Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten

Cheers MrHough. Will definitely be giving this a go. Your other tactics are fantastic

hey Mr. Hough,
could you link me to the 'park the tank' thread,
i'm interested to read more about the nike defence.

This looks amazing MrHough! I'm currently using your other tactic on my Tottenham save and I'm totally dominating, I'll give this a go tomorrow and hopefully it will be as impressive :p

Thanks

My latest result against Man City
HullManCity.jpg

Top of the league by 2 points now.

I'll give this a go.
been using the wonder tactic and it is just that !!!...won the League Cup, FA Cup and Runners Up in the premier league on goal difference with Blackpool, so just about to start a new season, so will give this tactic a go and let you know.

thanks Mr Hough, your tactics are the very best !!!

I love how you explain (Although I wouldnt mind if you wrote 100 pages of your theories and theorems:p) how you make your tactics. I'll try this for sure, and I'll use your knowledge while I'm 'tweaking' my own tactic (If you don't mind).

Edit: Why do you convert the tactic into classic? :p Seems weird to me since I started playing (for real) in April :p

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :D

Last edited:
How the **** are you this good at the game? Amazing, well done. :)

Hi Mr. Hough,

Just wondering if you make any standard changes to the mentality and defensive line in-game depending on certain scenarios? or do you just keep it straight and true? lol :p

I sometimes randomly change things that sound like they'll help me (if i'm searching for a goal let's say), but do you do something more considered?

Thanks in advance,

and if your ego can handle any more praise, awesome tactic!! :)

I'll give this a go.
been using the wonder tactic and it is just that !!!...won the League Cup, FA Cup and Runners Up in the premier league on goal difference with Blackpool, so just about to start a new season, so will give this tactic a go and let you know.

thanks Mr Hough, your tactics are the very best !!!

I think must just be unlucky when I first use your tactics, as tried this with my first 4 games in my new Blackpool season and lost all 4 games. I didn't start well with the older wonder tactic, so going to create another game with the new tactic to see what happens and revert to the older tactic for this Blackpool save as it was so successful before.

I think must just be unlucky when I first use your tactics, as tried this with my first 4 games in my new Blackpool season and lost all 4 games. I didn't start well with the older wonder tactic, so going to create another game with the new tactic to see what happens and revert to the older tactic for this Blackpool save as it was so successful before.
Stick with it. It can take 10-12 games for your team to find some form when starting a new game.

Hi Mr. Hough,

Just wondering if you make any standard changes to the mentality and defensive line in-game depending on certain scenarios? or do you just keep it straight and true? lol :p

I sometimes randomly change things that sound like they'll help me (if i'm searching for a goal let's say), but do you do something more considered?

Thanks in advance,

and if your ego can handle any more praise, awesome tactic!! :)
lol, My ego is recovering from yesterday.

I genrally don't make changes to the tactic but proberly what you could do is use OI's in senarios regarding the AI's 4-2-4 formation.

The OI's i would use are Tight marking and Closing down always On wide players and if the Opposition turns to 4-2-4 use them on the Wide Strikers.

Don't use them on the 2 middle strikers because they are tight marked anyway and if it's anymore your defenders may get turned easier.

Don't use Show To Weaker Foot either because if the Wide player is coming inside the that will mean there will be at least 4 of your defenders and 4 strikers and imagine how congested the box will be, If one of your defenders goes to close down the striker coming inside this will leave gaps around the box for a clinical striker to take advantage of.

Don't use the tackling option either as they are all set up.

So it's closing down and Tight marking always on MR ML AMR AML and wide Strikers.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Completly agree with this, When i tested with Arsenal i thought i'd steam-roll the league and at first i won't winning as comfortable as i thought but after my team found there stride i was winning 3-0 and 3-1.

Thanks for sharing your latest tactic with the forum,will be sure to check it out and give feedback.

tried this tactic last night, my team took to it instantly, we won every match, so called small teams we are battering, so a big thank you Mr Hough
one thing, when the match is actually playing I can't issue touchline instructions or change the mentality from attacking to control is this a deliberate set-up?

tried this tactic last night, my team took to it instantly, we won every match, so called small teams we are battering, so a big thank you Mr Hough
one thing, when the match is actually playing I can't issue touchline instructions or change the mentality from attacking to control is this a deliberate set-up?
It's because the tactic is a classic like the old days instead of the new tactic creator style.

There isn't a way to change it back either.

Well before i "criticise" the tactic, i should criticise the game. FM is too random. It is a computer generating random facts based on numerical values.

I had an old Barcelona save which i gave up because of boredom (created a tactic with which i have not conceeded a goal in 28 consecutive matches in all competitions) so i thought i would try your tactic and i used it over the span of 1 season.

The tactic turned of bad for me. Finished in 4th place in the LIGA .My average goals against went from 0.1/game with my tactic to 1.3 (in the second half of theseason i switched a striker for a DM as i was conceeding a lot)
Before this tactic the Barca save had 5 back to back titles and 2 CLs and 1 CL final.

I don't blame ur tactic i blame the randomness of the game, because when you are down 1-0 after 15 mins, then you come back and make it 3-1 and then you finally lose 4-3 at home against Real when they were down to 10 man from the 35th minute and lost a second one in the 75th minute when i was up 3-2... that is totally random.

So i tried it with Genoa. New start.
After 17 games i was in 14th, and i called it quits after i was equalized in injury time in 3 consecutive games by fellow relegation contenders.

It seems to be a good tactic (it works for others) i played it non stop since you posted it (i need to get a job and some sleep i've been playing FM almost non stop in the last 2 days) but it didn't work for me and i don't blame it on the tactic, i would blame it more on the randomness of the game and also on misfortune.

Cheers mate

Thanks for the promy reply Mr Houghs - like they say if it ant broken do not fix it - again a BIG thank you

Well before i "criticise" the tactic, i should criticise the game. FM is too random. It is a computer generating random facts based on numerical values.

I had an old Barcelona save which i gave up because of boredom (created a tactic with which i have not conceeded a goal in 28 consecutive matches in all competitions) so i thought i would try your tactic and i used it over the span of 1 season.

The tactic turned of bad for me. Finished in 4th place in the LIGA .My average goals against went from 0.1/game with my tactic to 1.3 (in the second half of theseason i switched a striker for a DM as i was conceeding a lot)
Before this tactic the Barca save had 5 back to back titles and 2 CLs and 1 CL final.

I don't blame ur tactic i blame the randomness of the game, because when you are down 1-0 after 15 mins, then you come back and make it 3-1 and then you finally lose 4-3 at home against Real when they were down to 10 man from the 35th minute and lost a second one in the 75th minute when i was up 3-2... that is totally random.

So i tried it with Genoa. New start.
After 17 games i was in 14th, and i called it quits after i was equalized in injury time in 3 consecutive games by fellow relegation contenders.

It seems to be a good tactic (it works for others) i played it non stop since you posted it (i need to get a job and some sleep i've been playing FM almost non stop in the last 2 days) but it didn't work for me and i don't blame it on the tactic, i would blame it more on the randomness of the game and also on misfortune.

Cheers mate
Thanks for trying the tactic, Maybe you could upload your tactic from your barcelona save then i could have a look at the defence and see where i'm going wrong.

One question Mr. Hough.

how the **** are you so amazing at this game!? :D

i think FMbase can only benefit from having someone with your knowledge around, so please, try and become a regular member here at FM-Base, i'm sure i won't be the only one in welcoming you! :D