My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2013)

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 778K
Happy to see my tactic is doing really well |) unbeaten right now and leading the league by 5 points. Would it be okay if I put these results in my discussion thread. I will also refer back to this thread :D. Great job and effort by the way

Hello, some of you can tell if the tactic bossanova, uses shouts, oi's, or any changes during games?

First of all thanks a_ilfandy for testing the tactics again this year, enjoyed it last year but with the way FM 13 is build.. enjoying it even more this year!

After your round 10 test I was really exited to test out the tactics used and I can say I'm getting some pretty crazy results!

I tried all 4 tactics that 'won' in round 10 so BossaNova, Namzet, Bonustime, and FM China 1

out of those 4 the only one I couldn't get to work was the Bonustime one, all the others are great.

with Feyenoord (dutch eredivisie) I was in second place before using those 3 tactics (not a lot of points behind though).. now at the moment of writing i'm 9 points loose of the number 2, scoring 37 goals in only 16 games.

2 of those games, 1 in the dutch competion, 1 in the dutch cup, were against Ajax that were number 1 (but are now number 2), both one (at home but still), with 3-0. Both of them using that amazing BossaNova tactic. I just won again in the dutch cup but now in an away game against PSV eindhoven (who are currently 4th), with 1-4 (again with the BossaNova tactic).

But Namzet and FM China 1 are also both very awesome. Problem with Namzet is that you have quite a big gap between midfielders and the one lonely striker, which means it would sometime be hard to get trough. But I would often score 1 goal and then you have the advantage of having a defense oriented tactic. FM China 1 is also amazing and very fun to see the opponent go crazy.. only problem I have.. which is actually only personal.. is that fact that it is a "classic" tactic.. which means you can't change strategy a lot during the match .. and it feels like i'm playing FM 2009 all over again :P

What I noticed with all tactics, but especially with the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. is that they worked best (for me at least) with a tall 'targetman' like striker. My main striker Graziano Pelle wasn't scoring at all.. but he was great in both the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. you could really see that he not only started scoring himself.. but that he also made room for my wingers (in the BossaNova tactic) to continue their attack.

For people that want to try both the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. for me it seemed that Namzet started to work right from the first game.. but that BossaNova needed some more time before my players could get the best out of it. So if BossaNova doesn't seem to work in the beginning, give it a few games. At the moment I switched from Namzet to BossaNova.. and only use Namzet to screw with the opponent by suddenly changing my complete tactic around during halftime ;p or when I'm against a team that's way better than me.

After using all three tactics I also had some fun (never seen before) news messages stating how everyone was saying that I'm a great tactician with attractive football.. really seems like BossaNova and Namzet are the first people to really understand FM 13 and the match engine (that broke the match engine?? :P).. so my sincere congrats and compliments to both of them!

Last edited:
ROUND 11

Patch: 13.2.2
Mode: Normal
Leagues: Custom
Progress: November 2012
Tactics entry:

CHELSEA - Kyanite (Mourinho's Chelsea v1.5)
MAN CITY - Awalker (1.3 (Derby, Dec 2010)
MAN UNITED - Spanky (2)

ATL. MADRID - Imothep (Soredewa-4141)
BARCELONA - Lupefiasco (Lupe's Away)
REAL MADRID - Andyfaichney (4-5-1 Madrid!)

AC MILAN - Tomfmlfc (4-3-3 Laudrup style)
INTER MILAN - Arckan (Goals Goals Win)
JUVENTUS - Supermatt (Brendon Rogers V14)

DORTMUND - Veez (Classic 4231 V2)
FC BAYERN - Lordofavp (2_Lord)
PARIS SG - JP Woody (Attacking 442 (13.2.2)

World Super Leagues:

View attachment 302373View attachment 302374View attachment 302375View attachment 302376

League Stats:

View attachment 302377View attachment 302378View attachment 302379View attachment 302380

Selected League Matches:

View attachment 302381View attachment 302382View attachment 302383View attachment 302384

World Super Cup:

View attachment 302385View attachment 302386View attachment 302387

Selected Cup Matches:

View attachment 302388View attachment 302389View attachment 302390View attachment 302391

Notes:
- Spanky, Lupefiasco, Supermatt, and Lordofavp leading the leagues.
- Lupefiasco still unbeaten!
- Lordofavp scored 50 goals in 13 games!
- After 2 rounds, only 5 tactics left in the Cup.
- Aston Villa have knocked out both of the Milan clubs. : (

lol, my tactic lost away to juventus 0-2, and came back 3-0 at home ^^
Thanks for testing

You are welcome.
Great defense, its the the 3rd fewest conceded team.
But, its the the 4th fewest scoring team too. :P
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Hello, some of you can tell if the tactic bossanova, uses shouts, oi's, or any changes during games?

In my testing, nope. Its good enough as it is.
The thread where I found this tactic is in Korean, cant help you with that either.
But DoubleR (Post 744) seems to have use the tactic personally.
Why dont you ask him.

Happy to see my tactic is doing really well |) unbeaten right now and leading the league by 5 points. Would it be okay if I put these results in my discussion thread. I will also refer back to this thread :D. Great job and effort by the way

Thanks, and of course, no problem. Take some of the SS too if you want.
I know its tested on Barca, but still, its very impressive to run 16-2-0 in a plug-n-play.
And solid defense by the way..

Hmmm, I see.
I guess you are right. The Bossa nova I tested may be not the one mentioned in the warfare.
I asked cragsfwc about this, waiting for his confirmation.

