Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Not the same attack power, better defense :) The two CM's have been moved back to DMC position, and the striker has a tad reduced mentality.
have the player roles/ training etc....been updated for this latest version of the 2-7-1? Brilliant work. keep it up MR Lang. Hope your success continues into fm14

have the player roles/ training etc....been updated for this latest version of the 2-7-1? Brilliant work. keep it up MR Lang. Hope your success continues into fm14

Same "roles", just a formation change, plus reduced mentality on striker. Hope I will get time to play FM14. I'm starting on my master in a week, so will be a lot more busy days :p

Those last two tactics 2-7-1 and the defensive 2-7-1 don't seem to be working as well for me, 2-6-3 angels seems to be the best for me for better teams.

Mr. Langvatn...... What is the status for the defensive 2-7-1.. is it better than the first?

Same "roles", just a formation change, plus reduced mentality on striker. Hope I will get time to play FM14. I'm starting on my master in a week, so will be a lot more busy days :p

Masters! Dam! Good luck getting time to play FM haha! Thats like my life at the minute with my son. I barely get anytime to play. I think in the last week ive progressed 2 games days as its pre-season. Just dont get the time.

Ill use the same roles etc....thanx for the help

Tried 2-7-1 Sicilian Rock Mix with very bad team (4 non u-21 players) and it doesn't look to well but I think it's GK's fault. I'll test it again once I get promoted to professional league.

Tried the 2-7-1 with WBA as an underdog test and gave it 20 games but, it performed pretty badly and after 20 games my team sat mid way in the bottom half so I abandoned the test. Tried the 3-6-1 and that performed better and I sat 7th after same 20 games, gonna try rock and the angelsv2 playing the exact same teams over 20 games.

Is there any difference between classic and TC version of 2-5-3 angels tactic?

Tried the 2-7-1 with WBA as an underdog test and gave it 20 games but, it performed pretty badly and after 20 games my team sat mid way in the bottom half so I abandoned the test. Tried the 3-6-1 and that performed better and I sat 7th after same 20 games, gonna try rock and the angelsv2 playing the exact same teams over 20 games.

It's probably a tactic for sub-top and top teams only, hence why I tested it in the top team test template and not the underdog.

Mr. L, what would you say is the best tactic for an underdog?

Sicilian Defense and Angels v2 are the ones that did best in the first underdog test. Will test more later :) My guess is that the defensive version of the sicilian rock mix also is quite nice for underdogs :)

Last edited:
It's probably a tactic for sub-top and top teams only, hence why I tested it in the top team test template and not the underdog.

Seems that way, giving the angelsv2 a run with WBA just now, only 3 games in but, won all 3 including a 4-0 win over Arsenal. Already know that the Angels tactic is awesome but just wondering how it does in direct comparison to the others with a team such as WBA.

Seems that way, giving the angelsv2 a run with WBA just now, only 3 games in but, won all 3 including a 4-0 win over Arsenal. Already know that the Angels tactic is awesome but just wondering how it does in direct comparison to the others with a team such as WBA.

Angels V2 is also my favourite tactic. Love having 3 strikers that all score lots of goals :)

Sure.. I bet playing with 12 players would be working well :)

Those last two tactics 2-7-1 and the defensive 2-7-1 don't seem to be working as well for me, 2-6-3 angels seems to be the best for me for better teams.

V-III-II "High Line"

View attachment 380788

Mr L will u test this tactic please.

-Its a Teamwork tactic based on Bobmarley sunshine
-All player instuctions same
-High line means contol of the opponents half
-5 at the back solid
-Developed this 532 as i think this is best Tactic suited to this game's newest patch
-UNDERDOG as u dont conceed much (corners now and again as i have ball contol& 30% att movment train)
-And would like u to develop this with me do a Mr L version please

HERE IT IS

View attachment 380788

Mr L will u test this tactic please.

-Its a Teamwork tactic based on Bobmarley sunshine
-All player instuctions same
-High line means contol of the opponents half
-5 at the back solid
-Developed this 532 as i think this is best Tactic suited to this game's newest patch
-UNDERDOG as u dont conceed much (corners now and again as i have ball contol& 30% att movment train)
-And would like u to develop this with me do a Mr L version please

HERE IT IS

I will maybe go back to testing other tactics too in my next test format, but it will be a while, as I am busy with the current test.