Monney !

I think its disgusting how footballers in a week can earn what most workers earn in a year. What's disgusting is that they play 90 mins a week, and like 4 days of training, and yet there are troops in Afghan and Iraq fighting for our country and there getting such low pay for it. I say we swap the salaries round.

Everyone has got good points, but a yes or no question, is it deserved?

I think its disgusting how footballers in a week can earn what most workers earn in a year. What's disgusting is that they play 90 mins a week, and like 4 days of training, and yet there are troops in Afghan and Iraq fighting for our country and there getting such low pay for it. I say we swap the salaries round.

If only mate !

That is an ignorant and hypocritical comment. Ok i don't you and you may not support barca or man utd... But as a football fan you definitely appreciate and happily say how good the cristianos do, yet here you say its disgusting ??... Mate BLAME the government not the footballers or owners... its the government who pays them and im sure they are richer than owners of these clubs !

clearly they are paid too much and a limit on the amount of wages is something that definetly should be thought about

Of course it isn't but the only way to stop it is to resort to communism theoretically

Well ******' said!!

That is an ignorant and hypocritical comment. Ok i don't you and you may not support barca or man utd... But as a football fan you definitely appreciate and happily say how good the cristianos do, yet here you say its disgusting ??... Mate BLAME the government not the footballers or owners... its the government who pays them and im sure they are richer than owners of these clubs !

Did i blame the footballers?, obviously anyone would accept £200,000 a week for such low effort job, I know its the government, but what can they do about it, recession is what UK is in.... P.S you tell me the amount of deaths from Football compared to the war, not just this war, all wars in general. Thanks

The government makes money through taxes only, the government is currently sitting on a HUGE debt and the government has to pay for domestic necessities such as healthcare, education, pensions, councils and the many many other things that the leaders of a country has to take care of and would be completely lambasted if they did not. The government cannot and will never be able to spend £40,000 a week on 1 soldiers wages.
And the ethics of that too, imagine all the anti-war complaints there would be over that decision, it'd be massive.

if the club can afford it why not? At the end of the day people will pay the prices to see the players play so if u hate it so much boycott football totally? But yes they are paied too much in my opinion.

Did i blame the footballers?, obviously anyone would accept £200,000 a week for such low effort job, I know its the government, but what can they do about it, recession is what UK is in.... P.S you tell me the amount of deaths from Football compared to the war, not just this war, all wars in general. Thanks

Ok lol what do you expect the owners to do ? If the government them selves are in a recession what do you think the owners are in ? And that can be questioned because although my personal view is it was right to invade Iraq, wars in general are something humans have developed there shouldn't even be soldiers !

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Infact if anything they are helping, part of the problem was that people were keeping their money to them selves and spending soo when owners spend big money it puts money back in circulation !

if i was ferguson and rooney wanted that much i would have shown him the door

no one is worth that an lets be honest rooneys been wank this season
:mad:

Why because he has only scored 3 goals, what about the effort he puts in and his team contribution?

As far as I concerned players money should be capped, it is way over the top, that is why gate prices have gone up, I can remember paying under a fiver to stand in the Stretford End, it was supposed to be a place where the working class men went at a weekend, now it is all sponsors and luxury boxes where prawn sandwiches are ate.

Ok lol what do you expect the owners to do ? If the government them selves are in a recession what do you think the owners are in ? And that can be questioned because although my personal view is it was right to invade Iraq, wars in general are something humans have developed there shouldn't even be soldiers !

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Infact if anything they are helping, part of the problem was that people were keeping their money to them selves and spending soo when owners spend big money it puts money back in circulation !

If there was no such things as soldiers, Hitler would have controlled England, England would have been nothing if it wasn't for our hero's. The whole world would be speaking F*cking German.

With the amount of money footballers earn for their clubs, why shouldn't they get a fair piece of the pie? They are not just kicking a bal around a pitch, they are entertaining millions of people around the world. Look at the top movie stars, bruce willis will claim over 20m a movie!! 20m for a few months work, is that justified? Whats he do apart from remember a few lines and repeat them infront of a camera?

Yes but the clubs who splash these wages can afford it. Meanwhile, down in League 1, "struggling" Plymouth Argyle only have a 30% chance of being around come March- All this because we chucked a load of money, at players who were simply awful- Still money which many members of this forum team, would find tiny.

So yes, they do get payed alot, but be thankful your clubs can afford it- And in most cases, produce the performances.

If there was no such things as soldiers, Hitler would have controlled England, England would have been nothing if it wasn't for our hero's. The whole world would be speaking F*cking German.

I never said thats not true but im saying if their was no conflict people like hitler probz wouldn't exsist.. but this is real life lol soo

The amount of money we pay Sportsman, Rockstars, Movie Stars etc is a damning indictment on humanity.

They should all be paid at max £5000 per week which is still a great wage compared to what most of us earn. We are to busy rewarding those who entertain us than those who really deserve fame and fortune (Doctors, Nurses, Surgens, Policemen, Paramedics, Firemen, Teachers, Scientists, Inventors, Soldiers etc) are ignored.

Humanity is rather stupid isn't it!

Last edited:
No, we're watching it right? and the tv-money help to pay their wages.

but their wages are ridicolous,