Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
New and better tactic -------> Mr L 4-1-2-3 Dominatrix - Hard as the Rock

Hi guys!

As my newest tactic, "4-2-1-3 Central Gambit", has been so well recieved in my tactic centre thread, I thought it deserved its own thread, with all the information about it in one place.

First of all, it is super stable in the back, with one DM and one BWM, both in DM position. Second, it scores a buttload of goals from a big variety of sources; open play, free kicks, throw-ins and corners. Third, the tactic is just as good away as home. Literally no points or goals difference!

Here you can see the formation:

View attachment 227419

Here is some useful information about the tactic:

- Left fullback takes left corners

- Right fullback takes right corners

- Right fullback takes throw-ins both sides
(If you change this if you have a better DL to take throw-ins, you must also change throw-in instructions; If you set DL to take throw-ins, then you must set DL to stay back and DR to go forward!

- Best free kick taker takes free kicks

- STCR and STCL work best if they can use both feet. If you don't have that, go left-foot STCR and right-foot STCL

- Manually set STCR to mark DL/WBL

- Manually set STCL to mark DR/WBR

- This tactic won't work too well with "instant result", as manual marking is very important! It literally gives you two more men defending!

Here is how to manually set marking (pictures from TFF's thread):

Step 1 (click the link)
Step 2 (click the link)
Step 3 (click the link)

NB! You have to do this before every match, and remember that if the player you have set to be marked gets substituted by the opposition manager, then the marking stops working, and you will have to re-apply it.

Opposition Instructions:

View attachment 227395
NB! Remember to un-tick assistant manager if the option for him to set OI's is ticked.

Training:

View attachment 227388View attachment 227387

More information will come shortly. I just need to gather up screenshots from the other thread etc.

Last edited:
Manually set OI's will come soon to improve results even further!

Manual OI's!!!

Wow!!!! Against Barcelona, really?

Last edited:
Hi Mr Langvatn

thanks for the tactic

What about the team training?

The
STCR should be left footed and the STCL should be right footed?

cheers

Hi Mr Langvatn

thanks for the tactic

What about the team training?

The
STCR should be left footed and the STCL should be right footed?

cheers

I will provide information about training. Next thing on my to-do-list for the thread :)

Best is if you have STCR and STCL who can use both feet. If you don't, it's better to use STCR left-footed and vice versa yes. But it also works without.

Well since you've only tried it with one team, I'll give it a go with a crappy team and see how it fares. Aston Villa, here we come...

Well since you've only tried it with one team, I'll give it a go with a crappy team and see how it fares. Aston Villa, here we come...

Good :) Remember to set the OI's, the manual marking and the correct set piece takers :) If you do that, I believe you can do pretty darn well.

how about filters? please

I don't use any filters myself, because many times you filter out good players just because they don't have the "right" attributes yet. Just go with generally good players in each position. You don't need to have perfect match between role and player stats.

Got beat by ManU 3-0, then beat Arsenal 3-2. All 3 of my goals were from the Corner Cheat, but hey, a win is a win. I could see this working great for big teams, since it gives a lot of shots and attack. Small teams is a mixed bag, because they can't defend at all.

View attachment 227358

Got beat by ManU 3-0, then beat Arsenal 3-2. All 3 of my goals were from the Corner Cheat, but hey, a win is a win. I could see this working great for big teams, since it gives a lot of shots and attack. Small teams is a mixed bag, because they can't defend at all.

View attachment 947317

You cannot judge a tactic how well it works after two matches though. I have many friends, and people at the other thread, sharing full-season results with underdog teams wildly overperforming. Which media prediction is Aston Villa by the way?

Last edited:
You cannot judge a tactic how well it works after two matches though. I have many friends, and people at the other thread, sharing full-season results with underdog teams wildly overperforming. Which media prediction is Aston Villa by the way?

Haha, take it easy. I know that's only two matches. I was simply giving an update.

I am pressing on with it and will play a whole season, as that's the only way you can ever really test a tactic. No swimming, no instant results, just a full season of play.

Aston Villa is predicted 17th, so, like I said, any win against Arsenal is a good win for them.

Haha, take it easy. I know that's only two matches. I was simply giving an update.

I am pressing on with it and will play a whole season, as that's the only way you can ever really test a tactic. No swimming, no instant results, just a full season of play.

Aston Villa is predicted 17th, so, like I said, any win against Arsenal is a good win for them.

Good we are on the same page :) Good luck with your season! I look forward to more updates :)