But, is Deportivo underdog enough?

They are, media prediction 15th in a league where Barca and Real are so out of this world. All the teams predicted to finish in the bottom half are more or less in the same situation if you aim to win the title eventually.

They are, media prediction 15th in a league where Barca and Real are so out of this world. All the teams predicted to finish in the bottom half are more or less in the same situation if you aim to win the title eventually.

Ok, Deportivo it is!

I'm guessing changing OI's to close down less in advanced areas (in OI's, so that our defensive midfielders dont go out of their way to pressure opposing team DM's + increasing the tempo might do everything we need as underdogs. Gonna test that.

Last edited:
For the fellow who lost to Granada, you should have dropped deeper after sensing what they are trying to do.

Reference: Chelsea's Jose Mourinho mocks critics of his tactics as 'stupid, football philosophers' - Mirror Online

Some of the underdog teams, when they win the ball, try to launch a long ball behind your D-line. Dropping deep will ensure that you can just win it or sweep it using defenders with good positioning.

Of course, but that's not the point of plug and play tactics.
I know I can get results if I watch closely what's happening on the pitch and adjust my tactics accordingly. That's not what this subforum is about, though. This is the place where people just want to plug in a tactic and never worry about it, we're trying to see if it's still possible like in the old days.

Of course, but that's not the point of plug and play tactics.
I know I can get results if I watch closely what's happening on the pitch and adjust my tactics accordingly. That's not what this subforum is about, though. This is the place where people just want to plug in a tactic and never worry about it, we're trying to see if it's still possible like in the old days.

It is possible :) Just gimme an hour or two, and I will have the underdog version ready

This is what it looks like without OI, but with manual marking. It's not bad by any means, but if you look at my goal difference, it's not difficult to conclude all my games have been a coin toss. :)

d5AaSgZ.png

What a absolutely crazy tactic.

I popped it into my AC Milan save early december first season(Marshall Updated) I did at the start of the game splash cash to get Sead Kolasinac LB, who I trained to do the bullet throws.

That was the only transfer, Literally went undefeated from New Years and out. Winning 5 pts clear of Juve.
Adriano bagged 42 goals in 33 Serie Á games, from the AF possition

Now in late november 2nd season Im sitting safe in top of Serie A, and drew Barca Ajax and Molde in CL.

Barca 5-0 at Home 3-1 away, Ajax 7-1 at home, Napoli 6-0 away. With pretty much Season 1 team apart from Shaarawy is back from Loan.

Im playing with man marking, and the OIs without some of the hard tackling, had some trouble with Cards, though I think its more the fact that im sticking with De Jong more than the tactic.

Im gonna patiently await the Underdog tactic, and load up with Crystal Palace.

Great work MR L, cant upload any SS from this PC unfortunatly.

Got tired of dominating with Rosenborg, so i'm going to try the tactic in Scottish League 2

How did the individual training of quickness on every player go Mr. L?

How did the individual training of quickness on every player go Mr. L?

Went very well, only did that for a while though, just wanted them to become a little bit quicker before I started training them to their roles.

Would you say the attribute "corner" is important for your fullbacks? Cause in scottish league 2 there aren't many good players, and they are really really bad at corners, so i'm wondering if I should train them abit on that attribute.

I think the underdog tactic will turn out better for any team. I've made a lot of changes to it, transformed it into a route-one beast! I'm actually afraid of posting the results, because it's so unbelievable that it looks untrustworthy..... I want to lose on purpose!