First season, without OI's.

And do you notice the shots/chance to goals ratio? Not like other tactics!

I tried for a small while with Pescara in Serie A. Predicted 20th.

Key was to set manual marking with the wide strikers... It will give you a 451 formation when defending. I asked my wide strikers to mark the fullbacks when teams were using wide play. However, in Italy I came across formations where the midfield is loaded so I asked the wide strikers to mark the wide CM players (if any) to match their number in the midfield. That is the charm of football management, not just using some plug and play tactic, but also adapting to the opposition tactics.

As far as the results go, my ****** strikers were always able to score, but my ****** defenders were not always able to defend. So I guess, it comes down to the quality of the players as well as how much damage the opposition decides to inflict on you, based on Home/Away games, your odds, your pre-match conference comments etc.

Thanks for the tip about the manual marking by the way! It made the tactic way stronger! And good advice to people playing in Italy!

great tactic. only used back end of season 1 and 3 games of season 2 but really enjoyable. i play as united on lfc marshall update.
season 2
arsenal charity shield 4-1
psg super cup 3-1
everton away 1-1

have just implemented the ois and the manual marking to the JSTWEAK11 tactic and destroyed QPR 9-0 they didnt even register a single shot.
i think for harder games i will employ this one and for easy games use the JSTWEAK.
great tactic mr langvatn!!!

just played villa away using Mr Ls tactic. was 4-0 inside 10mins. final score was 6-1. i decided to man mark the two winger instead of full backs not sure if it made any difference but what a ******* great game to watch!!

just played villa away using Mr Ls tactic. was 4-0 inside 10mins. final score was 6-1. i decided to man mark the two winger instead of full backs not sure if it made any difference but what a ******* great game to watch!!

If you want to dominate weaker opposition more, you can always go with inverted wingbacks in that tactic too. Like this:

i shall give it a try!
using the combination of this tactic and the jstweak. martial currently has 13 goals in 6 games

No doubt I'll get to the 20th game and the other team despite being dominated will score a 40 yard goal from a player who has a 1 in finishing and it's his first goal of the season!!

Soooo? Did you make it? :) I've never made that achievement before, not even in FM13 with the Rock Classic! Waiting in excitement here :)

i shall give it a try!
using the combination of this tactic and the jstweak. martial currently has 13 goals in 6 games

Personally, I don't find it necessary to move the backs up to wingback position against smaller teams. Usually win big anyway, and then I don't need to train my players for more positions. Training players for more positions make them use some of their potential ability on stats they don't need for the role I want them to play in.

This is what I was talking about. It's only one game, but still a representation of my concerns I described above. They annihilated us on the counter.

H4ryo8x.png

Personally, I don't find it necessary to move the backs up to wingback position against smaller teams. Usually win big anyway, and then I don't need to train my players for more positions. Training players for more positions make them use some of their potential ability on stats they don't need for the role I want them to play in.

i dont move any positions or change roles i just man marked the wingers instead of the full backs, again not sure if it made a difference just thought i would try it.

This is what I was talking about. It's only one game, but still a representation of my concerns I described above. They annihilated us on the counter.

H4ryo8x.png

K, maybe the OI's are more important for lesser teams I guess. Or it could just be the well known fm randomness messing with you :) Try some more games and see.

Last edited:
i dont move any positions or change roles i just man marked the wingers instead of the full backs, again not sure if it made a difference just thought i would try it.

Try it some more and share with us :) Marking wingers I mean..

I think we've established that it works phenomenally with good teams by now. :p

shirajzl, I'll tell you what! I will start a new save with a lesser team, and make the adjustments that are needed to make an underdog version of the tactic!

But with the OI's and the manual marking, it should work pretty well for lesser teams too!

Exactly my point, people should play with lesser teams so that we see how things go, instead of just posting amazing results with good teams.
I like your tactics and wouldn't want your thread to turn into another "wow, look how good my tactic is with Barcelona, United, Juventus...it works with smaller teams as well, like Porto". :)