Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Mr Langvatn

Reaction score
Mr Langvatn - New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Update 26.10.2014: I have a new thread, together with Jesaustralia, for FM13. Check it out! (Many new tactics): http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...est-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones.html

UPDATE July 21st 2014:

With defensive inspiration (3 CB's) from TFF's Unreal Defense tactic, I have made an even better version of Counter-Ninjas. The playstyle is the same as before, however much more aggressive now. This is the final version of counter-ninjas:
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/40234085/file.html

My best work in FM14:
7-2-1 Counter-Ninjas (Find link in the tables below)

If you experience problems breaking up teams that park their bus against you (only against lesser teams), you can try this version:
Mr L 7-2-1 Tiki-Taka Ninjas

This time around, I have decided to place the test team in the English Premier League, frankly because that is the league I play the most when I play FM. I cannot guarantee that the top tactics here will work just as well in every other country in the world. The tests will be done in a pure plug and play manner, and the training is set to balanced/defensive positioning default %.

We test each tactic 6 times in total (228 games per tactic tested), three each table (sub-top table and sub-bottom table).

The tactic testing squad:
Mr Langvatn
Andrichbrand
Dbotiger
Lucho616

About the test teams

Sub-top team: CA/PA of the players is 160, and the team is predicted to end in 4th​ place, however, the team has to be considered much weaker than any other 4th​ place media prediction team in the EPL, because the test team players have flat stats; meaning that they do not have very high stats in the different roles. It is possible to change these stats to be dynamic, but in my opinion this will favor some tactics more than what tactics can gain from flat stats. This is a choice one has to make in order to do a proper tactic test, and I have made my choice.

Sub-bottom team: CA/PA of the players is 135, and the team is predicted to end in ?th place. Other stuff, same as above.

I will not provide a lot of information about each tactic tested, as I am only interested in creating a top notch tactic, and I need a good testing tool such as this database to do so.

If your tactic does not do well in the test, please do not question my integrity. I am a very honest guy, and I promise that all tests are performed 100% equally.

I use FMRTE to make all tactics 100% fluid, and to freeze the players at maximum morale and fitness. This way, every tactic will get the same point of departure before every single game. In addition, I use the same save file for each test, so every test has the same fixtures list. I will use "instant result" for all games, not holiday. (Will1981 has confirmed that the results are the same for instant result and watching the games now)

Scoreboard for sub-Top Teams (CA/PA 160) (NB! We don't calculate points until all three testers have tested the same tactic.)

TacticPlayedWD
L
GFGAPoints
Danilo.tac38x326,77,34,094,337,087,3
Steaton's_Total_Annihilation_v2.tac38x327,35,35,394,039,387,3
Locksmith.tac38x325,08,64,376,631,383,6
4-4-2 back to basic by andrichbrand.tac
38x325,08,05,078,330,383,0
Callamity.tac38x323,37,37,061,627,078,3
TFF_Perfection_V2.tac38x323,38,06,775,337,778,0
38x3
38x3

Testing Table for sub-top teams (CA/PA 160)

Scoreboard for sub-bottom teams (CA/PA 135)

TacticPlayedW/D/LGFGAPoints
Danilo.tac38x318,6/7,6/11,679,663,663,6
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3
38x3

Testing Table for sub-bottom teams (CA/PA 135)

Best corner setup (Average of 6 tests):

1. N/A
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. N/A
5. N/A

Thanks to DazSwann for providing me with a good base to work on!

Stay tuned! Testing in this format takes a little longer time than usual, but in the end we have a much more reliable result than any other test done before!

Last edited:
Perhaps some moderator can fix the title of the thread, the apostrophe got changed to a question mark :p

If I can make a recommendation...you can run the tactic that you test twice and take an average, that should give you a broader idea.

Given that it will take longer but it will stop people for ******** and moaning (well as much as possible, but there will still be one or two).

I am running Danilo through the test now, to see if it manages to win the league. If it can win the league, I will lower the CA/PA before further testing.

If I can make a recommendation...you can run the tactic that you test twice and take an average, that should give you a broader idea.

Given that it will take longer but it will stop people for ******** and moaning (well as much as possible, but there will still be one or two).

A good thing would be if I had a testing partner that runs the same save and then take the average. Anyone want to help test, just let me know. We can talk via skype. (You need to have FMRTE)

Last edited:
A good thing would be if I had a testing partner that runs the same save and then take the average. Anyone want to help test, just let me know. We can talk via skype.
I am up for it, as there is not much going on in my job at the moment.

One thing I can do is provide 2 tables, one for sub-top and one for sub-bottom teams. I think I will do that actually.

andrichbrand is now helping me test, so now we have the option to test tactics twice and place the average/total in the tables! So we test each tactic four times in total, two each tester and two each table!

We will first test some tactics in the 160 base, then move on to test the same tactics in the 135 base.

andrichbrand is now helping me test, so now we have the option to test tactics twice and place the average/total in the tables! So we test each tactic four times in total, two each tester and two each table!

Awesome idea mate, interested to see how it works out. All the best!!

Results from a couple tactics will come tonight. Gotta go afk for 6 hours now, then i'll be back to continue testing.

Looking forward to the results mate, keep up the good work lads