Resource icon

MRCX 4-1-4-1 DoubleMez 20.4.0 v2 20.4.0

Nice one, MRCX!

I have played around with it, since I like 4141 formation

Promising signs on my save with Napoli. Will report back end of the season.

I finish first season with Aston Villa, media prediction 18 I finish on 7 place and book Europa League ?

Update from Napels. Finished 3rd in the league after melting in the last 6 games. Also bottled the champions league final.

Apart my striker who finished on 29 goals in 33 games. I really struggled for goals. If he had a bad day then we struggled. Especially against defensive teams.

Draws against Bologna, Verona, Parma, Sampdoria and Torino probably costing me the league.

Defensively it was solid with the best defence in the league.

Season 2. I did use another tactic up until December (4 draws and a loss in that time) then reverted back to this and what a decision that turned out to be.

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.38.15.png
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.56.42.png
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.56.53.png

Goals much more spread out than last season as well. Rock solid defence, Striker still scoring and the midfield getting involved as well now.
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.58.46.png

Thank all of you for your feedback!

I absolutely have to show you what I just got back from testing.
I simulted a season with Dinamo Zagreb for a user, and while everything other than me finishing 1st would have been a disappointment, I did not expect this result.

Before you see it, just a couple of thoughts from me: First of all, this is better than any season I have ever actively played in any FM.
Secondly, it's almost heartbreaking how close this was to absolute glory.
Ladies and Gentlemen, feast your eyes upon this:

Dinamo Zagreb Table.JPG

Just to put this into into stats:
This is a season with:
2,9444 points per game.
2,75 goals scored per game.
0,2222 goals conceded per game.

Just madness.
I also reached the Europa League final.

preferred foot on wingers and set piece takers?

Generally speaking, as close to being either footed as you can get.
That said, as you can see, this formation uses inverted wingers, and the results with proper inverted wingers (strong right foot on the left side and vice versa) have been better than right on right and left on left - the tactic should still return, just not as well.

As for the set pieces, I can't claim any praise for the the state of them right now, because they're not mine - they're from @Knap - the attacking corners, that is.
Currently, the corners are preferably played short, so the foot of the taker doesn't quite matter as much. On the player you're passing too, you'd ideally want good crossing and him to be either footed. Otherwise, I would probably go left from right and right from left - but I'm not yet an expert on set-pieces by any means.

I'm working on my own and will update this once I'm happy with how they work.

I tried with my Bordeaux,looks really good for me. This tactic should test in testing area.

The tactic testing area has now been updated and I'm happy to present you the results:
Overall: 16
Top: 14
Good: 17
Average: 17
Poor: 19

What's notable is that there are incredible few fouls with this tactic. In fact, there are NO tactics who have ranked higher than this one while committing less fouls per game. (There's only one tactic with fewer fouls per game than this one)
In that regard, this tactic is unrivalled right now.

very good job mrcx ! i play with concord rangers ! i'm rising from vanarama south to national league in 2 years but i couldn't reach the sky bet league two (defeats on play off 4 consecutive years :/) so i try your tactic for a year. and my team is really not a killer team no money that's the challenge ^^) good defence and miracle a tactic without red cards every times !!!!! So a greatfull thank you ! i will test a second season and make you feedback!!!
(ps: sorry fot the english i'm french ^^)

Attachments

• tact.PNG
    tact.PNG
    493.4 KB · Views: 341
  • class.PNG
    class.PNG
    262.1 KB · Views: 343
  • bet.PNG
    bet.PNG
    118.9 KB · Views: 306
@greg42 Thank you for the kind words and for the feedback, I'm very grateful!
Also, it's great to see you doing so well! Hopefully you keep having success!

You're welcome i finish my second season with your tactic in skybet league two after winning the vanarama. After a middle beginning of season (because i change too many players and the game don't like that) just amazing finishing in championship with 24 matchs without defeats. many draw but WTF ^^

Attachments

• CLASS2.PNG
    CLASS2.PNG
    273.4 KB · Views: 281
  • TEAM2.PNG
    TEAM2.PNG
    517.7 KB · Views: 289
  • M2.PNG
    M2.PNG
    323.6 KB · Views: 224
  • M2A.PNG
    M2A.PNG
    354.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 2B.PNG
    2B.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 189
Gonna test this one for difficult or away matches, normally i play 4-4-2

Would i be right in thinking this comes under 'Vertical Tika Taka' or 'Fluid Counter Attack' as it don't really have the majority of possession? Plan on revamping my coaching and want everyone on the same wave length.

Last edited:
Gonna give this another blast with pompey, won 3-0 away first game. Started off with my custom tactic and then switched to this tactic in the 30/40th minute. And only reloaded the tactic into the third slot four days prior. Liverpool up next so might tweak the mentality down from attacking?

PS @MRCX i couldnt respond to your question about the review. I felt that its not a gamebreaker thats what i didnt give it five out of five. However its been very promising for me

Attachments

• 20200823124145_1.jpg
    20200823124145_1.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Gonna give this another blast with pompey, won 3-0 away first game. Started off with my custom tactic and then switched to this tactic in the 30/40th minute. And only reloaded the tactic into the third slot four days prior. Liverpool up next so might tweak the mentality down from attacking?

I usually tend to watch the beginning and then react, but considering you're Portsmouth it might be worth starting on positive as well. Generally speaking, I don't often tweak my mentality, I feel like it often does more harm than good.

Yeah i think thats good advice mate, cheers for that. Just sold Freddie Woodman as he wasnt improving enough and would never be my Big Pete in goal. At the moment ive got Marcus Dewhurst as backup, but looking for a proper goalie as number one.

Edit - Snapped up a certain Matthew Ryan who will be a nice improvement over my younger gk.

Attachments

• 20200823134402_1.jpg
    20200823134402_1.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
how about training for the tactic ?? thanks