Hbg

Reaction score
Saving Parma F.C
View attachment 277865

Parma F.C is an Italian professional football club based in the city Parma. Founded back in 1913 the club has a rich history, and infact still plays on Stadio Ennio Tardini that was built in 1923. Parma had a glory period in 90's and first years of 00's. However Parma in more recent time are more known for their financial problems. In fact Parma was declared bankrupt March 19th 2015.

Being a supporter of Juventus and Italian football in general. I hope Parma survives their troubles, and doesn't add to the list of loved football teams brokendown because of financial issues. I might not be able to help much with the real issue. But I can use the clubs situation to inspire my new savegame in Football Manager 2015.

Setup information
DatabaseNewest Offical + LFCMarshall's FM Transfer Update
SizeLarge
AdvancedCurrent International Players: Africa, Europe, South America
LeaguesBPL, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA, Ligue 1 and Serie A+B.
  • I'm using Euro as the currency, and wages are shown annually.
  • I'm using the recommended badges for my manager. Full manager profile here.
Rules
  • The financial health of the club must be sustainable
  • The club will be run like a business. Short everyone has an acceptable price tag.
  • Develop and maintain a healthy pool of Italian players
  • Develop and use the Academy too create future players
Long-term: Save Goals
  • Return Parma to it's former 90's glory
  • Win the Serie A
  • Win the Coppa Italia
  • Win the Champions League
  • Win a treble
  • Defend the Scudetto (Serie A title)
  • Defend a Champions League title
  • Build a new Stadium
  • Have a player win the World Cup
  • Have a player receive the Ballon D'or
Note: This is my first Manager Story on English, and it's a secondary language so expect errors in grammar.

Last edited:
Budgets and Goals for the season: 2014/15

Transfer Budget3,999,999
Wage Budget22,442,450 pa
Current Wages
€22,183,250 pa
Free Wages259,200 pa

Simply as expected the budget given was rather weak. Although there is an acceptable sum for transfers the free wages does not reflect the player we could capture with our transfer funds. But a help is that wages can be cut from inside the team, or helped by sales. Something I will be spending my time on too grind potential
funds.

The board believes in a mid-table finish, but to achieve that we will need a good season. I find this goal too be ambitious considering my squad. Maybe I'm being harsh but 1 thing's for sure. There will be changes during the summer window.

Last edited:
Summer 2014/15 Transfers
View attachment 277554

The summer window is an exciting time full of dreams and wonder. However for Parma F.C and their followers the transfer window was more about maintaining their key players, getting rid of deadweight, and hopefully finding a steal or two!

Players Out
Cristian RodriguezAtletico MadridLoan Terminated
Abdelkader GhezzalVarese400,000
Carlos GarciaMalmo€220,000
Ronaldo VaninBotafogo€100,000
Zouhair FeddalSpeziaSeason Loan
11 PlayersFree TransfersFree
I deiced too let Cristian Rodriguez travel back to Atletico Madrid early to cover the salary off a incoming permanent deal. Ghezzal was in my eyes the weakest striker in the squad, and the others where simply just about cutting deadweight.

Players In
Vajebah SakorJuventusSeason Loan
Angelo OgbonnaJuventus€2,400,000
Free TransferFree
Rather happy with these transfers. Sakor is a young talented midfielder that will help us give cover during a full season. Ogbonna is a great capture for us! Ogbonna is one of the better Italian defenders, and will be a key in building a new defence for Parma having both Lucarelli (37), and Massimo Gobbi (33) facing retirement ages.

Jô is an interesting player for sure. His goalscoring record isn't impressive but when the teams best striker is Ishak Belfodil you simply have too bring in some competition. And maybe Serie A could see Jô return too his promising CSKA Moscow days.

Full Squad and Tactic Overview
Note all players have link to their ingame screenshot

View attachment 277530
Goalkeepers:
1. Antonio Mirante
22. Alessandro Lacobucci
Rating: 7/10

We have a solid first team goalie in Antonio Mirante. He has routine and is well balanced his main issue is communicating his defense. But the truth is there are rather few goalies on other teams we would rather have. Lacobucci is not a Serie A proven goalie at all, but his technical abilities are overall good. But lets hope Mirante stay fit for the season.

Defenders:
2. Mattia Cassani
3. Angelo Ogbonna
4. Pedro Mendes
5. Andi Lila
6. Alessandro Lucarelli
15. Andrea Costa
18. Massimo Gobbi
27. Fabiano Santacroce
Rating: 6.5/10

With the new addition of Angelo Ogbonna this defence went from "We have too work with what we have" too "This defence could be reliabe". We had the experience and routine here but that didn't cover the fact it's a slow and weak with the ball defense. The new man Ogbonna does helps improve both of these fields, and frees Andrea Costa too compete more on the leftback.

Midfielders:
7. Jonathan Biabiany
8. Atonio Nocerino
9. Vajebah Sakor
14. Daniele Galloppa
17. Raffaele Palladino
21. Francesco Lodi
24. Vicente
26. Silvestre Varela
31. McDonald Mariga
80. Cristobal Jorquera
Rating: 7/10

There's plenty of talent here. Some players like Nocerino might be looked as weaker than players like De Rossi and Marchisio but if you don't have them. And you don't have world class youths the second best probably are players like Nocerino. Simply a bit of everything with plenty of routine. With him we have another loane Lodi as the second best central midfielder. Sadly his strongest ability is set-pieces. But he also has the best passing game, so his weaknesses we just have too deal with. At the wings we have talented players like Varela and Biabiany both very solid players, and might just be the key players for the season. Palladino is a solid player enough to play until Biabiany fully returns in February.

Strikers:
10. Ishak Belfodil
11. Jô
47. Marcus Thuram
88. Massimo Coda
Rating: 6.5/10

Much room for improvement here! Jô could be a class player, but realistically the odds are not the greatest. Belfodil is the younger man here but his record for scoring is terrible. Hopefully will the competiton from Jô spur him on too up his game. Marcus Thuram the son of the legend Lilian Thuram looks great, and with Biabiany out for half the season the youngster is set too help us cover. Massimo Coda remained in the team over now former Parma player: Ghezzal because Coda is Italian.

Overall I scored this team with a 6,75 rating. For me that means we should be clear from relegation, and able to challenge the lower mid-table places. A solid season infused with energy from the return of Biabiany in February could be what we need too jump start Parma into the better mid-table places. Note that Media-preview placed us at 100-1 at table position 17th. We share the score with 16th placed Hellas Verona. That means just above the relegation drop.

As you can see we will be playing a 4-3-2-1 style with 2 hard working box-to-box players and a bit free playmaker in the middle of these players. The backs we have are much better defensive than offensive. Therefore playing with offensive wingers makes sense to allow pressure, and the backs to sit more around their respective flanks on the midfield in attacks. Ogbonna will be the central defender playing with the ball. While captain Lucarelli will mainly do heavy defense duty. The way we play our striker is not needed too hit that famous 20 goals per season mark. Due to great Inside Forwards like Silvestre Varlera and later Biabiany doing overlaps from their wing being a constant danger, and a with routine crosser like Palladino on the other side we still have good potenial to use Jô aerial abilites. As a team this tactic focus on using the 3 central midfield players to work hard and be the engine of this team. With the wide players being good players to offload the ball too when facing high pressure. When it comes to a playstyle this team can both sit with the ball, and play counter attacks. Key will however be too make sure they all coordinate and play good defense! Our starting eleven is quite solid, and with the return of Jonathan Biabiany in February this team might just place in the middle of the table.

Last edited:
Serie A - Matchday 1: Parma vs Palermo

Parma 2-1 Palermo
Ennio Tardini
View attachment 277427

The date is August 31th and the Italian top flight is finally underway for Parma, and they start with a home fixture versus the Sicilian based club Palermo. A historically even matchup however lately triumphed by Parma. Having won 4 of the last 5 encounters in the Serie A. However Palermo now boast the young talents Paulo Dybala, Andrea Belotti and Trezeguet all players capable aiding the Rosanero too victory.

Despite the visitors Palermo created more shoots than Parma they where not effective shoots. Parma created two clear cut chances and scored on both, and had a 2-0 lead after 29 minutes of play. This thanks to debutante who in the 24th minute tapped in a lose ball in the Palermo penalty are after a freekick from Fransceso Lodi hit the crossbar. Later the Italians Antonio Nocerino and Raffaele Palladino would extend the lead to 2-0 after first mentioned played Palladino a nice trough ball. Palladino finding himself in an advanced position close to the 6 yard box calmly placed the ball around Palermo goalie Sorrentino. But they young and talented Paulo Dybala found the net in the 34th minute after a power shot sent past Antonio Mirante inside the box.

