw back a victory away from home against Crystal Palace. We wasn't at our best but neither was they, we fought till the end though and got our reward from it by scoring the winner on the last kick of the game. That is why it is the beautiful game.

FA Cup Fourth Round
Saturday 26th January 2013

Molineux

Wolves 3 - 0 Tranmere
Vukcevic (10'), Watt (18'), Hunt (48')

A comfortable win and a few fringe players got a game which they could prove themselves against a lower team. We didn't disappoint and head into the Fifth round of the FA Cup and keep a good cup run going. Onwards and upwards.

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw:
Wolves v Crewe/Sheff Utd

Player Of The Month
View attachment 352888
Danny Batth
The 22 year old has been solid at the heart of the defence

League Table
View attachment 352890

Last edited:
Well done with that Crystal Palace result! Could have gone the other way but the FM Gods were by your side!

Some nice signings there. I see the keeper being really eccentric, that winger however, he looks incredible - Especially on a free!

Good luck, really looking forward to seeing how this season comes to a close and how you do in the Premier League - if you make it ;).

Well done with that Crystal Palace result! Could have gone the other way but the FM Gods were by your side!

Some nice signings there. I see the keeper being really eccentric, that winger however, he looks incredible - Especially on a free!

Good luck, really looking forward to seeing how this season comes to a close and how you do in the Premier League - if you make it ;).

I hope so, I thought I recognised Estigarriba from fifa and knew he was class. Scouts say four and half stars with five potential.

February
View attachment 352896
We win as a team, we lose as a team

nPower Championship
Saturday 2nd February 2013

London Road

Peterborough 0 - 0 Wolves

MOTM: Craig Alcock

Well we spurned our chances today against the lowest team in the division. We managed to miss a penalty and have a goal disallowed to add to our troubles. These are the kind of matches which we need to be winning by three or four goals.

nPower Championship
Saturday 9th February 2013

Molineux

Wolves 2 - 1 Ipswich
Hunt (3'), Watt (84')

MOTM: Danny Batth

Another one of our promotion rivals we come up against today and we managed to salvage the three points after a late winner from Watt. We have been consistent up until now but it's not over till the fat lady sings.

English FA Cup Fifth Round
Saturday 16th February 2013

Molineux

Wolves 4 - 2 Sheff Utd
Fierro (12'), Hammill (27'), Vukcevic (47'), Hunt (69')

MOTM: Carlos Fierro

We are through to the next round is what we wanted before the tie and we scored a good few goals. The only concern I had was Sheffield United scored the only shots they put on target and we had atleast 20 shots on goal. Less of the moaning as we are through and can look forward to who we get in the next round.

English FA Cup Quarter Final Draw:
Swindon/Stoke v Wolves

nPower Championship
Tuesday 19th February 2013

Pride Park

Derby 1 - 3 Wolves
Vukcevic (50'), Watt (70', 90+2)

Derby are in the depths of the division and I am currently in negotiations with one of their players and they would be available for a knockdown fee should they be relegated. We was brilliant and deserved the three points today.

nPower Championship
Tuesday 26th February 2013

Bloomfield Road

Blackpool 1 - 1 Wolves
Hunt (48'), Henry sent off

MOTM: Stephen Crainey

After Karl Henry got sent off it sent us into dispair. We had not a single midfielder on the bench and we had to change tactically. Still we didn't let Blackpool take the three points and it took them a wondergoal to equalise.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 353003
Simon Vukcevic
Pulling the strings in midfield for us.

League Table
View attachment 353004