End of season update with East Stirlingshire. We walked the league, finishing 21 points ahead of second place - despite being newly promoted and with a media prediction of 10th (bottom!). Also won the Challenge Cup. Beat Hearts 6-2 and St Johnstone 5-2 in the cups (both SPL sides). Lost 3-2 to Rangers (injury time winner!).

All-in-all, an utterly fantastic tactic. Solid at the back. Deadly up front. I really can't recommend this tactic anymore. Thanks Mr Hough.

(PS - I changed the corner set up because we were scoring far too many goals. My CB had 17 goals in 15 games! He got 2 in his next 30 - a bit more realistic)

The tactic starts off great, but 10 games later the AI has countered it and it fails miserably.

Giving this a go atm. Looks good from what i have observed from preseason friendlies. Will update here as the season progresses...

Very good tactic for my Beloved Cardiff City. 20 games left and 15 points clear in championship. Kenny Miller has scored 20 goals in 24 league starts. My side Heaton,Hinkel,Loovens,Turner,McNaughton,Muamba,Verratti,Cowie,Conway,Whittingham,Miller. On the bench Marshall,Gerrard,Gunnarsson,Guthrie,Jackson Martinez. Just signed Yaya Sanogo on a bosman for next season which should be in prem. Roll on.

Hey Mr. Hough, would you agree with the following roles for this tactic?

GK = GK (Defend)
FB's = FB (Auto)
CB's = CD (Defend)
DMC = DM (Support)
LCM = CM (Auto)
RCM = CM (Defend)
AML = Winger (Attack)
AMR = Winger (Support)
ST = DLF (Support)

mr hough can you please give us more detials regaridn the tactic please ?

the function of each player that is his duty / roles / support or attack thnks

mr hough can you please give us more detials regaridn the tactic please ?

the function of each player that is his duty / roles / support or attack thnks

Its made in the classic version so no roles/duties. The player filters will show you which type of players are required for each position

Nice job Mrhough, truly a fantastic counter attacking tactic, with some quick striker - wingers, you could do some serious damage. A player like Suarez will keep the opposition's defenders frustrated, and the defense is playing VERY well. I liked how you hold your FBs at bay with the defensive mentality and yet keep them throwing the ball to space so that the fast wingers can counter successfully.

Quick tip fellas, this tactic employs a very successful corner tactic we so affectionately learned to call the "corner bug". HOWEVER, mrhough was nice enough not to fully unleash it upon your rivals, and didn't tick the "Aim At" box, so the so called "bug", will only be used at 1 out of 4 corners (statistically, that is..)

Those of you who enjoy the "edge" (I must say this tactic's offering about 3-9 corners a game, with a good corner taker and a decent header, you could get 2-4 goals per game from corners.) should tick the little box, and choose "Aim at near post". (Or choose another aim spot to ignore it completely. I suggest the default att corner settings as they tend to do very well for me).

dunno about the problem yet but i am getting a lot of draws with my malga team atm. well i am 3rd in the table but could have been better off if my team prevented those slipups against weaker opponents. if this trend continues, may as well drop to 4th or 5th. any tips guys??

I tried this tactic out with my remaining 5 games of the second season where I was already doing ok but had nothing to play for. Without everything being fluid in match prep, I thought performances were very good. A lot more solid at the back than I have been, and interesting attacks going forward.

I changed defensive corners, because I've worked out a good routine for them, otherwise no tweaks as yet!

Here are my results until now... doing very well... I have played two more games. 5-3 win away on Villareal and 0-1 loss at home against barca, but they were lucky to win.

MlagaC.F.S.A.D.Fixtures_Fixtures.png

The 2-5 loss against Athletic Bilbao was because my reserve keeper made 2 mistakes and ended with 3,6 rating...

Last edited:
Well, if you're unsure about using this tactic - consider the following:
I have ripped the primer league to shreds with Liverpool. So far, 59 FOR 11 AG, and Suarez with an awesome 20 goals in 17 games.
Could possibly do pretty well with an even weaker side that has faster wings and decent poacher, say, Aston Villa. Quality stuff.

Dave - love this tactic, top of league with spurs and my team aren't even fluid yet! Beat Man Utd 2-1 and Arsenal 3-1, beaten once by Everton 1-0 and the goal was a 25 yard screamer. Defensively solid and deadly in attack with great wing play

May sound silly, but if I were looking for young players to fit this tactic in future, would it make sense to drop some mental/technical attributes down in filter, and set max age to 18-21?

Would I actually find the players I want that way?