Mourinho: FIFA award was fixed

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Jose Mourinho says he did not attend January's Ballon d'Or ceremony as the vote had been fixed to allow Spain manager Vicente Del Bosque win the 2012 Coach of the Year award.

At the time, although one of the three nominees for the award, Mourinho said he did not travel to Zurich as he was preparing for his club's Copa del Rey second leg against Celta Vigo, which Madrid won 4-0 two days later. Spanish paper AS then published photos of the Portuguese watching his son's team play at the same time as the awards were being handed out.

Mourinho said in an interview with Portuguese TV station RTP aired on Tuesday night that his real reason for staying away from the FIFA ceremony was that he had been told by a number of people that their votes for him had been changed - presumably in favour of Del Bosque.

"One, two or three people called me to tell me they had voted for me, but another person's name had appeared in their votes," Mourinho said. "[So] I decided not to go. I am accusing FIFA of irregularities in the choice of the best coach in the world. There was a lack of transparency. FIFA knows about these irregularities, it knows they existed, and it did not avoid them."

Del Bosque won the 2012 award with 34.51% of the 505 votes cast by international managers, players and journalists, ahead of 20.49% for Mourinho, and 12.91% for former Barcelona and future Bayern Munich coach Josep Guardiola. RTP reportedly checked the accusation of irregularities with FIFA, and the governing body maintained the vote had been above aboard.

In a statement, it said: "FIFA confirms that the list of votes published on FIFA.com is accurate."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1381794/jose-mourinho:-fifa-coach-of-year-award-was-fixed?cc=4716

During the time of the awards there were rumors that players who voted for Ronaldo was changed to Messi. It didn't gather any pace. Now Jose said it and recently Pandev said he voted for Jose but his vote was changed to Del Bosque.

Also,
Tancredi Palmeri

A possible huge twist in the Pandev-Fifa case:here a comparison between his signature(left)and the one under his vote
BF97yvqCMAAbMOl.jpg:large

So: if that fax Fifa showed is true,and if the signatures are different,have the Macedonia FA faked the vote? And if yes, why? Who asked?

If true, really pathetic. Changing votes to elect winner.

It would be no surprise for Fifa to rig things thats for sure, not the first and wont be the last time it will happen.

Lawl. Mourinho starting a conspiracy rumours the moment it looks like Real might be competing with Barca in Champions League. How predictable. Oddly enough, his old players from various clubs are the ones spreading the accusations.

Nobody is falling for that trick twice, sorry Jose.

Winning La Liga or winning Euro 2012 hmmm which one is a bigger accolade I wonder...

Winning La Liga or winning Euro 2012 hmmm which one is a bigger accolade I wonder...

Some may say winning the Champions League and FA Cup double with a side in a bad way is better than winning Euro 2012 as massive favourites?

It's not always about just winning but the wayy in which something is won.

Maybe so, but surely its the winning that matters? What Robbie done with Chelsea was beyond belief.

You mean he stood at the bench praying to Jesus for 120 minutes? Pretty sure i can do that.

Maybe so, but surely its the winning that matters? What Robbie done with Chelsea was beyond belief.

Bayern and Barca couldn't hit a barn door against Chelsea. Should have lost badly to both, still can't believe Chelsea won it lol

If I remember rightly, Spain weren't actually that impressive until the final of the Euros.

Final was a bit of a one sided mess, Spain did well to go two up but Italy just got destroyed by injuries and just gave up playing with 25 minutes to go.

This is not about who deserved it, this is about how FIFA changed the votes.

Everyone knows that FIFA have been accused and proved corrupt in the past, but personally I couldn't care less who wins which award. Players and managers are remembered for the trophies that they win and their abilities and leadership, not the personal accolades that they achieve.

Pandev:

“I don’t want to leave an official statement right now, because tonight we have an important game against Belgium,” Pandev told Calciomercato.com. “I can only say that on that fax it is not my signature. Mourinho is my preferred candidate, everyone knows it.”

Yeah because football is that easy......... Agenda maybe?

Yep , agenda - you had multimilion dolar squad that got completely humiliated, but parked the bus and lucked out. Its not exactly tactical masterpiece that deserves any praise.

They didn't. Its all Jose shenanigans, us-against-the world all over again, creating the underdog atmosphere in the dressing room to motivate the lazy superstars who already won everything. Vote is in January and he only brings it up now? Please.

They didn't. Its all Jose shenanigans, us-against-the world all over again, creating the underdog atmosphere in the dressing room to motivate the lazy superstars who already won everything. Vote is in January and he only brings it up now? Please.

At the time there were few rumors on twitter that players votes were changed.

Pandev even said it was not his signature that FIFA posted.

Us vs world? Meh. This isn't that.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/fifa-refute-irregularities-in-ballon-dor-voting/

Jan 14th article.

Last edited: