Will1981 are you using the standard Sicilian Defence tactic or your winger version for all those results and screenshots that you posted here? Or do you use a combination of both? Would appreciate if you could elaborate a bit.

Also, what type of player should I get for ML and MR positions, after the 1st season I've sold a big part of my average squad and have about 300m to spend, I don't even need to buy any players for my 2nd season but I would like to get the best players for ML and MR positions instead of using youngsters like Zivkovic and Amiri. Do I go for Mahrez and Douglas Costa or can cheaper players like Ward-Prowse, Albrighton and Sarabia fit into this tactic better? I want to get the maximum out of those positions and the tactic itself since the wide midfielders are obviously key for this.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The picture above is my 1st season with Liverpool with their default squad, also won the Europa League, lost the Carling Cup final and got knocked out of the FA cup by Chelsea with my B squad. Defensively it's extremely solid, almost 50% of the games in total were clean sheets but I didn't score too many goals, only Ings had a perfect goal per game ratio. Coutinho underperfomed in the MR position while Milner was incredible for some reason. I'm also looking to get a couple of fullbacks with great crossing like Cresswell since they just spam crosses all game long and are also key to this tactic.

Last edited:
I think a sweeper keeper role would suit this tactic much better since the tactic uses offside trap and the only defensive "weakness" are one on ones that it often gives against pacey strikers and wingers. So a keeper with good one on ones and rushing out would be ideal I think.

What sort of strikers do we need for this tactic ?? Do I just sign the best strikers available like cavani , Ronaldo etc ??

I've really enjoyed the 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense v5 on the front. The only issue is my team (Wrexham, now in league 2) stinks when I watch them. I will lose 4-1, 3-1 or tie a terrible team when I watch. Then, when I do instant result (in FM Touch), I win 4-1 or 3-1. I ran a test with four "tougher" opponents, I lost 2-1, 4-1, 5-2 when I watched. Then, I re-played each with instant result and won 3-1, 2-0 and 1-0. Is there something I could be doing? All I do is sub when someone is injured/tired or if they have a terrible start (ie, end up with a 6.0-6.4 rating at half and make a bunch of mistakes). I do set the OI to the setting when I watch (ML/AML and MR/AMR set to tight marking) and don't in instant result. It's just a little odd as I like to watch the big games but I don't want to lose them by doing that!

I've really enjoyed the 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense v5 on the front. The only issue is my team (Wrexham, now in league 2) stinks when I watch them. I will lose 4-1, 3-1 or tie a terrible team when I watch. Then, when I do instant result (in FM Touch), I win 4-1 or 3-1. I ran a test with four "tougher" opponents, I lost 2-1, 4-1, 5-2 when I watched. Then, I re-played each with instant result and won 3-1, 2-0 and 1-0. Is there something I could be doing? All I do is sub when someone is injured/tired or if they have a terrible start (ie, end up with a 6.0-6.4 rating at half and make a bunch of mistakes). I do set the OI to the setting when I watch (ML/AML and MR/AMR set to tight marking) and don't in instant result. It's just a little odd as I like to watch the big games but I don't want to lose them by doing that!

Experienced the same thing. Unattractive football. I switched to Knap

Doesn't matter how many tactics they create. 442 deep sicilian defense v5 still being the best tactic already created.
works for big and small teams of any level or league.

Looking good but im united as well and im not having the best results, my tactic is about 75 % and ive signed candreva and asamoah any ideas?

I don't know i just sell some players and buy young wonderkids, good staff and I play about 85% matches without instant result button and don't forget set opposition instructions.

Last edited:
I don't know i just sell some players and buy young wonderkids, good staff and I play about 85% matches without instant result button and don't forget set opposition instructions.
Do you just use tight marking on wingers? and are you using just the original deep sicilian defence v5? or the one with wingers?

Need some help deciding what sort of players to go for using this tactic and the best individual training to use for the younger regens ??