Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

I've been using the 7-2-1 Counter-Ninjas formation with the DML/R moved back to DL/R due to lack of wing backs and had really good success with Portsmouth since getting into the Championship with back to back promotions from the start in L2.
Championship : 10th-4th(promoted through playoffs)
Premier : 10th(FA Cup semi)-5th-2nd(FA Cup final/Euro Cup winner)
This is with transfers: Incoming 85K, outgoing 21M(A lot of loans also, a few with fees)
I did also use the 3 CD(Again with DR/L) version for some of the harder games in the Premier, but the need has been getting less and less.
I have Real Madrid, Inter and Galatasaray in my Champions League group this season, we'll see how it goes! :)

Last edited:
A lot of thanks for making this Langvatn , Very very very interesting thread , I can't wait to see magic box results .

So what tactic do you advise, Mr Lagvatn, for a team like Sporting Lisbon?

Counter-Ninjas, Danilo, any of the top ones :) Pick the one that fits your squad best :)
Probably being stupid but are there instructions for the ninja tactic to make it effective? players and training etc

Last edited:
Please Please Please somebody help me on this post. I am really struggling with this game and I want to try this ninja tactic. Do I just look for players for their position and acceleration as a must.

Cheers
Ian

First of all, i cannot belive my eyes that people after sooo many forum treads/posts still ask for training.
Training is according to what you need to improve!!!
If you need more speed, train the players on that field. Obviously training a 30 year old for pace is going to be a lot less usefull than a 17 year old, but you still can do it to slow down the deteriation.

Training in general is runned on Tactic - VERY HIGH in ALL tactics in pre season to get fluid formation. Once season starts, Swap to Team Cohision if you bought ANY new players, and run that for 4-5 weeks atleast (depening on the amount of new players).

Once everything there is sorted you would Normaly swap to balenced with avrage intensity, UNLESS, and here is the key: you want to score more goal and dissregard defence, then you focus on attack. if yo uwant to be more solid defencively and feel you do not need more attacking training, go defence, kinda obviouse how it works right?

And so forth.

Now regarding MAtch training, i would keep it on tactic in general, and every month check the fixtures, and add according to them. AKA if its a trashteam you should win easy, focus on attack match training for that game. IF assistant manager tell you you should focus on defencive set pices, thats alllll up to you, but you should definetivly check the report for each opponent he delivers, and f they score 90% of goals from set pices, then it would be stupid to not focus on that would it not?

just think, please. It's realy not that hard.

When wanting to try a new formation, SAVE, duplicate the SAVE. Focus on 1 thing on one save, if it does not work, load the other save and focus on smthing else!

but conn, what player training do i need to make a tactic work?

what PLAYER training do i need to make a TACTIC work

please conn help me :)

Loll Tacman <)

Last edited:
For you Liverpool fans out there! One screenshot is from the first season (no transfers). The other screenshot is from the second season, with Falcao as the only signing.

This is what the 4-2-3-1 Deep Purple can do (for FM13) :)

He don't like 14 so he can work on 13 for as long as he wants

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk