Alaba

Reaction score
zeman.jpg

Let's Be clear.

In football, each team has a different style.
Barcelona and Real madrid play an offensive football, while Rayo vallencano and triestina rely on counter attacks and on massive defending.

This tactic is an offensive one. If the sides are in EQUILIBRIUM, you will devastate them (like i have with psg in the screenshot, and i don't think my AS roma is stronger than PSG).

However, if your side sucks, use a 5 defender tactic or a tactic not meant to dominate the game.

WIth this tactic, my aim is controlling posession, clear cut chances, everything. So if you have a relegation side....buy some players or change tactic!

ZemanLandia:My Best tactic so far.

So, as usual I will give some broad info of the tactic, and then i'll be more specific. As and admirer of As Roma coach Zdenek Zeman i tried to emulate his playing style and offensive movements. Who knows this manager and how his team play...well, just scroll down and download tactic!
Who does not, let me tell you more!

History

"Zemanlandia" was a term given to Zeman's teams indicating a spectacular attacking football where supporters where unstoppably entertained and pleased by 90's Foggia. Then "calciopoli" (italian corruption in football), led Zeman to be relegated to minor roles because of his honesty and his words against the "system".

Until, Zemalandia was back last year at Pescara, when Zeman's super young team led by Verratti and Insigne scored 90 goals and finished unexpectedly first. As Roma decided to give an opportunity to this football teacher, and Roma fans are still waiting to see "Zemanlandia" again!

The tactic

For now roma fans may be happy to see Zemanlandia is back on Fm 2013!

High defense line, offside trap, high pressing, zonal marking. But even short first touch passes. Wingers are set to move inside the channels. The whole of these things makes this tactic solid, spectacular and extremely versatile: it is good against top teams as well as low ones. Feel free to switch from attacking to control

The players

Having the right players for this tactic is important, although no particular characteristics are needed!

Sweeper Keeper: It would be better if he had some good "kicking stats"

WBs: NOT FULL BACKS! they must be wing backs, and this is the zone of the field where you want to spend money to get good players. they make a difference1

CDs: Heading, marking, tackling, jumping, pace positioning and acceleration...

CMs: The center Cm must be extremely good in strength, tackling, work rate. the left & right one must be all rounded cms

Wingers: Wingers, yes, but instead of hugging touchline in this tactic they are set to move into channels. So they need to be some kind of Wingers/strikers, that have no problems in scoring and making the right movements.

AF: Complete, strong, finalizer.

Results

Have tested this so far in 9 league games, 1 european super cup final, 2 ECL matches.

9 serie A games: 35 goals scored, 4 conceded. Won 3-0 against juventus away, 4-1 against napoli away.

ECL: tied with panathinaikos playing all subs after making more than 20 total shots. They scored from a set piece. Won AWAY with PSG 3-1

I know it's early but i know this tactic is great! I will post screenshots as i go!

Please give me feedback and keep me posted! Cheers, and good game

Last edited:
So guys, i started a save with tottenham and started vacationing to see how it turns up.

these are the results so far, will keep posted!

does this one actualy work? you said all these things about your last tactic and no offense but it got alotof bad reviews and failed miserably in the tactics testing project, just asking mate as this game is *****g windin me up

Jcrook, i'm doin everything i can to experiment this tactic. I'm now looking if it suits lower teams, so i opened an old save, retired from roma manager and picked up a club facing relegation (cagliari). will i be able to save it from the middle of the season vacationing ONLY with this tactic? let's wait! give it a try, i'm sure it works from middle, middle/top, top teams.

you also said this about your universal one....which is best???

With no doubts, this one! i'm really curious to know if Fiorentina will make it, i just plugged the tactic when they were like 16th.

Let's see how that turns out (to know if it makes wonders for low teams).

For tottnenham and Roma, it was perfect. plug & play!

Last edited:
so its solid at the back and creates lots?? becoz your other ones wernt too good mate

Until now jcrook, i have only tested it with As Roma and Tottenham.

These sides for me are middle/top teams. For this type of teams, middle/top to top, yes, it's like this. For middle/low, low teams i still don't know as i have not tested them!

im going to try with my amazing chelsea side now, il be your tester

Perfect! let me know, i appreciate any critiscism!

first match lost 8 0 to west ham.....me joke, i won 3 0 away to west ham, i need a tactic to use alog side this that i can use wen i am a heavy favourite as the game doesnt let u use just one and will become used to it.....so....zemanlandia against tough opposition due to good defence....correct? and what about if im a home and heavy favourite???

Hey!

I'd say this tactic makes a difference even for small teams!

first match lost 8 0 to west ham.....me joke, i won 3 0 away to west ham, i need a tactic to use alog side this that i can use wen i am a heavy favourite as the game doesnt let u use just one and will become used to it.....so....zemanlandia against tough opposition due to good defence....correct? and what about if im a home and heavy favourite???

i'm not really sure i've understood...why would you want another tactic???
This is good, home away, favourite or underdog!

necoz the game gets used to it u need to change it up now and again

ah! are you sure?? first of all, i am happy you finally like one of my tactics!

If i get you to like it, then anybody will!!!

Lol, i'm joking!

Well, if you are really super favourite you could switch to a normal tactic, the ones that are set already in the game! and btw, are you sure the game gets "used" to a tactic and adapts to it?

from my experience yes, you should change it up, i just luckily beat norwhich 3 2 away, still a win but my defence got carved open time after time due to high def line, my best play was wen i changed from attak to control, still a win tho and was my weaker 11 with ward- prowse barkley and emre can in the middle so quite weak as they are very young

oh dear oh dear, lost 6 0 away to man city using this , and its totaly fluid, dont thing this is any good either mate sorry

I will try your tactic with my St.Etienne team. Hope it will be good.

Keep you updated.

Edit: Weak in the first game.

Won 2-1 against Nancy (16th place in Ligue 1) BUT:
Weaker posesion, just 2 shots on target, just 1 CCC.

Only luck made me win this..and I was playing home. Will keep testing..

Last edited:
Not enough time to test your Universal tactic, and you create a better one !!! Too quick for me :p
So if you tell that this one is better, i will test it in my Paris SG game :D