Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre FM14

If you want a good defensive tactic, go with 3-4-2-1-0 romian & vezz (SicSyco tweak). It's the best tactic around now. I could perhaps tweak that one to become even better, but I prefer making my own tactics.
have you tried iotas total taka, i think his tactic is one of the best ive used so far but i have to say that it is only good with teams capable of playing that style maybe the 3421 romian and vezz sicsyco tweak is also for weaker teams,i have played with both of these but the total taka just over powers almost any opposition apart from teams like madrid... smashed bayern yesterday, first time ever since i started playing fm 14 lol, using total taka.

The 4-3-3 is more of a "I score more than you" approach :p

I had SO MUCH fun last year with your U Beast.

I won World Championship 1-0 in my third year having 9 shots 1 on target and my opponent (a Brazilian team) had 0 SHOTS.

Unfortunatelly you are right, didnt know that 14.2.1 had ME changes, the tactic doesnt work anymore.

anyone have tried mr Langvatn 433?

it's very good tactics. one of best plug&play tactic in this patch. (maybe it have to make some adjust with the specific mark of F9 when playing with the team that don't have FB

Any news Mr L.???

I know you said that you wont try and i fully understand why but i am so sick of the ME so i ask.......

Any news Mr L.???

I know you said that you wont try and i fully understand why but i am so sick of the ME so i ask.......

Like I said, they took the fun out of tactic creation. This is too much work when it's not fun :)

I dont ask for releasing a tactic i ask if you play and if yes how is it going:)

I am still trying (hoping that there is something wrong with my tactics and not ME, that i will find the solution and enjoy the game) and i conclude the same thing again and again.

ME is crapiest than ever. Biggest example is that the tactics SI suggests (through their guides or their CCC magazine) doesnt work too. No matter what you do the AI cheats you. By a corner, by a set piece, by a bug, by players **** in creativity becoming Ozil's and players **** in finishing becoming Falcao's. You choose to play possesion football, **** mistake from a good passer, perfectly builded counter attack by ...**** players, goal. You choose to play counter, they shot 40 times. You manage to build a balanced tactic, you shot 15 times creating 4 ccc's, you score two goals, AI creates 2 ccc's, 4 shots, 2 goals too. **** **** ****.-

Maybe i should seek another game too. Maybe Civilization V or Plants vs Zombies to build an effective defense and not been cheated (because THIS is what is happening. ME is CHEATING you. They are not winning you in logical manner) by AI.

Last edited:
I am still trying (hoping that there is something wrong with my tactics and not ME, that i will find the solution and enjoy the game) and i conclude the same thing again and again.

ME is crapiest than ever. Biggest example is that the tactics SI suggests (through their guides or their CCC magazine) doesnt work too. No matter what you do the AI cheats you. By a corner, by a set piece, by a bug, by players **** in creativity becoming Ozil's and players **** in finishing becoming Falcao's. You choose to play possesion football, **** mistake from a good passer, perfectly builded counter attack by ...**** players, goal. You choose to play counter, they shot 40 times. You manage to build a balanced tactic, you shot 15 times creating 4 ccc's, you score two goals, AI creates 2 ccc's, 4 shots, 2 goals too. **** **** ****.-

Maybe i should seek another game too. Maybe Civilization V or Plants vs Zombies to build an effective defense and not been cheated (because THIS is what is happening. ME is CHEATING you. They are not winning you in logical manner) by AI.

I agree. There is little to no logic behind what happens now. They really ****** up FM14 :( And FM13 was sooo good, really a step in the right direction, and then BANG, change everything in FM14...

I've been using the 4-3-3 in my pentagon challenge in South Africa, I tweaked it slightly, moved the regista into central mid as a DLP and the DLF back to an attacking mid as an AP, mostly because of the players I had available.
View attachment 429820

The results:
We started off a bit iffy but after the 3-0 loss to Polokwane we went 32 matches unbeaten including a 12 match winning streak. We finished second by 4 points behind Kaiser Chiefs. Top goalscorer was Mokoena playing as one of the F9's with 38 goals in 43 appearances in all competitions, Simelela got the most assists as the AP with 47 assists in all competitions as well as getting 35 goals himself.
View attachment 429826View attachment 429825View attachment 429823

Nice :) Perhaps you would like to share your tweaked version?

I've been using the 4-3-3 in my pentagon challenge in South Africa, I tweaked it slightly, moved the regista into central mid as a DLP and the DLF back to an attacking mid as an AP, mostly because of the players I had available.
View attachment 477751

The results:
We started off a bit iffy but after the 3-0 loss to Polokwane we went 32 matches unbeaten including a 12 match winning streak. We finished second by 4 points behind Kaiser Chiefs. Top goalscorer was Mokoena playing as one of the F9's with 38 goals in 43 appearances in all competitions, Simelela got the most assists as the AP with 47 assists in all competitions as well as getting 35 goals himself.
View attachment 477744View attachment 477745View attachment 477748

Mr L since there's a newpatch, would you mind trying recreating your tactic with the 3 defensive midfielders ?

Request help testing

Hey guys! Can anyone help me test this one and provide me some feedback on it?

OI????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just plug and play mate :)

I have tested in full game myself with good results. The tactic is quite attack focused, so perhaps not lower teams, although I haven't tested with any underdog teams. Defensive positioning match prep, or you can experiment with this too, see what's best for your team.

EDIT: Perhaps with lower teams, change the fullbacks to support or defend :) Or you can also experiment with match strategies with lower teams. Control/Standard/Counter/Defensive.

Last edited: