But all of them are taken in the "short" way?

No, I've seen some of them being crossed into the box, so it should maybe be your best corner taker. In any case, this is just a temporary corner fix from another author, until I crack it myself.

I'm done creating a test database now, so will start testing thoroughly tonight :)

Which one would you recommend for a team that has been in the premier league for 2 seasons but always being around the drop zone?

The 5-2-1-2 is ok at home but I'm getting absolutely slaughtered in away games. Using Man Utd this is not working at all for me. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what version you find the best?

Hey Mr Langvatn, that 4-4-1-1 you made seem to be a really good tactic, at least for LL teams in FMT. :) I love the way we are playing, the Wrexham game we had a DC sent off in the 9th min. We are expected to fight for avoiding relegation, I know its early in the season but it is looking good.
View attachment 212661

That would be due to RNG, not changes in ME. But, it also depends WHEN the tactic was made. I made mine 2 days before release, and between then and the full game release, there were no changes. Before that, there were 10 ME changes DURING the Beta.
Well that explains why they said that lol I didn't know there's that many ME changes during the beta.

Anyway, do you use a specific tactic for away games? I'm using 4-2-3-1 and absolutely slaughtered by Chelsea who exploits the flanks through Hazard and Willian (Hazard especially). It's so hard to win away games, and even harder to keep a clean sheet :/

I will have more information soon, as to which tactic is best in different situations etc. I just need to start testing them properly, but these things take a little time, so you either have to experiment yourselves or have patience :) It's very early, game release yesterday, so I'm not sitting on all the answers yet :)

The 5-2-1-2 is ok at home but I'm getting absolutely slaughtered in away games. Using Man Utd this is not working at all for me. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what version you find the best?

In my first season with Liverpool, I beat Man City away only 2-1, but I dominated the game. They had 3 shots on target, I had 9. I also had 3 clear cuts, while they had 1. I haven't played too many matches with it though, so haven't faced Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal away yet. Anyway, I will know for sure soon which of the variations are best away and which are best at home, and of course which is the best one overall.

Last edited:
Test parameters in the custom database

1. Using the same savefile for every tactic tested (so they get the same schedule)

2. Used FMRTE to set all players’ age to 17 in order to have 40 available players. This is because I want every tactic to have the same chances in regard to player types.

3. All players are real players from the EPL with CA ranging from 135-145.

4. There are lots of different player types available, and several of each type.

5. Used FMRTE to freeze players fitness and morale to 100%, so that “bad luck” in one game doesn’t affect the next. Equal chance every match for every tactic.

6. Used FMRTE to set tactics to 100% fluid before the first league match.

7. Since the tactic test is set in the EPL, the test results are limited to that league. However, this is usually a pretty good indication anyway, since the EPL has a lot of different formations to face.

8. There are no team talks, as this is a random element that I want to omit.

9. Assistant manager does not do OI’s, as this is also a random element that I want to omit.

10. Removed all players’ preferred positions in the FM Editor, so that all tactics have an equal starting point.

11. Removed all players’ ppms in the FM Editor, also to make sure all tactics have an equal starting point.

12. Reputation of test team set to 7000, to resemble a mid-table / sub-top team in the EPL

13. Only testing one tactic at a time, to avoid tactics facing each other, as that would result in less accurate results for players who don't play online (like myself).

14. Used FMRTE to set the stat “injury proneness” to “1” for all players.

15. Media prediction is 7th.

16. Due to the randomness of the game, if you test tactics in a normal game, without any altering, then it would probably take around 500 matches to get accurate test results. With a custom database and the help of FMRTE, you can reduce this number multiplicatively many times. This also means that if you decide to test a tactic yourself, in a normal game, even a season-long result may be misleading as to whether it's a good tactic or not. A good way to see this is to make 2 savefiles in the same game. Play a season on both savefiles. Then you will most probably see quite different results, but if you COMBINE these two season-long results, and divide everything by 2, this average will be the most accurate result of the three options. To achieve test results that are as accurate as my tests, you would have to play through that same season on many more savefiles, then find the average.
In addition, there are no teams in the game which have more or less equally good players for all positions. Thus, any real team will favour some tactics more than others, which then results in very inaccurate test results.

Last edited:
I will also do some reference testing, including some of the other tactics on the forum. This is not to "show off", this is more of a way for me to see if if there is more potential to reach. In fact, I hope that some reference tactics will outperform mine, as that will give me incentive to make even better tactics.

Had some very poor results with another tactic, so switched to this one. Won 4 of the last 6 games of the season with 1 loss being 4-1 clear cut chances to us so I think its definitely a good tactic to use.

Had some very poor results with another tactic, so switched to this one. Won 4 of the last 6 games of the season with 1 loss being 4-1 clear cut chances to us so I think its definitely a good tactic to use.

Lots of information about all my 6 tactics will come soon. I just have to run them through the test database one season each. Almost done with the first. 5 to go :)

After a season-long test, I've found that my original corner setup is actually better than the one in the v2s, even though that was pretty bad too. 10 corner goals in my original corner setup, but only 5 goals in v2. Does anyone have a corner setup yet that gives at least 15 corner goals?