ANYWAY, now that you give me the thread, I will test this one in the next round.
Its labelled 'new', so I hope its not the same as the one tested in ROUND 10.
Thanks irabbit!
Keep me posted if you know any more info about the either the Thai or the Korean Bossa nova. :D

First of all thanks a_ilfandy for testing the tactics again this year, enjoyed it last year but with the way FM 13 is build.. enjoying it even more this year!

After your round 10 test I was really exited to test out the tactics used and I can say I'm getting some pretty crazy results!

I tried all 4 tactics that 'won' in round 10 so BossaNova, Namzet, Bonustime, and FM China 1

out of those 4 the only one I couldn't get to work was the Bonustime one, all the others are great.

with Feyenoord (dutch eredivisie) I was in second place before using those 3 tactics (not a lot of points behind though).. now at the moment of writing i'm 9 points loose of the number 2, scoring 37 goals in only 16 games.

2 of those games, 1 in the dutch competion, 1 in the dutch cup, were against Ajax that were number 1 (but are now number 2), both one (at home but still), with 3-0. Both of them using that amazing BossaNova tactic. I just won again in the dutch cup but now in an away game against PSV eindhoven (who are currently 4th), with 1-4 (again with the BossaNova tactic).

But Namzet and FM China 1 are also both very awesome. Problem with Namzet is that you have quite a big gap between midfielders and the one lonely striker, which means it would sometime be hard to get trough. But I would often score 1 goal and then you have the advantage of having a defense oriented tactic. FM China 1 is also amazing and very fun to see the opponent go crazy.. only problem I have.. which is actually only personal.. is that fact that it is a "classic" tactic.. which means you can't change strategy a lot during the match .. and it feels like i'm playing FM 2009 all over again :P

What I noticed with all tactics, but especially with the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. is that they worked best (for me at least) with a tall 'targetman' like striker. My main striker Graziano Pelle wasn't scoring at all.. but he was great in both the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. you could really see that he not only started scoring himself.. but that he also made room for my wingers (in the BossaNova tactic) to continue their attack.

For people that want to try both the BossaNova & Namzet tactic.. for me it seemed that Namzet started to work right from the first game.. but that BossaNova needed some more time before my players could get the best out of it. So if BossaNova doesn't seem to work in the beginning, give it a few games. At the moment I switched from Namzet to BossaNova.. and only use Namzet to screw with the opponent by suddenly changing my complete tactic around during halftime ;p or when I'm against a team that's way better than me.

After using all three tactics I also had some fun (never seen before) news messages stating how everyone was saying that I'm a great tactician with attractive football.. really seems like BossaNova and Namzet are the first people to really understand FM 13 and the match engine (that broke the match engine?? :P).. so my sincere congrats and compliments to both of them!

Thanks mate. Good to hear you are having (almost) similar results. :)
Your evaluations will be useful since 2 of these tactics have no thread in this forum.
And even Namzet's is not well-attended. Many start asking for advise, etc.

About Namzet tactic, was there any irregular high scoring rate for the MRC position?
I think its the corner setting. Khedira scored 22 goals in less than 30 league games.

ROUND 11

Patch: 13.2.2
Mode: Normal
Leagues: Custom
Progress: January 2013
Tactics entry:

CHELSEA - Kyanite (Mourinho's Chelsea v1.5)
MAN CITY - Awalker (1.3 (Derby, Dec 2010)
MAN UNITED - Spanky (2)

ATL. MADRID - Imothep (Soredewa-4141)
BARCELONA - Lupefiasco (Lupe's Away)
REAL MADRID - Andyfaichney (4-5-1 Madrid!)

AC MILAN - Tomfmlfc (4-3-3 Laudrup style)
INTER MILAN - Arckan (Goals Goals Win)
JUVENTUS - Supermatt (Brendon Rogers V14)

DORTMUND - Veez (Classic 4231 V2)
FC BAYERN - Lordofavp (2_Lord)
PARIS SG - JP Woody (Attacking 442 (13.2.2)

World Super Leagues:

View attachment 302393View attachment 302394View attachment 302395View attachment 302396

League Stats:

View attachment 302397View attachment 302398View attachment 302399View attachment 302400

Selected League Matches:

View attachment 302401View attachment 302402View attachment 302403View attachment 302404

World Super Cup:

View attachment 302405View attachment 302406View attachment 302407

Selected Cup Matches:

View attachment 302408View attachment 302409View attachment 302410View attachment 302411

Notes:
- 4 tactics through to Cup quarterfinals. Chack Barca vs Madrid Cup match!
- Lordofavp keep banging goals. But concedes quite a lot too.
- Andyfaichney just demolished Bilbao 9-0!!!
- Lupefiasco still unbeaten in spain.
- Many tactics struggle in other leagues.

If there is any room for tactics in round 12, I have found 2 very good looking tactics on FM-Thai. :)

(13.2.1) 4 5 1 Back Step 34w - 3d - 1l, 160 goals scored, 30 goals conceded. - Man utd.

( 13.2.2 ) " C4F3" 4-4-2 32w - 4d - 2l, 149 goals scored, 31 goals conceded. - Chelsea

Earlier I found a Juventus tactic that had 0 losses in the league, but I can't find it again. It was either on FM-korea or Thai. :)

Last edited:
Ye I have the same question lifandy :). My new tactic for 13.2.2 have any slot to run in next round? I'd be very happy :).

To a_ilfandy, so after doing all this testing, so what would you say is best tactics/formation that you found so far?.

To a_ilfandy, so after doing all this testing, so what would you say is best tactics/formation that you found so far?.

A couple of pages back, there's a review of all the tactics, and how they performed. :) Maybe it's on first page too.

Back