The times before I got kids, when I had all the time in the world, but also very rewarding with so much nice feedback :) I miss how active the community was back then too. Did fm-base lose a lot of members between FM13 and FM15?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...est-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...langvatns-tactic-thread-updated-13-3-3-a.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/124233-%2A%5Ewho-has-made-best-downloadable-football-manager-tactics-year%5E%2A-14.html

I think it's because making a truly plug and play tactic is much more difficult now than before. Over this year, for example, we've just had copies of the same principle in all tactics: high pressing, ultra attacking, 3 strikers or AML/AMR+one striker.
In the old days there was a greater variation of good tactics because it was easier.

I think it's because making a truly plug and play tactic is much more difficult now than before. Over this year, for example, we've just had copies of the same principle in all tactics: high pressing, ultra attacking, 3 strikers or AML/AMR+one striker.
In the old days there was a greater variation of good tactics because it was easier.

Yup, this year, and last year, there are so few options, which results in many of the tactics turn out similar to each other. In FM13, you had 1-20 instead of on/off on all the settings. That said, I feel that the Central Gambit is really great, even compared to my old FM13 tactics. However, I don't have that much time anymore, with a one-year-old and a two-year-old in the house, so won't be able to test it over 76 games against 20 other tactics in three different custom databases ranking from underdog to mid to top team, like I did over 1900 hours in FM13 :p

Last edited:
update of my corner routine.

changed my other dm to attack goalkeeper because i didnt score from corners a couple of games.

now in 26 games scored 21 corners.

Still sucks that all the best tactics use OI.
Luckily, they announced the OI will be included in FMC 16. :)

If I remove corner tactics, how much worse will this tactic become?

I tried the old final version and average score was 2/3 nil. Had an unbeaten league season with spurs first season. With the new setpiece version it's now 5 nil on average

With the new OI I'm actually on for the 20 game no conceding trophy in steam. I've managed 10 clean sheets loads but usually get fm'd shortly after.
I'm currently on 17 clean sheets

If I remove corner tactics, how much worse will this tactic become?

Depends if you only want to change the corners, or if you want to change the free kicks and throw-ins too. If only corners, I would say around 20 goals per season difference compared to a non-short corner setup.

With the new OI I'm actually on for the 20 game no conceding trophy in steam. I've managed 10 clean sheets loads but usually get fm'd shortly after.
I'm currently on 17 clean sheets

Wow, hope you get it!! Keep us updated! :)

Anyone tried it with a team like Leicester or Crystal Palace? Or even more so, small clubs in Spain like Eibar or Elche.

I'm really interested to see what does this look like when you have a poor team relative to the league. The tactic is on overload and with lone wide players. I suspect you'd be susceptible to a lot of those "I scored 1 from 30 shots and they scored 2 from 2 shots" because of it.

Anyone tried it with a team like Leicester or Crystal Palace? Or even more so, small clubs in Spain like Eibar or Elche.

I'm really interested to see what does this look like when you have a poor team relative to the league. The tactic is on overload and with lone wide players. I suspect you'd be susceptible to a lot of those "I scored 1 from 30 shots and they scored 2 from 2 shots" because of it.

A friend of mine ran a full first season with Elche. Ended on 6th place, qualifying for Europa League. Actually, on your second question there, I think this is the first tactic I have played that actually don't have a lot of those "I scored 1 from 30 shots and they scored 2 from 2 shots" situations. That can still happen of course, it's FM :) But I think it happens WAY less in this one than in any of my other tactics.

Last edited:
I tried for a small while with Pescara in Serie A. Predicted 20th.

Key was to set manual marking with the wide strikers... It will give you a 451 formation when defending. I asked my wide strikers to mark the fullbacks when teams were using wide play. However, in Italy I came across formations where the midfield is loaded so I asked the wide strikers to mark the wide CM players (if any) to match their number in the midfield. That is the charm of football management, not just using some plug and play tactic, but also adapting to the opposition tactics.

As far as the results go, my ****** strikers were always able to score, but my ****** defenders were not always able to defend. So I guess, it comes down to the quality of the players as well as how much damage the opposition decides to inflict on you, based on Home/Away games, your odds, your pre-match conference comments etc.

A friend of mine ran a full first season with Elche. Ended on 6th place, qualifying for Europa League. Actually, on your second question there, I think this is the first tactic I have played that actually don't have a lot of those "I scored 1 from 30 shots and they scored 2 from 2 shots" situations. That can still happen of course, it's FM :) But I think it happens WAY less in this one than in any of my other tactics.

Interesting. I've tried loads of these super aggressive 433 variations and they produce a lot of those. Alternatively, you dominate, score a goal or two and then the AI starts playing super aggressive and they inevitably create some good chances and then it's a matter of luck whether they score or you score more from counter attacks.

I've run extensive tests with Deportivo with many of these popular tactics, sometimes even on the course of 4-5 seasons. I always overperform, finish between 3rd and 6th place, but there's no way I can get even close to Real or Barca, even in season 4 or 5 when I really assemble a good team, capable of doing that.

Since this is on overload, it means basically all of your team is throwing themselves at the opposition as fast as possible. The AI is known to handle that very poorly when they try to play normal tactics and only manage to get out of it when they go gung-ho themselves. The defending is rather poor on FM 15.

Interesting. I've tried loads of these super aggressive 433 variations and they produce a lot of those. Alternatively, you dominate, score a goal or two and then the AI starts playing super aggressive and they inevitably create some good chances and then it's a matter of luck whether they score or you score more from counter attacks.

I've run extensive tests with Deportivo with many of these popular tactics, sometimes even on the course of 4-5 seasons. I always overperform, finish between 3rd and 6th place, but there's no way I can get even close to Real or Barca, even in season 4 or 5 when I really assemble a good team, capable of doing that.

Since this is on overload, it means basically all of your team is throwing themselves at the opposition as fast as possible. The AI is known to handle that very poorly when they try to play normal tactics and only manage to get out of it when they go gung-ho themselves. The defending is rather poor on FM 15.

Hmmm. I would like to try Deportivo now, as I'm sure with this tactic you should be able to win Liga BBVA at least by season 3, maybe 2, depending on what kind of budget you get.

But you need to do everything perfect then. Get tactic 100% fluid before league start, set OI's, set manual marking, and keep the players happy, focus on team cohesion, etc.

Hmmm. I would like to try Deportivo now, as I'm sure with this tactic you should be able to win Liga BBVA at least by season 3, maybe 2, depending on what kind of budget you get.

But you need to do everything perfect then. Get tactic 100% fluid before league start, set OI's, set manual marking, and keep the players happy, focus on team cohesion, etc.

On FMC that's all easier; no fluidity, keeping players happy and team cohesion is MUCH easier since they don't complain all the time like on full FM. You can set manual marking as well, the only problem is lack of OI. Try it on FMC (it's way faster), I'd be curious to see your progress. :)

On FMC that's all easier; no fluidity, keeping players happy and team cohesion is MUCH easier since they don't complain all the time like on full FM. You can set manual marking as well, the only problem is lack of OI. Try it on FMC (it's way faster), I'd be curious to see your progress. :)

But I don't want to play without OI's :) The tactic gets like 30-40% better with OI's :)

Yeah, as I said yesterday: "too bad it relies on OI that much like most other successful tactics". :(

It still works without OI's, you just win 3-0 instead of 5-0 :)

I didn't even set any OI's before in my 4th season. And I've won Champions League every year without it.

Look at this screenshot. This is before I set OI's even. Champions League group stage second season.

Last edited:
Wow, hope you get it!! Keep us updated! :)

No doubt I'll get to the 20th game and the other team despite being dominated will score a 40 yard goal from a player who has a 1 in finishing and it's his first goal of the season!!