The second half was only a shadow of the entertaining first half with both sides seeing bookings. New man Angelo Ogbonna did well in the Parma defense helping out a troubled Andrea Costa whom later got subbed out for experienced left back Massimo Gobbi. Gialloblus was helped by the secure distribution of Francesco Lodi and the calmness of Raffaele Palladino. But equally should thank a rather toothless Palermo who only really had two players showing up those being Dybala and Edgar Barreto.

This means Parma collects 3 important points as their next coming matches are versus far stronger opponents. The next match is an away game in Napoli before welcoming last years Coppa Italia runner-up Fiorentina the following week.

Man of the Match: Paulo Dybala, Palermo
View attachment 277403
The Week 1 Table

View attachment 277399

Because of a computer crash I had to replay the original game that ended as a 1-0 victory for Parma.

Last edited:
I'm Italian and I'm sorry for the situation of parma in real life, so I hope you can win with it! following :$

Update: Injures and upcoming matches in September 2014/15

View attachment 276993

The Matches

View attachment 277393
A tough month with 2 games being close to lost before the matches even starts. Napoli and Fiorentina should both beat us even if they play bad. But Empoli is a team we have to beat to achieve our goals this season. Regardless if it's home or away. Sampdoria will be a even game. I would probably say Sampdoria would be favored in the mirror game in Genoa, but at home on Ennio Tardini it's a rather even game. Could very quickly become a pointless month if we do not preform versus Empoli.

Injury Table

View attachment 277394
Mattia Cassani is still out after getting injured during training before the Palermo match. But credits too his backup Andi Lila that delivered versus Palermo. Don't think we will miss Cassani that much to be honest as he won't change our odds against Napoli and Fiorentina. Lastly Italian midfielder Daniele Galloppa is also injured. We are more than fine covering him being unable for the bench.

Last edited:
I'm Italian and I'm sorry for the situation of parma in real life, so I hope you can win with it! following :$

Yeah it's never fun to see clubs with history being threatened to be wiped out because of financial problems.
Glad that you will follow my journey with Parma on FM!

While writing a transfer roundup bit my computer crashed. Rendering my game versus Palermo void. I will replay the game now and make edit with the new results ASAP. This means the result could be different but also that Jô might not end up injured from the game versus Palermo.

Transfer Deadline

Serie A Transfer Roundup
View attachment 277457
The Transfer Window has been closed shut. As shown in the picture Juventus moved for Brazilian defensive midfielder Fernando from Shakhtar. But they also got the rights to fellow countryman Ganso from Sao Paulo. With these moves Juventus has truly created a powerhouse of a midfield.

Roma managed their goal of not letting anyone go to build on their success from the 2013/14 campaign.
With the addition of the talented Mexican Giovani dos Santos Roma looks to develop even further.

Known faces join Serie A
View attachment 277458

Napoli improved by bringing Danish international defender Simon Kjær. While A.C Milan brought back a known face to European viewers in Fernando Gago.
Fiorentina looked to enforce their belief in Spanish players by bringing the experienced and versatile midfielder Jose Antonio Reyes.

Serie A - Matchday 2: Napoli vs Parma

Napoli 3-1 Parma
San Paolo

View attachment 277364

Napoli started off the season with a 1-2 loss to Juventus in Torino. A mach that historically is very even with the last five Serie A matches ending with WWLLW in Napoli's favor. But the current Parma is on a little high with a 2-1 win to start off the season. Bwin gives the match a 11-5 over to all results, but favors the home team Napoli.

Jose Callejon starts the game off with a bang due to already finding the net after 10 minutes of play. Rightback Andi Lila is caught sleeping as hes nowhere near Callejon when the trough ball comes. Too the Gli Azzuri surprise Parma newly signed striker scores his second for the season after Silvestre Varela links him up. with a beautiful first touch sends the ball flying in the longest corner it's tied at 1-1! But the match goes back into favor of Napoli before the break with classical counter attack goal with Argentinian Higuain finishing it off.

After the break Napoli keep up the pressure, but finds themselves two times on the wrong side off Parma's offside line. Parma gets close to equalize with a set-piece header in the woodwork. And to make things worse Higuain finds his second after a weak display from Antonio Mirante putting the score at 3-1 in favor of Napoli. But on the positive side on loan youngster Vajebah Sakor gets his first minutes on the pitch. Gonzalo Higuain turned out too much for Parma too handle with Angelo Ogbonna, Alessandro Lucarelli and Antonio Mirante all showed weakness Lila being abysmal.

