Most Promising Youth(s) At Your Club

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 6K
Lower down in the rep stakes Villa also have Andreas Weimann, an exciting striker, and Gary Gardner, Craig Gardner's younger, far more talented brother. Also, over the past two days we've captured an interesting couple of prospects - the fabulously named Juan José Serrano de la Cruz (try putting that in a chant), a midfielder in the Fabregas mould, and a hardman Irish midfielder by the name of Michael Drennan.

That's me done. Have a yak about your golden boys.
Stop lying, you just think craig is bad because he didnt want to play well for you

Stop lying, you just think craig is bad because he didnt want to play well for you

Mate, look. I like Craig Gardner. I really do, and I was sad that he left us because he's a quality player. But honestly, and looking at it subjectively, Gary Gardner is a great talent. He's played throughout the England youth setups, alongside Jack Wilshere and not looking out of his depth. There's rumours he's wanted by Inter and Benitez, if you want any indication of how good he is.

Same here mate i follow Chelsea's reserves, U18s and the acadamy quite alot. At the moment there are quite a few great prospects coming out of Chelsea and we won the youth FA Cup last season. I will post a few names that have already had some first team experience and look like they could possibly make it.
  • Gael Kakuta - Well known for other reasons but has had 1 League appearence and 1 Champions League appearence. Also won the Golden player award at the U-19 European Championships.
  • Patrick Van Aanholt - 2 league apprences for the first team so far and highly rated loan spells with Newcastle and Coventry. A left back who can also play at centre back he is part of the Dutch U21s.
  • Fabio Borini - Italian Striker who has featured 4 times for the first team, someone who i think may struggle more than others mentioned to make it at Chelsea but definatly has alot of talent.
  • Josh McEarchran - Well known 17 year old and made a few appearences for the first team in pre-season and held his own brilliantly. Kind of a Joe Cole mold player very tricky quick feet with an eye for a pass, definatly someone to look out for.
  • Gokhan Torre - A German born Turk joined Chelsea from Leverkusen. He is a winger with 2 good feet and very tricky indeed.
  • Conor Clifford - Captioned the U21s last season to FA Youth cup glory even scoring the winner with a long range strike. He is well known for his long range strikes and long cross field passes, the young Irish lad is definatly someone to look out for in the future.
  • Phillip Prosenik - He is a young Austrian striker who i have seen quite a bit of this season so far in the youth team and he definatly knows were the goal is. Scores all types of goals and is pretty nifty with his head.
  • Jeffrey Bruma - I thought i would leave the best till last, only 18 and already won his first Dutch cap this lad in my opinion will definatly make it at Chelsea. Has already made 6 appearences and has just signed a new contract until 2014. This lad is massive and already is so confident on the ball, i expect big things from Bruma and hope to see him more this season. Chelsea fans love him already all believe they see great things in this lad and for Holland to already give him a shot that must say something.

Hmm,

Hal Robson Kanu
Jake Taylor
Alex Pearce (dubbed the next John Terry)
Simon Locke

And a few more..

Cardiff City, we've sold our best name players to survive but since to new investment, it's not needed no more. I think Adam Matthews could turn out to be a great LB/RB because of his quality, man utd and arsenal wanted him last year

Paul Slane, Milan Misun and Fraser Forster all look decent prospects for Celtic.

As a Spurs fan I can happily say that our youth setup at the moment is mind boggling, with the development of new facilities we're obviously going out of our way to get talented players through already, to develop the legacy of our club!

Harry Kane - CF - Scoring for fun at the moment for the academy, and recently received his first cap for the England's under 17s. One for the future.

Kudus Oyenuga SS - Atheletic forward who has a few tricks under his belt, again a staple of the England youth setup.

Dean Parrett AMC - Bought a few seasons ago, and rated as one of the most exciting prospects. Progressing fine, but should really be looking to break the mould soon.

John Bostock AMC - Famous for 'attitude issues' and scoring from 40 yards for fun. Don't blame him really for going from Crystal Palace to Brentford. Should progress better this season at Hull.

Ryan Mason AMC/R/L - Mason had a great spell on loan last season, and is really looking a player. Forward thinking midfielder who holds the ball well enough also chipping in with goals and assists.

Adam Smith RB - Flying right back, similar to Hutton in a lot of respects. Lacks a little defensive nous, but again has plenty of time to develop. Not afraid to get forward either! Impressed in last season's cup runs and friendlies.

Steven Caulker CB - Touted as something very special from people within the club. Smart centre back, with all the attributes needed for enforcing.

