7 matches
4-1-2 score 13:12, tactic not fluid, still too early to say if it works or not. Fullbacks seems to me as: I need a really good ones.

Hey Mr. L, I always play as journey man and have just got Pescara promoted to Serie A. Are there any tweaks to use when my team is underdog or huge underdog like mighty Juventus or Napoli etc.

Hey Mr. L, I always play as journey man and have just got Pescara promoted to Serie A. Are there any tweaks to use when my team is underdog or huge underdog like mighty Juventus or Napoli etc.

I haven't had enough time to try with a small team yet, but I am sure tweaks can be made so it works even better for huge underdogs. The formation and/or roles do not need changing, so it would have to be team settings that should be changed. Perhaps higher tempo, more direct football, + change mentality from Overload to something else (try different ones).

all right got too tempted, so gonna try it out with Deportivo La Coruna - predicted 17th in Liga BBVA :)

all right got too tempted, so gonna try it out with Deportivo La Coruna - predicted 17th in Liga BBVA :)

A friend of mine tried it in Spain without success. Dunno if it's just him, or if the formations in Spain counter the tactic. Will be interesting to see how you do it!

Go with the final version tac on page 71 :)

Tried with Pescara in Serie A against Fiorentina's 4231.... won 4-1. But I had my wide DLFs manually marking the opposition fullbacks. Otherwise it felt vulnerable to opposition's wing play, especially since they were looking to overlap on wings, with WBs at back, and IFs in advance positions.

Manually marking the fullbacks almost erased them out of the opposition attacks, especially combined with the OIs of "Show weaker foot".

Remembering Mourinho's Internazionale away games with Eto and Pandev manually marking opposition wingbacks :p

Last edited: