Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

mrhough

Reaction score
Man it's been hard to make tactics for this years FM, Really Difficult at times What i think i have been doing is trying to make it as perfect as possible when really there is at least one more patch to come out so there isn't really the need for this much emphasis on this tactic.

That said though i still wanted to try and give you something at least as succesful as my other tactics.

it's been a hard slog but i think i have made something that will bring success with the Majority of clubs available on FM.

The formation for this tactic is a 4-1-2-3 which is exatcly the same as my most successful FM10 tactics. Flat back 4 1 DM 2 CM's and 3 stikers, I would go and say that the way the tactic plays is almost identical to the FM10 tactics.

During the testing process of this tactic i was Middlesbrough and Won the league Comfortably and also the F.A Cup too beating Arsenal Leeds Man City and Liverpool in the Final 3-1. Brilliant Achievement!

I have had some slight issues regarding defence, I am open too improvements here, Although it isn't something major to worry about thats for sure.

MiddlesbroughLiverpool.jpg

MiddlesbroughFinalTable.jpg

MiddlesbroughManCity.jpg

TacticFormation.jpg

MiddlesbroughLeeds.jpg

MiddlesbroughHull.jpg

TrebleFinal.jpg

Player Requirements.

Keeper - Arial Ability - One on Ones - Reflexs - Handling

Full backs - Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate

Center Backs - Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking

Defensive Midfielder - Tackling Strenth Positiong Tackling Determination Heading Passing Team Work Work Rate

Center Midfielders - Passing Tackling Pace Creativity Team work Work rate Determination

Strikers - Finishing Off The Ball Pace Determination Dribbling First touch Creativity

Match Preperation is up to you, Or you can leave it to your Assistant Manager.

Team Talks Either do them yourself or if you want your Assistant Manager to do them make sure he has good Stats in Motivation Man Management and Determination.

Pitch Size is Minimum.

No opposition Instructions at all

Set Pieces are all sey up.

I know some users will ask if they can move players around so they can fit there best players in the tactic My advice Don't use this tactic, The tactic is designed to be a 4-1-2-3 not a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-1-2-3 with wingers.

I hope this tactic brings you success. All the best for 2011.

Dave

Don't forget you can get me on Facebook Here is my page http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Dave-Hough/723618006

http://www.filefront.com/17740827/Mr-Hough-4-1-2-3-11.2--Sunderland-Sep-2010.tac/

Last edited:
Looking good Dave. Sure it will be another top tactic.

Another zinger of a tactic from the famed Mr Hough, I'm sure.

Thanks for this, was going to start a new save as porto so I will try it out with them. One thing though, when i've opened it in-game it's displayed the same as those screenshots - with yellow arrows. How did you do that and how can I change it back to the default display of small Defend / Support / Attack boxes for each player as well as their position (deep lying playmaker/anchor man within DM position for example)?

Thanks for this, was going to start a new save as porto so I will try it out with them. One thing though, when i've opened it in-game it's displayed the same as those screenshots - with yellow arrows. How did you do that and how can I change it back to the default display of small Defend / Support / Attack boxes for each player as well as their position (deep lying playmaker/anchor man within DM position for example)?
You can't change it back once it has been changed into the classic tactic.

Only the tactic Creator tactics have the Roles Shouts and other things like that

Looks awesome, ill give it a go with Man utd and Lazio :p

whats that skin mate?

Sweet I was trying at beginning with your FM10 tactic but it was not so productive, so I was using most popular 4-2-4 for FM11. I've waited for your magic and we all know that your new edited tactic for FM11 will work perfectly. Thanks!

Another wonder no doubt, although it hurts me to see the Boro 5 Leeds 0 result :mad:, great work as usual!

i'm sure this tactic is good and might give it a go later for my qpr save

holy moley! i used jp woodies tactic against roma in the cl quater final first half and drew 3 - 3 with roma, i used yours in the 2nd half and this was the result!
with your tactic mr hough villa is scoring hattricks for fun!

holy moley! i used jp woodies tactic against roma in the cl quater final first half and drew 3 - 3 with roma, i used yours in the 2nd half and this was the result!
with your tactic mr hough villa is scoring hattricks for fun!

you play barcelona mate <)

------------------

@hough
i'll try this for you and will give feedback immediately

i've used this for at least a dozen games and it doesn't seem to be doing that well at the moment. i seem to get beat most games away from home, not too bad at home. it would be foolish of me to write this off though as im sure others will be reaping the rewards. I used this tactic in fm10 and was absolutely unbelievable banged in over 100 goals a season!

just off topic your 10.2 tactic 4-1-2-1-2 works a treat on fm11, sweeped everything two seasons in a row with porto hardly buying anyone!!

nice tactic (H) i'm managing bilbao and so far at 2nd position :D

jisah8d8.png

i think the problem is on fullback defend

excellent tactic.

I'm testing it with Vaduz (Switzerland 2nd tier), was doing fine leading the league with my own tactic at the winter break, but wanted to try something different for the second half of the season.

This tactic creates tons of scoring chances, it's almost weird because usually opponents will have 55-60% possession, but they won't get many shots while your team will have 15-20 shots including a healthy amount of CCC. And usually will win the game of course!

Funny that this tactic seems to work in ways you wouldn't expect:

- passing is set on short, but full backs and CMs will play lots of lethal direct through balls for the strikers
- tempo is set on slow, but you wouldn't say that watching you team press, push forward and instantly look for the strikers
- counter box is not ticked, but counter works actually great with this tactic

Only thing I thought I'd change is the closing down settings for the DMC maybe to own half, as sometimes he gets drawn too high on the pitch and leaves defence line a little unprotected, though his hard pressing is also a key to force opponents' mistakes, so I can see where you're coming from with that.

All in all great tactic, it even made me think that classic tactics may give you a better control on your team. Sometimes I feel all the new stuff tends to get too complicated, there's the role, the duty, the individual mentality, the team starting strategy, and sometimes all these features seem to conflict with each other and there isn't much you can do about that.

Fantastic tactics.I relaid it during a season my tactics working well anyway because eagerly-awaited yours.Moreover my players not to your tactics they were selected.Results:
Inter Palermo3 4
Juve Palermo 0 3
Palermo Roma5 0
Inter Palermo 1 2
Palermo Siena 5 0
What kind of minimum values you would suggest to the players if filter it would be done?