Long time viewer, first post!! Have run this tactic for 2 years with Liverpool on the recent update, with some spectacular results. Leandro Damaio has been sensational as the middle man of the 3, and contributed a fantastic season. I won the premier league, league cup, and Champions League in season 2. Lost the FA cup tie, as I do find with this tactic you sporadically get a huge number of shots on goal, but don't score and the AI counter-attacks. See below for Leandro season stats...

View attachment 245396

is he your central striker?

Yep, he's the main man. I got Neymar (30 mil over 48 mths) in the creative role, and he is great there. Podolski seems to do ok in the SCR role, but I have yet to find anyone to do really well on the right. But with Leandro banging in so many, it isn't too much of a problem. He has only ever had 1 injury now in 3 seasons, which put him out for 2 weeks! That's where Podolski came good, because he covered the central role well.

-Hull City first season
-2 players added to the squad : Bruins (free, AMC/MC) and Soukouna (free, ST)

10 matches played : 7 in the CH, 5 wins, 2 draws, 0 defeats and 3 matches played in the Lge Cup, 3 wins
Nothing special but the result in the 3rd round of Lge Cup was Arsenal - Hull City 2-5 on Emirates !!!
Ok, they didn't use the best team but I saw Almunia, Ramsey, Chamaqh in the first eleven.

It is my first tactic used for FM2012, (I had time to bought the game only 2-3 weeks ago), do you know other tactics which destroy the opponents like this one ?

I'm using the patch 12.0.4 and this tactic had worked the best for me for 3 or 4 matches but then I lost every single games after :(.

I'm in the 3rd season, can anybody help me with this problem please? Do I need to switch between this tactic and other every 2/3 games to trick the AI? Thanks

P.S : I'm using the original one

Last edited:
Anyone struggling with this for lesser teams just remove the offside trap. I've done it with Aberdeen. Went from 6 points behind the leaders to 13 points clear in a matter of weeks

Best tactic that I have used. Using this tactic with my Tottenham side and they are unbeatable atm.