Andros Townsend LM/RM - Flying winger, who finds the ball and sticks it to his foot, reminds me alot of Martin Petrov in some respects, (albeit without the goal threat), looked like he might make the first team this season with his pre-season performance, but is now out on loan. Definitely will impact the first team if we see Bale moving to more of a LB staple.

Danny Rose LM - Similar to Andros, but lacking the bite. Andros seems to have a slightly better footballing brain, but Rose definitely has a load of potential to keep him worried.

Jake Livermore CM - Harry rates Jake highly and so do I! Check out the last goal [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KJDpJCr5w"]here[/ame] to see an assist he put past the whole of Fiorentina's team to set up the winning goal in our preseason. Great footballing brain, and furthermore engineroom. Will impact like Huddlestone, but with his dynamism rather than passing accuracy.

David Button GK - Another loan success, young keeper looking to push into the reckoning. Could certainly do that if he continues his successes.

Kyle Walker & Kyle Naughton CB/RB & RB/LB - Boht players taken from Sheffield United look like players. Walker more traditionally looks at home at right back, and will develop with strength into a good CB cover too. Naughton is similar to Bale in the fact that he looks fine at RB and RM. A bit too slight at the moment, but certainly is offering Hutton competition at the right back spot behind Corluka and Kaboul.

The mind literally boggles. The best part is that we seem to loan them all out every season, which benefits them from having actual jeapordy to their results, as well as allowing us the fans to track their development.

I honestly think in the next few years these will be some of the most exciting English players around!.

oh and beyond that Modric, Sandro, and Bale are all under 25 :|

The future is bright, the future is lilywhite. :|

Charlie Reece
Ben Swallow
Charlie Clough
Harry Pell
Wayne Brown is a first teamer but definitely one to look out for !

Paul Slane, Milan Misun and Fraser Forster all look decent prospects for Celtic.
Also James Foster [Don't know his second name], Greig Spence and Filip Twardzik look like talented prospects ;)

Parrett, Bostock, Kane, some players that really can become classy in a short of time.
Airey, Vuckic, Inman, same state as above.

There was a similar thread not too long ago.

You will all probably be aware of Wilson (bought from Rangers) and Shelvey (bought from Charlton), Pacheco and Kelly. Those four are the ones who should be pushing hard for a place in the matchday squad and game time this season. Ayala and Eccleston also look like they could make it at the top level.

Longer term, Coady and Wisdom, Ngoo and Suso all look capable of becoming first team regulars if they steer clear of major injuries and apply themselves.

Last edited:
Adam matthews, Nat Jarvis and Aron Wildig,plus theres probably more coming up considering cardiff have produced the likes of ramsey, collins and gunter

Also James Foster [Don't know his second name], Greig Spence and Filip Twardzik look like talented prospects ;)

And how could we forget James Forrest? Already a first-teamer, and looking far better than many of the more experienced players. Also scored against St Mirren.

I don't like post 9 :'(

Fiorentina have an amazing youth system , too bad we are a selling club :(

Rafael and Fabio- Excellent players. Rafael has proved with first team whereas Fabio has not. But considering their potential Fullback spot is fixed for years to come.

Cleverly- Now with Wigan but this little players impressed me everytime i have watched him play.

Welbeck- Excellent dribbling skills with superb touch. Had good start with Sunderland and i expect him to be Key player for us.

Macheda- Excellent finisher. Fox in the box. Love the way he takes his opportunities.

Matt James- He is one player who rarely has average games. Super deep lying/ Box to Box player, was too good for reserves at teen age and loaned to PNE where he excelled last season and continuing the trend this season. Have really high hopes on him. Very good passer and excellent shot/

King- Eto'o is the one with whom I compare him in style. Fast as **** and at very young age he impressed a lot in very few games he played for PNE. If he can stay fit, he will develop into top player.

Corry Evans- Very underrated even by many Mancs. Keeps it very simple, recently scored for National team too.

Will Keane- Enough said. Excellent for academy, hope he continues that.

Pogba- Beast of a player. Unlucky that he is injured now. Le Harve fought against the transfer, they have every right to considering his potential.

Petrucci- Saw very few games, Injured for long time now. Hope he stays injury free, Excellent passer

Ravel Morrison- Our Balotelli, stinking attitude, very good potential.

Eikrem- Came long way. Now developed physical side, excellent set piece taker and passer. Very good technically. Just love watching him.

I know its a long list, few will play for us, few will be stars for other teams, but nonetheless they will be excellent players.

Last edited:
Back