Oh I see you've got a new formation now, I'll begin testing with this one.

With the old one I found that you get punished a lot on the counter, I'm not surprised considering it's on Overload anyway. 20 shots on goal against most teams at home and an average of 4 CCC after 30 games. I struggled away with this tactic against big teams those so I swapped to Counter V3 at half time.

The new formation has 3 central defenders , whereas one of them is a limited defender with cover duty, so he will clear up those counters pretty good :)

Meh, if you can't beat'em, join'em :) I'm gonna use Postrotok's Danilo tactic, it's better than mine, and it's just too much work trying to create something that's just a tad better...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...mes-win-46-c-milan-goal-difference-100-a.html

Go give this guy the credit he deserves for making a perfect tactic for FM14 :)

(NB! For tough away games, I suggest using the Away tweak I made for it, which is available at my front page)

Last edited:
I think that the original is better than v2 after testing both, the original il incredible :)

I think that the original is better than v2 after testing both, the original il incredible :)

Yeah, it's insane :) I'm facerolling through everything with Liverpool. A friend of mine won Premier League first season with Southampton with it too.

This tactic sucks...

View attachment 375698

:p

First game, first win...and WHAT a win! It's not even fluid yet!
Ok, my team is a little overpowered, and Mallorca is rubbish...but still :D

I will start a new thread soon, a tactic testing league for my own tactics, like last year. Every time I make a new tactic, it will be run through the test and placed in a table at the front page.

Does this format look good? Anything missing before I start the thread?

Mr Langvatn’s New and Improved Tactic Thread

Hey guys! It is time to properly test each and every tactic I make in the same test template save file. In addition to testing my own tactics here, I will also include other popular tactics for reference. I do this mainly for my own purpose, as I always strive to make a better tactic, but I will share the results of my testing, in case anyone is interested.

This time around, I have decided to place the test team in the English Premier League, frankly because that’s the league I play the most when I play FM. I cannot guarantee that the top tactics here will work just as well in every other country in the world.

About the test team
CA/PA of the players is 140, and the team is predicted to end in 7th​ place, however, the team has to be considered weaker than any other 7th​ place media prediction team in the EPL, because the test team’s players have flat stats; meaning that they don’t have very high stats in the different roles. It is possible to change these stats to be dynamic, but in my opinion this will favor some tactics more than what tactics can gain from flat stats. This is a choice one has to make in order to do a proper tactic test, and I have made my choice.

I will not provide a lot of information about each tactic tested, as I am only interested in creating a top notch tactic, and I need a good testing tool such as this database to do so.

If your tactic does not do well in the test, please don’t question my integrity. I am a very honest guy, and I promise that all tests are performed 100% equally.

I use FMRTE to make all tactics 100% fluid, all players get max morale at the start of the season and all players are healed at the start of the season. This way, every tactic will get the same point of departure. In addition, I use the same save file for each test, so every test has the same fixtures list. I will use "instant result" for all games, not holiday. (Will1981 has confirmed that the results are the same for instant result and watching the games now)

Testing Table for 14.3.1

TacticTableW/D/LGAGDCorner GPoints

Thanks to DazSwann for giving me a good base to work on!

Will adjust the CA/PA of the players so that it will be extremely hard to win the league, but possible. (Have to increase it a bit from 140, perhaps 145 or 150)

When the test template is complete and ready for testing, I will create the new thread.

Some changes:

Mr Langvatn’s New and Improved Tactic Thread

Hey guys! It is time to properly test each and every tactic I make in the same test template save file. In addition to testing my own tactics here, I will also include other popular tactics for reference. I do this mainly for my own purpose, as I always strive to make a better tactic, but I will share the results of my testing, in case anyone is interested.

This time around, I have decided to place the test team in the English Premier League, frankly because that’s the league I play the most when I play FM. I cannot guarantee that the top tactics here will work just as well in every other country in the world. The tests will be done in a pure plug and play manner, and the training is set to balanced/defensive positioning default %.

About the test team
CA/PA of the players is 160, and the team is predicted to end in 4th​ place, however, the team has to be considered weaker than any other 4th​ place media prediction team in the EPL, because the test team’s players have flat stats; meaning that they don’t have very high stats in the different roles. It is possible to change these stats to be dynamic, but in my opinion this will favor some tactics more than what tactics can gain from flat stats. This is a choice one has to make in order to do a proper tactic test, and I have made my choice.

I will not provide a lot of information about each tactic tested, as I am only interested in creating a top notch tactic, and I need a good testing tool such as this database to do so.

If your tactic does not do well in the test, please don’t question my integrity. I am a very honest guy, and I promise that all tests are performed 100% equally.

I use FMRTE to make all tactics 100% fluid, all players get max morale at the start of the season and all players are healed at the start of the season. This way, every tactic will get the same point of departure. In addition, I use the same save file for each test, so every test has the same fixtures list. I will use "instant result" for all games, not holiday. (Will1981 has confirmed that the results are the same for instant result and watching the games now)

Testing Table for 14.3.1

Tactic
Table
W/D/L
GA
GD
Corner G
FA

Thanks to DazSwann for providing me with a good base to work on!