Man of the match: Gonzalo Higuain, Napoli
View attachment 277377

The Week 2 Table
View attachment 277375

Last edited:
Serie A - Matchday 3: Parma vs Fiorentina

Parma 1-1 Fiorentina
Ennio Tardini

View attachment 277351

Fabio Fanelli from TuttoClacioNews.Net stated he believes "A draw is on the cards in this game as I can see Parma and Foiorentina canceling each other out." This match historically is in the favor of Fiorentina but the 5 matches between the teams are DLDDW. So far this season Parma stands with 1 win and 1 loss while Fiorentina lost away to A.C Milan and then drew home versus Juventus. Parma could be the weaker team Fiorentina needs to play for their first seasonal win. Bet365 gives the odds as following Parma: 6-4(fav), Draw: 2-1 and Fiorentina: 13-8.
The first half is rather uneventful with mainly 2 yellow cards to talk about. Andi Lila receiving one for Parma and Jasmin Kurtic for Fiorentina. Parma is close once with but the final shot just never reach the goal. But close to the break Angelo Ogbonna scores the opener of the game after Francesco Lodi get a second chance to swing in after a free-kick. With that Parma goes ahead with 1-0 to the break.

Going in the second half Parma enjoys an on fire Ogbonna, but there's more players on the pitch and Fiorentina plays around Ogbonna to find the 1-1 goal with Ilicic. With this The Viola starts to take control. Much thanks to a great display from Borja Valero who takes home Man of the Match. Chances for a Viola win increases when they get help from Lila who gets his second yellow in the 82nd minute. Keyword for Gialloblu now is keep the draw for a point. Luckily we manage to prevent any further goals. A match with to many players just not showing up with Massimo Gobbi, Vajebah Sakor, Raffaele Palladino all getting a 6,4 rating. The subs manage a little better and among the subs are the talented debutante Marcus Thuram.

Man of the Match: Borja Valero, Fiorentina
View attachment 277344

The Week 3 Table
View attachment 277342

Last edited:
Serie A - Matchday 4: Empoli vs Parma

Empoli 2-3 Parma
Carlos Castellani

View attachment 277075

Before match start Parma F.C has WLD so far in the league while Empoli stands with a tripple L. This is a match that historically is vastly in the favor of Parma the last five meetings ended with DWWLW in the favor of Parma F.C. Empoli is going to need all the home advantage help they can in order to stand up against the visitors from Parma.

Empoli sure went out with a goal to get a positive result from the game. But most of the shots was off target, and the select 12 on target was very mixed in it's effect. Parma however was clinical in front of goal! Empoli took the lead after fan favorite Francesco Tavano sent the ball past Antonio Mirante. Empoli would go 2-0 up after Matias Vecino took down a cross, and sent a screamer past Mirante! Luckily for the Gialloblu Silvestre Varela managed to grab one back before the break. This after managed to find him completely free after a struggle in the penalty box.

In the second after some time Parma showed that quality in chances can easily outweigh quantity. The equalizer was a reversed scenario from the first scoring with Valera serving . With about 30 minutes left to play at 2-2 the games potential 3 points were up for grabs. The winner was secured by the well working Italian duo Raffaele Palladino and Antonio Nocerino. After a quick 1-2 Palladino sent trough Nocerino and he did no mistake in front of goal sending the ball in the longest corner.

Man of the Match: Mikro Valdifiori, Empoli
View attachment 277043

The Week 4 Table
View attachment 277038

Last edited:
Serie A - Matchday 5: Parma vs Sampdoria

Parma 0-0 Sampdoria
Ennio Tardini

View attachment 277022

A historically even match with a tiny tendency towards Parma however recently it's been even with the last 5 encounters between the team going WLDWL for Parma. So far this season Parma has gone WLDW a rather acceptable form for Parma. Sampdoria on the other hand have had a rough schedule resulting in LDLL. With this Parma has a good chance to collect a win due to form.

The game is rather uneventful with no goals, and a simple draw for both sides. Neither team won't have much to complain about as both teams struggled to make their shoots count. Good displays from the defenses and off performances from the attackers made the game a rather boring draw. Neither half really have anything to speak about at all. Parma defender Andrea Costa had a good game on the leftback earning the first Man of the Match title for a Parma player this season with a 8,3 rated display. Backup goalie called to arms Alessandro Lacobucci also had a pleasing display with 7,0 in rating. Making the hole of missing Antonio Mirante not felt this time.

This means after 5 games Parma sits on a comfortable 11th place. However there's plenty to work with as the club has scored just as much they conceded. But this marks a good start for a Parma predicted by the media too be in the relegation struggle all season.

Man of the Match: Andrea Costa, Parma
View attachment 277009

The Week 5 Table
View attachment 277006

Update: Injures and upcoming matches in October 2014/15

View attachment 276994

The Matches

View attachment 276996
Well this is not a pleasant October month at all with matches against 3 of the most prolific teams in Italian football. With two of the games being away as well they are almost defiantly lost already. And even though real-life Parma managed to take all 3 points versus Juventus at Ennio Tardini I doubt my chances of replicating it here. But the good news is the home game versus relegation tipped Chievo. A match we really should win to achieve over target of reaching mid table as our table finish.

Injury Table
View attachment 276995
Key man Antonio Mirante is out with injuries and his expertise could be missed versus the up and coming big opponents in October. But to say Mirante for sure could have helped us grab points is not fair. Cristobal Jorquera being out doesn't change much for us. All in all so far injuries have been acceptable this season.

Last edited:
Serie A - Matchday 6: Roma vs Parma

Roma 0-0 Parma
Stadio Olimpico

View attachment 276991

The game is set to play in the capital of Italy with the home ground team Roma having history on their side. After 5 games in Serie A Roma has gone home with 4 wins and the most recent game ending in a draw. Right now Roma comes into the game with WWWWL the loss being to Juventus. Parma on the other hand stands with WLDWD and despite their current form would also be considered the weaker team on paper.

Not much to say here really the game became the anticipated Roma slug fest. But Roma best feature is playing open and free games. But our Parma went out with the goal of disrupting the flow of the game, and try and get a goal from counter attacks. First half and second half is the same, and the draw is much credited to the good performances from goalie Alessandro Lacobucci and Andrea Costa both scored 7,6 on the rating scale. With captain following suit with a 7,0 rating. But the Roma attackers struggled to with explosive winger notably Gervinho struggling the entire game. The result is excellent for Parma who has a tough schedule in October with few points looking likely. Roma on the other hand will hope the injuries on Florenzi, Pjanic and Holebas aren't serious. Unfortunately for Parma and Silvestre Varela will be out for 2-3 weeks due too falling and damaging his elbow.

Man of the match: Josè Holebas, Roma
View attachment 276985

The Week 6 Table
View attachment 276983

Serie A - Matchday 7: Parma vs Chievo

Parma 2-2 Chievo
Ennio Tardini

View attachment 276981

This is a match that favors Parma historically with the majority of non draws going in the favor of Gialloblu. With the current forms Parma stands with LDWDD, and surely want to take advantage meeting Chievo to get their 3 W of the season. This seems very possible with Chievo standing at DLLLL. That means Parma has both history and form on their side. With this the bookies are making Parma the favorite with 4-7 chance to win versus Chievo 4-1.

This was rather disappointing for several reasons. Not only did we not create more chances, and blow away a 2-0 lead. We allowed Chievo way more access to ball and space to play their game. Despite already being up 2-0 after just 4 minutes of play Parma ended up to switch off. Brazilian scored the opener after Chievo failed to clear a long shot from Francesco Lodi. Goalscorer setup the 2-0 goal after a struggle in the field by tipping the ball into Raffaele Palladino who sent a pile-driver past Chievo goalie Bardi. The visitors managed to grab 1 goal back before the break due to pour marking from Alessandro Lucarelli allowing Rubèn Bota a free header.

The second half is even and unfortunately Chievo was the only side able to find a goal. Sadly this meant our Parma boys managed to lose a 2-0 lead. Ioannis Fetfatzidis takes the scoring credit, but the not the man of the match title. That goes to Finnish man Perparim Hetemaj who worked tireless and truly had control of the midfield in the second half. Parma will blame the loss of the 3 points on captain Lucarelli who simply had a terrible day on the pitch.

Man of the Match: Perparim Hetemaj, Chievo
View attachment 276961

The Week 7 Table
View attachment 276960