mrhough

Reaction score
As it says in the title, Mr Hough Rolls back the years this is a 4-1-2-3 formation with much of the emphasis based on my incredibly successful FM10 Tactics.

Now with that being said this tactic is very different - My FM10 tactics where very much about overloading the box and scoring goals from any angle and any person, This tactic is all about the strikers, The middle striker to be precise, You ST is without a doubt the main goal source in this tactic - The left and right strikers will chip in but it will mainly be the Middle ST.

I must stress that this tactic isn't as dominating as my previous tactics with standard squads. However if you have the 'Right' Players i can see it becoming great once it gets going.

I really like the way the midfield play regards to tracking back and also attacking - The midfielders will support the strikers and it's all about 1 touch football, Now I'm not saying Barcelona tica-taka but it is very similar style and very nice to watch.

The way the midfielders defend is very good too chasing the and putting in tackles and trying to win the ball high up the pitch so we can counter attack quickly and effectively.

I have tried to get the defence working as a unit rather than individuals, This can be risky against the fast paced opposition but i haven't encountered that as of yet thankfully.

I have had some trouble in my Testing With Everton, I won't say everything has gone plain sailing because it hasn't. The trouble i have had is regarding some Team Talks i think. I seem to dominate teams around and below me but struggle against the bigger teams in the league, This isn't all the time though it's only when my team talks are out, I think alot of Empahsis has been put on Team Talks by SI this year. I haven't been using any form of team talks so i can't recommend any. My assistant Manager has been in sole Charge of them.

In My Huddersfield Test i have found No Problems at all beating teams at will and no one really being able to stop me.

In My Man City Test I have dominated the league and won all of my 12 games played

A Lot of the opposition attacks come from long balls down the wings so try and make sure that the entire back 4 have good pace and positioning and anticipation attributes

This tactic certainly isn't possession based i have averaged around 40% possession in most of my games but i think that as long as you win and win comfortably possession is a needless stat.

The midfielders do get forward quite a bit do I'd suggest having them having good creativity and finishing to try and chip with the goals a little bit

I am very confident in this tactic and i can't see there being to many problems regarding defence or attack.

Match Prep has been set to Attacking Movement with the Workload being High - You can change this however i prefer it to be attacking.

Maximum Pitch Size.

Team Talks as i have highlighted are a sticky point - Use whatever you feel work the best for you.

Training again same as team talks USe the best that you have found for you.

No Opposition Instructions.

if you get a man sent off take off one of the outer strikers to replace him

If you have problems with yellow and red cards reduce the tackling of the Midfielders.

Remember that al tactics need a period of 3-4 games for the players to gel, This one is no different, I would suggest about 10 games for a proper evaluation of the tactic.

Screens.

MrHoughRollsBackTheYearsTactic.jpg

Huddersfield21games.jpg

EvertonTable28games.jpg

Tactic Link.

Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12 (Man City, Oct 2011).tac Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12 (Man City, Oct 2011).tac

Remember Good Or Bad Experiances i wanna know.

Thanks for the Support.

Mr Hough.

This tactic is meant to be a 3 striker tactic so don't change the formation hoping a few tweaks will improve it.

Some more screens of my and others success with this tactic.

screenshot20120107at104.png

LiverpoolvBarnsleyInformation_Overview.png

progress.gif
clear.gif

ArsenalHuddersfield.jpg

Teams.jpg

After i drew with Arsenal at the Emirates i played them again in the Replay because this match is in the F.A Cup 3rd Round.

I must Stress that this is my first season in FM and i have only signed 4 players, This Result is with this tactic using the Match Prep i have Stated.

Huddersfield3-1Arsenal.jpg

Teams2.jpg

This Result is one of the very best i have had in FM.

Just shows what this tactic can do i suppose

That AC Milan league table screenshot is just crazy.

You've done it again Sir, looks like a superb tactic.

That AC Milan league table screenshot is just crazy.

You've done it again Sir, looks like a superb tactic.

It's a crazy tactic, First season i drew with Arsenal 2-2 then beat them 3-1 I beat Man Utd 2-1 and Newcastle 5-1, I'm Huddersfield 2 Leagues below them.

Best Tactic I Have Ever Made FACT!!

I must say mrhough, I have followed your tactics for a long time and they have always been awesome! Can you please go into depth with what the 'right' players are for each position?

Wow.

Downloaded this tac and plugged it in mid December of my 2015/16 season with Tottenham, first game and Mbaye Niang bags 6 goals in a 9-0 thrashing of Auckland City at the Club World Cup.

Okay fine it's against Auckland City, but still. This is the first time I've ever obtained the Double Hattrick achievement. Thanks to this tactic!

And you're right, Niang was in the middle of the 3 strikers.

You sir are a genius.

Hey if change it to 4-4-2 will it affect the tactic ? I hope not

When it comes to mrhough tactics there is no need for me to read the description in the opening thread. Automatic download straightaway. No doubt a fantastic tactic as usual

This tactic is amazing! Using it with CSKA Moscow.
I'd actually want to find out, how do you use your right striker, I mean, what kind of player will suit it perfectly? I use Barazite Nacer, but he looks lame on this position. :(

Last edited:
A few things that I feel could make people download this more:

1. Make the layout of the layout of the thread more attractive.
2. Do full testing; not half seasons.
3. More screenshots of the teams that you have managed with them. Like transfers etc.

Just three things that I feel could make people download this more.

A few things that I feel could make people download this more:

1. Make the layout of the layout of the thread more attractive.
2. Do full testing; not half seasons.
3. More screenshots of the teams that you have managed with them. Like transfers etc.

Just three things that I feel could make people download this more.

I'm sure he won't have any trouble getting people to download. He's been a tactical genius on FMBase since at least 2010

Just my opinion. Attractive threads will make users want to download. Plus those players that are only new around here won't have heard of him.

hi. tried the tactic. first game lost 6 1 away to man u. didnt go down well saying i was liverpool lol, . had a 4.2 win away in champs cup then a nil nil at home ??????
just some times the defence get riped apart... no goals from coners...... great work so far lets hope someone can unearth a maxium hornage again

Just my opinion. Attractive threads will make users want to download. Plus those players that are only new around here won't have heard of him.

Never heard of Mr Hough ? Impossible !

Personally I think the screenshots provided speak for themselves and make the tactic very attractive to download.