Mr Hough Ft Mr Langvatn Tactic Thread.

Playing with Wisla Krakow (predicted 4th in the Polish ekstraklasa (first division in poland)
I was not in europe first season so spent nothing won league and lost 3rd round of the cup in penalties though so very unlucky. (2 defeats in the league)
2nd season: spent £14.5m went 1/4 of CL lost to chelsea 4-1 agg won the league, national cup and super cup (2 defeats in the league)
3rd season: spent £24.1m lost in group stages (but had man utd, dortmund and at. madrid) lol but came 3rd and went on to win the europa league !!! won both league, national cup and super cup (0 defeats in the league)
4th season: spent £15m just started won super cup and european super cup too against R. Madrid 3-0!
considering it is a weak team and it is still relatively weak compared to others I am doing amazing .. will see if I manage to get better than 1/4 of CL
My aim was to win CL within 5 seasons!

I managed to win the league and the cup again! losing 0 games while in CL I went onto the semis losing no games either but lost on away goals gutted!!! (3-3 home vs man utd .. was winning 3-1 after 80 mins and 0-0 away draw) gutted!!!!!!!
but still an amazing season since I lost 0 games throughout the whole season unbelievable.....2 draws in league, 1 draw in the national cup and 3 draws in CL (2 vs man utd and 1 vs man city away during the group stages) even friendlies I never lost as you may know there is 3 months break in poland and during the summer transfer period neither lol well done guys for creating such an amazing tactic.
my achievements till now are: Udinese (CL, Serie A wins and coppa italia final 1st season)
wisla krakow (4 league titles, 3 polish cups, 3 super cups, 1 europa league and 1 european super cup, semis of CL during 4th season) I think I won like 84% of my games...

Last edited:
penza with the orginal tactic mate?
correct! I did sometimes moved the AMC to the ST position if I was losing or put one of the MC's further down but I rarely changed anything.... personally it was pretty much plug-and-play

One of the better tactics i've used. Started a new save with Dortmund(not the hardest of challenges i know). Beat Bayern two times already with a 5-1 being the main highlight.

View attachment 351877

Rather than posting how well (or how bad) things have been after just one game, I thought I'd do a near complete season before telling the story of my year. Now we have secured a play-off spot with five games to go and are on a twelve game unbeaten run, it looks as through promotion is on the cards.

After reading the first few pages of the thread last weekend, I decided to start a game in the Championship as Notts Forest. I planned no big signings, instead relying on using my spreadsheet method and I signed Owain fon Williams for £500k and Emil Jonassen for £0k. We made a solid but unspectacular start, always hovering around 6th - 8th position, discipline was an issue in the early stages but rather than waver and make tactical changes, I decided to stick with it and give it time to bed in, as I always do.

The second half of the season has been fantastic, only 2 defeats in our last 19 league games, and currently on a 12 game unbeaten run has seen us storm to the top of the Championship with only five games to go. Positionally, its quite obvious to see that the central most midfielder is the all important player in the team, making late runs into the box. In my case the player is Chris Cohen, who has scored 22 in 39 games from this midfield role. Now the system is completely bedded in, it's fantastic to watch at times, with the players playing short passes around the edge of the box and trying to find the nearest player in space with an opportunity to shoot.

Absolutely fantastic tactic, here are some screenshots.

Emil Jonassen, found using my spreadsheet method and signed for nothing. Has been fantastic.

View attachment 352201

Other select players, Chris Cohen in particular has been amazing.

View attachment 352199View attachment 352200View attachment 352205View attachment 352196

Away results have been particularly good, even against the bigger sides in the division.

View attachment 352197View attachment 352198View attachment 352202

The table as it stands along with our recent run.

View attachment 352204View attachment 352203

Rather than posting how well (or how bad) things have been after just one game, I thought I'd do a near complete season before telling the story of my year. Now we have secured a play-off spot with five games to go and are on a twelve game unbeaten run, it looks as through promotion is on the cards.

After reading the first few pages of the thread last weekend, I decided to start a game in the Championship as Notts Forest. I planned no big signings, instead relying on using my spreadsheet method and I signed Owain fon Williams for £500k and Emil Jonassen for £0k. We made a solid but unspectacular start, always hovering around 6th - 8th position, discipline was an issue in the early stages but rather than waver and make tactical changes, I decided to stick with it and give it time to bed in, as I always do.

The second half of the season has been fantastic, only 2 defeats in our last 19 league games, and currently on a 12 game unbeaten run has seen us storm to the top of the Championship with only five games to go. Positionally, its quite obvious to see that the central most midfielder is the all important player in the team, making late runs into the box. In my case the player is Chris Cohen, who has scored 22 in 39 games from this midfield role. Now the system is completely bedded in, it's fantastic to watch at times, with the players playing short passes around the edge of the box and trying to find the nearest player in space with an opportunity to shoot.

Absolutely fantastic tactic, here are some screenshots.

Emil Jonassen, found using my spreadsheet method and signed for nothing. Has been fantastic.

View attachment 352201

Other select players, Chris Cohen in particular has been amazing.

View attachment 352199View attachment 352200View attachment 352205View attachment 352196

Away results have been particularly good, even against the bigger sides in the division.

View attachment 352197View attachment 352198View attachment 352202

The table as it stands along with our recent run.

View attachment 352204View attachment 352203

Hi,

which tactics are you using?

I thought it was a trick question, or that I was missing something. :S

Following on from my previous post, we were indeed promoted as champions so next season will be the real test in the Premier League. After securing Ayala on a permanent transfer for next season, I don't plan on spending big and will find more players using the spreadsheet method.

I'll post what happens in this thread if you are interested?

I thought it was a trick question, or that I was missing something. :S

Following on from my previous post, we were indeed promoted as champions so next season will be the real test in the Premier League. After securing Ayala on a permanent transfer for next season, I don't plan on spending big and will find more players using the spreadsheet method.

I'll post what happens in this thread if you are interested?

Yeah, keep us updated :) I'm also wondering about "the spreadsheet method" ?

I suppose it's subjective really, I'd say anticipation was more important but then someone will say finishing is, or if they play a target man, maybe heading or ball control should be there.

I suppose it's subjective really, I'd say anticipation was more important but then someone will say finishing is, or if they play a target man, maybe heading or ball control should be there.

Yeah, I guess :) That's why I removed the post :p But I still think Off the ball is the only stat that is important for ALL the striker types, next to finishing of course :p But I understand your choices, given that you are limited to five stats.

Last edited: