Mr Hough Ft Mr Langvatn Tactic Thread.

View attachment 352465

Finally had some success in my 3rd season! Also won the Community Shield and Euro Super Cup, lost league cup final to Tottenham on penalties, lost Euro Cup semi finals.

I'm just starting my 4th season and i'm still dominating. I've only made a handful of signings most of the team still intact. One of the best tactics i've used so far. Good job.

View attachment 352579

I'm having absolutely aweful results in ;y first season with Liverpool.
Where do you guys play Gerrard, Shelvey and Suarez.
I think I've read someone doing match prep "Offensive" instead of "defensive positionning"
Does it work better ?

Just a quick follow up to my earlier posts where Notts Forest were promoted to the Premier League. It's only early in the season, 10 game played so far but I thought it would be worth posting what has happened so far.

As I had mentioned previously, I would not be splashing the cash on star names, but concentrating more on finding cheaper alternatives using my spreadsheet system.

Here is the league table and results so far. As I said, not spectacular but solid and we should hopefully be safe.

View attachment 352848View attachment 352849

And the low profile, but solid signings, including the capture of Ayala on a permanent transfer. He has been magnificent yet again.

View attachment 352843View attachment 352845View attachment 352846View attachment 352850

I'm having absolutely aweful results in ;y first season with Liverpool.
Where do you guys play Gerrard, Shelvey and Suarez.
I think I've read someone doing match prep "Offensive" instead of "defensive positionning"
Does it work better ?

I mostly let assistant pick my team, so the squad will be rotated a lot :) You can try attacking movement and see if it helps. The tactic works very well in England, so it has nothing to do with the tactic.

I have to admit I get amazing results once the tactic is fully understood by my players.
I've talked too fast, sorry guys, this an amazing winning one :)

Another update, this time I type with Notts Forest as Capital One Cup winners and a place in Europe! We have also gone on a fantastic run in the league, practically securing survival by March.

The Capital One Cup final, we remained solid against much better opponents.

View attachment 354117

Our recent fixtures and current table, the game against West Brom at the top was as far as I had progressed when I updated last. As you can see, we have improved immensely.

View attachment 354118View attachment 354120

During the January transfer window, captain Danny Collins got tendonitis and it said he would be out for 7 months. Deciding to find a replacement, I once again used the spreadsheet method and bought this fella, he has been outstanding.

View attachment 354119

I've endorsed a few tactics in my time, and am still fond of several but this one is by far the most solid. Like the poster above has said, give it time and allow the players to get used to it, you may not achieve instant results but over time you can build.

Any reason why in everygame so far this season, the team I play against scores with almost every shot?? 1 shot one goal in one game, 5 shots 4 goals in the other.. the list goes on..

Still amazed how well i'm doing. 2019 and still going strong. New little blips here and there, but nothing that doesn't fix itself towards the end of the season. Not really made too many changes to my team either. 2-3 big names and the rest from the youth team. Also find that the right centre back scores alot of goals.

View attachment 354902

Still amazed how well i'm doing. 2019 and still going strong. New little blips here and there, but nothing that doesn't fix itself towards the end of the season. Not really made too many changes to my team either. 2-3 big names and the rest from the youth team. Also find that the right centre back scores alot of goals.

View attachment 354902

The corner settings are quite good yeah :) So the defenders score a lot :)

Any reason why in everygame so far this season, the team I play against scores with almost every shot?? 1 shot one goal in one game, 5 shots 4 goals in the other.. the list goes on..

RNG FTL :)

Just wanna know if you guys using this tactic are struggling away from home ?
I can have difficulties sometimes away from home with this tactic.

I think it's because my match prep is Offensive Movement.
But when I tried defensive positionning I was so bad at scoring goals.
I can win a game 8-0 at home and losing away the next game 2-1 or 1-0... frustrating

Who are you playing as?

Nantes would be the obvious one. :p

How far into the season are you with each game? It took my teams probably 4-5 months to really reach their potential with this tactic, it takes time.