My FM 10 Experiment

Reaction score
The Plan

Use the new League Editor to create a 10 tiered system in Canada. Each tier possessing 20 teams. Every club in the First division will have Youth and Training Facilities ranging from 15 - 20. For all subsequent divisions I will randomly place from 1 - 20 in their Youth and Training facilities.

Prize money comparable to the Premier League will be dished out to the top tier teams. As well as Canadian Cup competitions which will be similar to the prize money handed out in the FA and Carling Cup's.

I will not create a single player, every team will have to rely on their youth system for the most part. Which will only develop the talent needed for this experiment.

I will ensure also that teams keep mainly Canadian players by only allowing up to 5 foreign players in total in the squad. (If that is an option)

I will obviously have to create most of the teams here so any names for teams that anyone can come up with would be great.

The Experiment

The purpose of this creation of a Canadian League is to see how long it will take for Canada to become a dominant force in World Football. As well as to track the course of an entire league and its star players for at the very least 20 years.

Once I am able to get the game and finish the database I will run this simulation virtually non-stop.

I will provide the results of all competitions pertaining to Canada and its leagues. As well as the top 5 prospects, based on potential, for each year.

My hope is to see Canada not only become a dominant force in world football but also produce and keep most of their best players.

Any Ideas, concerns, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This is a brilliant idea. Will you be doing updates?

yes sir every year at the end of the very last cup final

I will give updates for the 5 best players PA wise of the year and their progress, a table of the top flight, Canada's FIFA World Ranking + Stats, as well as a Game by game update for them.

As well I hope to eventually see the clubs become massive. Since they will be getting good deals of money in and my league structure will promote youth building it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

BTW Top 5 PA wise every year I will give their PA and CA then inform you of their progress in the leagues.

Nice I am really looking forward to it. Thanks. (H)

Will this be uploaded?

Toronto Red Sox and Real Toronto could be big rivals.

And here's a list of provinces if you need

Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Ontario
Prince Edward Island Quebec
Saskatchewan
Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories
Nunavut
Yukon Territory

Lol im Canadian myself thats why im doing this so thanks for the list, I understand the gesture and thanks for it much appreciated.

Yes this will be available for upload once I have went through and tested it a bit and made sure that it is playable.

Ahhhhh ok, its just man city and celtic so I thought not, this should be immense

I am hoping it will be. This is my main reason for me buying this game otherwise I was just going to wait till 2011 but now I wont be able to help myself.

Here is a bit more details on some specifics.

Due to time concerns I might take it down to 6 tiers, if not then this applies for the 10th

5th tier: 4 teams relegated
6th tier: 1 team promoted from each region (total 4). No relegation.

For the lower tiers (for Tier 6)
Western League (BC teams, Alberta teams)
Central League (Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
Eastern League (Ontario, Quebec)
Maritime League (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, PEI)

Stadium and attendance wise I will go on Attraction, if the City is 15 + then they can have over 15k stadium, 10 - 14 Attraction then 8 - 14k stadium, if lower then always lower then 3k with a expansion possibility.

For Chairmen I will more than likely just take a bunch of those chairmen that aren't with a club and stick them in the clubs so that I don't have to deal with it. If I run out of free chairmen then I will just start making some and throw them some random attributes.

When it comes to managers, I hope, like FM 09 there will be regens that tend to take over if a club is not already appointed a manager. If that doesnt work then I have a lot more work ahead of me then I think ill be able to handle until at least summer. But I do plan on working on it almost every day that I possibly can.

This should be good, very much looking forward to it mate :)

My concern is that all the best players will be snapped up. I guess it's a wait and see situation.

Sounds good. How about calling one of the teams Toronto Celtic or something as a sort of tribute.

Ive got a few names right now, one im thinking of is Yonge Street Saints, a street in Toronto. Quite a few others as well, with the traditional FC's UTD's, City's and Athletic Clubs.

Any ideas for not so well known cities would be great.

Sounds like a brilliant idea mate, getting tired of the usual FM09 stories on here

dont you think itll be hard to dominate world football tho if you are not in the champions league?