Resource icon

MRCX 4141 Plug&Play (Regista, 2 Mezzalas) 20.2.3

Hei, Does it still work on the new updated engine ?
I would like to try this for my Milan save :)

Hei, Does it still work on the new updated engine ?
I would like to try this for my Milan save :)

Hello!
I've just run a simulation with Milan on the newest version, and the results have been:
90 points (and 1st) in the league, this equals ~2,37 points per game.
78 goals scored (2,05 goals per game)
19 goals conceded (0,5 goals per game)

Most goals in the league: Zlatan (31 goals)
Most assists in the league: Calhanoglu (16 assists)
Most clean sheets in the league: Gianluigi Donnarumma (23 clean sheets)

It was just one test, one season, but it seems like my tactic still works wonders! Funnily enough, the results with Milan are very close to the ones I got when creating this tactic.
Hope you like it, feedback is much appreciated!

The latest match engine is v2040 if I'm not mistaken, right?

Last edited:
Yes the current match engine is v2040. I will take it for a spin then as I am having troubles creating my own tactic :/ . I tried playing something like you did (withouth those team instructions) but instead of IW on the midfield they were AM(IW) so upper in terms of positioning. but maybe that's what I lacked ? Will also give it a go and present it.
Do you just load a league and go on permanent holiday ?

Yes the current match engine is v2040. I will take it for a spin then as I am having troubles creating my own tactic :/ . I tried playing something like you did (withouth those team instructions) but instead of IW on the midfield they were AM(IW) so upper in terms of positioning. but maybe that's what I lacked ? Will also give it a go and present it.
Do you just load a league and go on permanent holiday ?

Hope you have success with it! Let me know how it went :)
As for the tactic you were trying to create, what did you look for? A 4-1-2-2-1/4-3-2-1 approach or rather something with 2 strikers/a striker and a CAM?
I might look into it or check the tactics I've created but not yet uploaded for something that fits.
That said, if it's for the sake of scorer points, I feel like wingers and inverted wingers still do really well in that regard even in midfield.

Yes, when I do my personal testing before uploading, I load the tactic, holiday for a season and force the AI to use my tactic by ticking "Use current match tactics"

Any tips for the training?

Well, not very specific ones. You can certainly reach a new level in terms of achievements with this tactic when you have the ideal training for your players and a good set-piece setup.
In regards to training, I've played around for a bit, but I'm by no means an expert. If in doubt, get a good ***.-Man., get good coaches and you'll do just fine.
Some general stuff I always do is:
- Set "Match Review" for the day after a match. Maybe it's just placebo, but I feel like it actually did a lot for my teams.
- Go hard or go home - don't work your players to injury, but work your players hard. You can set the intensity under Training -> Rest. Above 90 condition, it always has to be "Double intensity" for me. The rest probably depends on both my schedule and the depth of my squad, but above 90 it has to be "Double intensity".
After doing this, don't forget to set the training load of your players to automatic.
Also, I go harder on the youth. It kinda depends on the save and what kind of games/how many games my youth team plays, but I often find myself just setting the majority of the squad to double intensity.
- Set individual training. Yes, there will be the occasional player complaining about how high his workload is, but if you have a firm idea on where you want to go with a certain player, mold him and assist that development via individual training.
- Pay attention to player traits and whether they fit the way you want to play and the role your player is supposed to occupy.
- Facilities and playing time are more important. Opinions are different on this one, but my take is, if you have superior facilities and maybe a youth league or a league for your second team, develop your youth there rather than loaning them to a club that might play a division above your second team but will only field your player for like 15 games AND has worse facilities. (This one is targetted at the youth)
- If you set your training schedules yourself, use the space you have. One negative thing about using the ***.-Man. is that he puts in too much rest. My take is, use the space and - again - work your players. That said, I try to stay in the green, ESPECIALLY if I have 2 games per week.

As for specific sessions, I haven't worked out a training to specifically fit a certain tactic, but there's a number of sessions that I like in general and usually include when I try to play with my own schedules. However, these have become my favorites because I often use similar approaches to the football I want to play. "Attacking Patient", "Ball Retention", "Defending Engaged" - I think you can guess the style from these.

I'd also try to approach some of it logically. If I play high-pressing (which, let's be honest, is the case for most decent tactics in FM20), including "Transition-Press" sounds like a great idea. Likewise, if you have 15 shots on target each match, but you rarely ever score more than 1, focussing on "Chance conversion" rather than "Chance creation" seems like the right thing to do.

Also, I feel like the setting "Recovery" instead of just leaving it on "Rest" is a lot better.
And you should absolutely do "Team Bonding" regularly.

You probably knew most of this or had an opinion on the stuff I mentioned my opinion on, but maybe you could take away a thing or two.

Last edited:
Hope you have success with it! Let me know how it went :)
As for the tactic you were trying to create, what did you look for? A 4-1-2-2-1/4-3-2-1 approach or rather something with 2 strikers/a striker and a CAM?
I might look into it or check the tactics I've created but not yet uploaded for something that fits.
That said, if it's for the sake of scorer points, I feel like wingers and inverted wingers still do really well in that regard even in midfield.

Yes, when I do my personal testing before uploading, I load the tactic, holiday for a season and force the AI to use my tactic by ticking "Use current match tactics"
So here's how my tactic looked . Yes It may have not been as good as yours atm i'm in February and top of the league so that's something wow.
Also Don't mind how the players are set, cause I just loaded the game and added my tactic and that's how the game added them.
1.PNG

So I won with your tactic :D . Can I ask you what players would you recommend for a PF ? Ibra/Leao were just not good and I was lucky that Kessie which I used as a Mezzala on ATK got me like 20 goals. Ante Rebic was used up front and he also scored some.

So I won with your tactic :D . Can I ask you what players would you recommend for a PF ? Ibra/Leao were just not good and I was lucky that Kessie which I used as a Mezzala on ATK got me like 20 goals. Ante Rebic was used up front and he also scored some.

That's great to hear! I'll look into it a bit so I can take some more aspects into account and recommend you someone :)
Generally speaking, my recommendation for a save pre-transfers for a club like Milan would have been Haaland.

If you enjoyed my tactic, would you mind rating it? It would mean a lot to me.
Anything in particular you didn't like about the tactic? Apart from Ibra and Leao not being a great fit as PF?

That's great to hear! I'll look into it a bit so I can take some more aspects into account and recommend you someone :)
Generally speaking, my recommendation for a save pre-transfers for a club like Milan would have been Haaland.

If you enjoyed my tactic, would you mind rating it? It would mean a lot to me.
Anything in particular you didn't like about the tactic? Apart from Ibra and Leao not being a great fit as PF?

I feel it's very solid in defense but if you'r Wingers/PF ain't doing much the game do turns out 0-0 sometimes. Also sometimes the *** manager recommended I should use in certain matches shorter passing than direct and I felt we managed to win some games using shorter passing . maybe see if playing with shorter passing does better .
As for Halland since I am working with the Transfer Window Update Milan just cannot afford a player like him :D .
And yes I will rate your tactic :D !

this is fantastic tactic! most of games played with it, except away games against teams 1th-8th.(using other tactic for those games)

Attachments

• 20200317071241_1.jpg
    20200317071241_1.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 20200317072053_1.jpg
    20200317072053_1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 20200317072104_1.jpg
    20200317072104_1.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 20200317072111_1.jpg
    20200317072111_1.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 300
@FireSoul

Sorry I took some time.
I reckon your strikers didn't work out too well, because they're not that well equipped to play PF. Ibra lacks the quickness big time, Leao just isn't the best in the mental department.

As for suggestions: If you're looking for someone for the future, Lincoln might be worth it. He certainly still needs some time, but he has the base and the ability to evolve into someone who will work out. (although he's not the tallest, and I usually prefer somewhat tall players as solo PF.) Myron Boadu is also a young talent that kinda falls into the same category.
Some older solutions who should do well are Berardi or even Borja Mayoral.
You could also try Belotti if they didn't extend his contract. Or, even if you are at the start, you should/might get him for 20m + installments.

Of the players you have, I would certainly lead with Rebic. He basically has almost everything a PF needs, he's just a bit low on finishing, composure and decisions.
Of course, you can also play around with the tactic, get a bit of the pressing off and work with an AF.

@FireSoul

Sorry I took some time.
I reckon your strikers didn't work out too well, because they're not that well equipped to play PF. Ibra lacks the quickness big time, Leao just isn't the best in the mental department.

As for suggestions: If you're looking for someone for the future, Lincoln might be worth it. He certainly still needs some time, but he has the base and the ability to evolve into someone who will work out. (although he's not the tallest, and I usually prefer somewhat tall players as solo PF.) Myron Boadu is also a young talent that kinda falls into the same category.
Some older solutions who should do well are Berardi or even Borja Mayoral.
You could also try Belotti if they didn't extend his contract. Or, even if you are at the start, you should/might get him for 20m + installments.

Of the players you have, I would certainly lead with Rebic. He basically has almost everything a PF needs, he's just a bit low on finishing, composure and decisions.
Of course, you can also play around with the tactic, get a bit of the pressing off and work with an AF.

Thanks I will look into Lincoln and Myron Boadu. What's the most key attributes you look into a PF ? or you just take it what the game says he needs for a PF ?

Thanks I will look into Lincoln and Myron Boadu. What's the most key attributes you look into a PF ? or you just take it what the game says he needs for a PF ?

What the game says gives you a good idea. That said, I value some attributes more than others.
If I want my striker to actually be good at pressing, I value the mental attributes a lot, particularly Aggression, Anticipation and Decisions (please note that my valuation is different from the games valuation, as it doesn't value Decisions quite AS highly when highlighting - when in doubt, the game's valuation should rank higher).
Of course, you also want a bit of quickness on your striker if you want him to press well.
And, since he's a striker, you want him to have everything he needs to finish his chances.

Every highlighted value (and more than just them) carries importance, but those are the ones I particularly look at for a PF. A striker with 8 Acceleration and 9 Pace will not be able to put as much pressure on the defender as one with 15/15. A striker without good Anticipation or Decisions will probably not recognise the correct situations to press quite as well as someone who's got great stats.

Last edited:
For everyone's information:

I have just uploaded a slightly different version that has been created and tested exclusively on the current match engine version.
Therefore you will be able to see how it does in tactic testing in a few days, since apparently it's not possible anymore to see the results my previous version got.

I also included the results of my personal testing in the post.
MRCX 4-1-4-1 DoubleMez 20.4.0 v2

This tactic is ridiculously good. Cannot believe it is not getting more hits.

Been playing PSG for 3 years, killing it domstically with Knap and StephenHK tactics, domestically winning the lot but pathetic in Europe after group stage.

So gave this a go in season 4. This is my current results and the current league table after half a season.
It has drew blank vs Real in 2 0-0s in the CL group stage but hey its Real.

Attachments

• psg table.png
    psg table.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 206
  • results.png
    results.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 200
This tactic is ridiculously good. Cannot believe it is not getting more hits.

Been playing PSG for 3 years, killing it domstically with Knap and StephenHK tactics, domestically winning the lot but pathetic in Europe after group stage.

So gave this a go in season 4. This is my current results and the current league table after half a season.
It has drew blank vs Real in 2 0-0s in the CL group stage but hey its Real.

Pleased to hear it's going so well. I've been using it for a bit and although it seems pretty defensively solid I'm not scoring many going forward.

Do you use Opposition Instructions? (I've currently got my assistant set to doing them)