Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

I tried your tactic with the hungarian Győri ETO FC. Your tactic works fine, but I lost every matches against 5-3-2 (CounterA) teams in the league. I bought the best forwards in the league and they have good morale, but they can't score against five defenders. ...I was easily countered. Can you help how can I win that matches? I tried zone defense with CB-s, but it also didn't working.

I beat Liverpool in Euro Cup 4th round with this tactic. I can't belive it. :) Thank you.

Hajrá magyarok

when i import and choose this tactic it removes part of my instruction screen? Unable to see above the mentality slider on either player or team instructions. Anybody know why this is?
Tried saving and reloading, quitting and reopening. Doesn't happen on any other standard or loaded tactic.

the same thing happened to me dude. In my game after downloading this tactic i couldnT use Sideline Instructions

the same thing happened to me dude. In my game after downloading this tactic i couldnT use Sideline Instructions

In the process of copying down the tactic to immitate my own exactly the same via every instruction. See if that makes any difference.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

What is the philosophy and starting strategy for this tactic? That's the only thing I can't see so can't replicate.

Been testing this for a season with Droylsden in the BSPN. Most tactics that get posted are usually tested on Man Utd, City, etc or at best a top Championship side so I like to try them with garbage. They usually don't do great but I've got to say this is by far the worst one I've tried so far. Just get absolutely slaughtered most of the time, cut apart, little possession and few goals. Set pieces are a particular problem with usually at least a goal a game coming against me from a corner/wide free kick.

Please note I'm not saying this is a bad tactic, or it's broken or anything like that. I'm sure it works great under the right conditions. Just leaving this comment for those managers, like me, that like to start at the bottom and work our way up.

I'm also well aware I could make my own tactics or alter these, but feedback was asked for, so I'm giving it. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

Personally, I started down in 3rd Scot. Division (4th division) with Queens Park and got promoted twice in a row, more than 20 points clear of second place each season with M. Hough's tactic, so it's fine for small teams. When I say small I mean it, Queens is amateur, and still is even two divisions higher for that reason I'm gonna try a new save :p

3 straight defeats for me with fulham conceding 10 goals, so vulnerable.

Mr.H:What is the minimum attributes for the players?

aa

Mr hough if you can tell me...I have obasi kadlec and michelidze....which player goes in the middle of the attack?thanks :D

I'm quite enjoying using this tactic with Newcastle. I've pulled the two wide strikers to AMR & AML positions as not playing Ben Harfa & Jonas would be abit of a waste, certainly in the 1st season. Enjoy the way the midfield and wingbacks attack.
Only 8 games in though, well done Mr Hough!

Great tactic, started a game with Tottenham to test it out and it worked a treat. I won the Premiership (by 1 point :p), the FA cup and the Champions League!

Just started the second season, lost in the community shield but won the Super Cup

Overall great tactic, just make sure you have a striker who can finish and you will be fine :D

I might upload some screen shots later, but at the moment college work has priority :p

I'm quite enjoying using this tactic with Newcastle. I've pulled the two wide strikers to AMR & AML positions as not playing Ben Harfa & Jonas would be abit of a waste, certainly in the 1st season. Enjoy the way the midfield and wingbacks attack.
Only 8 games in though, well done Mr Hough!
And how's that working out? Because I was a big fan of this tactic for FM10 and I also pushed the wide strikers back. It worked well and I use the same formation on my saves in FM11, so it goes without saying that I'd like to use this formation when I finish off my 5th season :)

Have you got a link for download so i cud give it a try, Also What skin is That your using looks slick ,

much :wub:

Training

Hey Mr Hough.

Your tactic is working wonders for my team. Just wondered though, which training schedules do you use alongside this tactic?

Cheers

Been testing this for a season with Droylsden in the BSPN. Most tactics that get posted are usually tested on Man Utd, City, etc or at best a top Championship side so I like to try them with garbage. They usually don't do great but I've got to say this is by far the worst one I've tried so far. Just get absolutely slaughtered most of the time, cut apart, little possession and few goals. Set pieces are a particular problem with usually at least a goal a game coming against me from a corner/wide free kick.

Please note I'm not saying this is a bad tactic, or it's broken or anything like that. I'm sure it works great under the right conditions. Just leaving this comment for those managers, like me, that like to start at the bottom and work our way up.

I'm also well aware I could make my own tactics or alter these, but feedback was asked for, so I'm giving it. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

After seeing this comment, I decided to try this tactic out, even though I don't like to use downloadable tactics in general.

I played 5 league games with Preston North End; easily lost all of them. 1-3, 1-4, 2-5, 0-2, 1-3.

It just goes to show that there is no universally excellent tactic. Some things work for some people in certain circumstances.

After seeing this comment, I decided to try this tactic out, even though I don't like to use downloadable tactics in general.

I played 5 league games with Preston North End; easily lost all of them. 1-3, 1-4, 2-5, 0-2, 1-3.

It just goes to show that there is no universally excellent tactic. Some things work for some people in certain circumstances.

where do this people come from ? he stuck his neck on the line to give u guys good tactics and u only gave it 5 games ? *shame on you*

Dear H.
Made an account just to post a message here :)

Tried 4 matches with your tactic now.. (with Leeds, standard team, no transfers)
Won all 4:

8:0
4:1
3:0
3:1

Keep it up! great work

Last edited:
where do this people come from ? he stuck his neck on the line to give u guys good tactics and u only gave it 5 games ? *shame on you*

I didn't mean to be disrespectful, I was just saying it doesn't necessarily work for everyone.