Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre FM14

I wanna test the tactic as it is, all attacking and all tackling hard. I know it's not ideal for a lower prem side like Cardiff, but wanna see if they can survive with it :)

I'm sure you'll get a top tactic for all pal... last year you rolled them out 1 after another so surely you can this time. but like you say the choice to fiddle is less

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll get a top tactic for all pal... last year you rolled them out 1 after another so surely you can this time. but like you say the choice to fiddle is less

Ye, the "supertactics" enabling people to win the EPL first season with lower sides are long gone. Now it's all about overachieving as much as possible, but there is a limit, unless you are extremely lucky with the rolls :)

This year its about over achieving and knowing when to go for damage limitation

Ok, I needed to remove the "tackle harder" option. With Cardiff I get red cards way too often.

Here it is without the hard tackles:

Mr Langvatn 4-3-3 Angels Reborn for this tactic did you use any oi or should i change its mentality when playing against big team ( like overload to counter)

No idea if that tactic works on 14.3.1. But to answer your question, I didn't change mentality or OI ever when using it, although I remember many posted about success with counter mentality.

Ok, I needed to remove the "tackle harder" option. With Cardiff I get red cards way too often.

Here it is without the hard tackles:

never received a red and I played about 15 games winning 14 losing 1. how's it holding up with Cardiff???

never received a red and I played about 15 games winning 14 losing 1. how's it holding up with Cardiff???

Well, with a top team you don't need to tackle that much :D Very hard start with Cardiff, facing all the top teams away in the start here :p

Must be something bugged with Cardiff's players lol. Even turned off the hard tackles, still 5 red cards in 10 games.

Most people have used Norwich for testing underdog teams mate

I understand why they don't use Cardiff at least :p Anyway, this test was only about seeing how the tactic works for a lower side, and it seems like they can survive in the prem, results are up and down as expected. Will start with a top team now, see how it goes :)

Must be something bugged with Cardiff's players lol. Even turned off the hard tackles, still 5 red cards in 10 games.

If you start getting reds its difficult to stop. Other reason could be the aggression (or the dirtyness) attribute or your teamtalks/discipline. A good choise could be choosing hard tackling only for players who CAN tackle. Players who have good tackling, decisions, conentration, anticipation, bravery (Specific Team Instructions | Football Manager 2014 Guide).

In my tactic i find that it helps me a lot in good defending. But my side is a top side in my league. I get a lot of reds but i have a plan that actually works either i am left with 10 or 9 :p

My tactic is the same formation as yours. So if i stay with ten i remove DM, move MCs back to DM strata, and put ST in AM strata as a SS. If i stay with nine i either take out one of the wingers and put the other one as an AM near the SS or i remove the one winger, and put the full back on his side on attack dity and the DM on defend :)

If you start getting reds its difficult to stop. Other reason could be the aggression (or the dirtyness) attribute or your teamtalks/discipline. A good choise could be choosing hard tackling only for players who CAN tackle. Players who have good tackling, decisions, conentration, anticipation, bravery (Specific Team Instructions | Football Manager 2014 Guide).

In my tactic i find that it helps me a lot in good defending. But my side is a top side in my league. I get a lot of reds but i have a plan that actually works either i am left with 10 or 9 :p

My tactic is the same formation as yours. So if i stay with ten i remove DM, move MCs back to DM strata, and put ST in AM strata as a SS. If i stay with nine i either take out one of the wingers and put the other one as an AM near the SS or i remove the one winger, and put the full back on his side on attack dity and the DM on defend :)

I take out the striker in this one :) It seems to still work without the striker :)

Onto something

Working on a different formation now, it's a quite attacking 6-2-2! Check the domination away against Arsenal :)

Hmm, did I break the game again? 5-0, 5-2 (away against Arsenal), 4-0, three first matches. If this continues:p