ok, i read what you wrote and i`m seriously thinking of retraining mata as a striker, as he is already acomplished and he has very high attributes for run onto ball: acceleration 17, pace 16, off the ball 19 and first touch 18. also finishing 16, dribbling 17 and tehnique 17. Preffered moves move into spaces and get into oposition area. Rooney would become an AMC or trequartista or inside forward, or something that suits him. What do u think, should i give it a try? also, how can i interract with a player to suggest him new moves? At training, mata has placed shots as prefered move.
Should i put mata play as a target man directly, or as a poacher and in team instructions set him as a target man?
playing with 2 advanced playmakers, one attacking and one support damages the team?
also, i am using man utd 4 3 2 1 patch 10.3 tactics, should i keep this or get the villa tactic? as i will play mata instead of villa. i`m waiting for your replays, thanx

Well the AML in the 4-3-2-1 is an inside forward, basically meaning they cut in and shoot rather than run down the wing to cross. So Mata should get plenty of goals there. And Rooney is your best striker.

ok, i read what you wrote and i`m seriously thinking of retraining mata as a striker, as he is already acomplished and he has very high attributes for run onto ball: acceleration 17, pace 16, off the ball 19 and first touch 18. also finishing 16, dribbling 17 and tehnique 17. Preffered moves move into spaces and get into oposition area. Rooney would become an AMC or trequartista or inside forward, or something that suits him. What do u think, should i give it a try? also, how can i interract with a player to suggest him new moves? At training, mata has placed shots as prefered move.
Should i put mata play as a target man directly, or as a poacher and in team instructions set him as a target man?
playing with 2 advanced playmakers, one attacking and one support damages the team?
also, i am using man utd 4 3 2 1 patch 10.3 tactics, should i keep this or get the villa tactic? as i will play mata instead of villa. i`m waiting for your replays, thanx

Ok. For me, if you can train Mata very well, he can be a monster in front of goal because his attributes as a attacker is good. I have trained Rooney as Inside Forward and he is so good in that position (AMR as Inside Forward). ^^) You can give a try so you can see the result. Believe me, Mata will be a good forward if he was trained well and his shadows and team mates is good too.

You just go to 'Interaction button' in Mata profile and scroll down. And then you can see the preferred moves that he can learns. You cannot use Target Man roles directly because this roles is not suits to player likes Villa and Mata as a fast striker. This target man roles just open space for his teammates and others to create a chance. We do not need this. Unless you have a strong and real target man likes Drogba.

So, play Mata as Poacher or Completed Forward. Since Complete Forward roles actually make player do his own job by giving him a free license to roaming, so this player needs a high of 'flair' to doing his own job. Then, you just tick the Target Man and choose him as your target man. Supply ball for Mata is run onto ball. If he cannot scores for 15 games change it to 'To feet'.

For me, playmaker is maximum by two players. One must be support and other one must be attack like Spain did in World Cup. It's up to you mate. Make sure your playmaker is good likes Silva and Gourcuff.

Do you have Villa? And do you want to use lonely striker or two strikers?

Last edited:
ok, i`m not really sure what tactics to use.. 4-3-2-1 , 4-3-2-1 B or villa man utd 3rd. i`ve transfered ozil mata gago riquelme for now. but i am not sure yet how to put them in the field. ozil as a winger or AMC, mata as a insight forward AML, rooney solo striker or along with mata? what do u say?
i think i will play 4-3-2-1, coz for 4-3-2-1 B, i have too much AMC and can`t play them into MC positons..like ozil and riquleme, considering mata as a inside forward..please come with opinions
also, on the left, ozil or mata, this is the question

Last edited:
ok, i`m not really sure what tactics to use.. 4-3-2-1 , 4-3-2-1 B or villa man utd 3rd. i`ve transfered ozil mata gago riquelme for now. but i am not sure yet how to put them in the field. ozil as a winger or AMC, mata as a insight forward AML, rooney solo striker or along with mata? what do u say?
i think i will play 4-3-2-1, coz for 4-3-2-1 B, i have too much AMC and can`t play them into MC positons..like ozil and riquleme, considering mata as a inside forward..please come with opinions

Ok. I will help you. ^^) Can you show me your line-up so I can give my opinion on your tactic that can be used.

this is my team, hope u can help me. i need to find the best positions for rooney ozil and mata... and i was thinking of:
1. ozil left winger, mata striker and rooney AMC
2. ozil amc, mata inside forward on the left and rooney striker
3. 2 strikers, rooney and mata, ozil on the left, and change the tactics to 4-3-2-1 B

Last edited:
I've tried your 4321 tactic and think it's quite good. but I had some problems to get the forward to score. mostly because my team wasted a lot of oppertunities by long shots. My trequartista wasn't playing that good either. But then I changed so none of my players went for the long shot and instead played the trough balls. I also changed the trequartista to inside forward, wich was really good because after this my ST and CAM did get a lot of chanses. and my CAM started playing really well.

just got beat once again with man u, this time 3-1 at home against portsmouth.
i dont get it, why am i loosing with the villa tactics ?

this is my team, hope u can help me

Ok. This is my opinion.

You can play either 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3 or 4-3-2-1 B.
For 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3, Rooney as your striker but his roles either Poacher or Complete Forward and I suggest as a Poacher, so his job just score. Ozil as AMC with roles of Attacking Midfielder or Trequartista. Or you can make him as Advanced Playmaker with attack duty. Mata as your Inside Forward and he needs to learn a 'cut inside' movement. So, he can cut inside from left flank. Also, make him to learn 'move into channel' so he can find a space to receive a ball.

Your Riquelme must be Advanced Playmaker and he must be your primary playmaker if his only a playmaker that you played. If not, he must be react as support duty in AP. Fletcher can be Box-to-Box because he has a good movement for BTB midfielder which is 'arrive lates in opponets areas'. Anderson can rotate with Fletcher and Carrick with Riquleme. If Riquelme is not natural in MC position, you need to train him. And I suggest Ozil must be train in MC position until natural so he can be rotate with Riquelme. ^^)

And to increase Vidic scores, played him as Centre Back at the left side. He always score lots of goals for me from corners. ^^) His partner could be Ferdinand or Evans.

For 4-3-2-1 B, it is base on 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3 but it slightly different at position and duty. The philopsohy is same. ;) For this latest tactic, I just want to winning ball qucikly so we can launch counter attack as soon as possible. That's why three MC's have a difference duty and roles; AP, BTB and BWM.

AML react as winger while AMR react as Inside Forward and lonely striker as CF. Or you can change it as Poacher. If you play this tactic, BWM is suits for Gago and Owen Hargreaves because they are good in marking and tackling compared to Carrick and Anderson.

Others are same. So, you want to increase your goals and win a matches, isn't? This could happen if the roles and duty that you give to your players is suits. Ozil must be learn to 'move into channels', 'tries killer balls always' and 'run with ball through centre'. So, he can bring down ball forward and pass to the Rooney. For Rooney you must train him to move into channels.

So, I think your team is suits to play either 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3 or 4-3-2-1 B. Make them gel first and you will look the result. ^^)

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

this is my team, hope u can help me. i need to find the best positions for rooney ozil and mata... and i was thinking of:
1. ozil left winger, mata striker and rooney AMC
2. ozil amc, mata inside forward on the left and rooney striker
3. 2 strikers, rooney and mata, ozil on the left, and change the tactics to 4-3-2-1 B

Ozil and Mata can plays as AMC and AML. But I think Ozil is better in AMC while Mata better in AML. Rooney as ST. If you want to play two strikers, Rooney as Deep-Lying Forward or Advanced Forward and Mata or Berbatov as Poacher. Target man is Mata. (H)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I've tried your 4321 tactic and think it's quite good. but I had some problems to get the forward to score. mostly because my team wasted a lot of oppertunities by long shots. My trequartista wasn't playing that good either. But then I changed so none of my players went for the long shot and instead played the trough balls. I also changed the trequartista to inside forward, wich was really good because after this my ST and CAM did get a lot of chanses. and my CAM started playing really well.

That' nice mate. Yeah, the problems come from AMC position. They cannot perform well. So, you have find a solution. I think Inside Forward is good at AMC and he will be react as shadows behind lonely striker. :D

ok, i`ll try 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3 with mata on left inside forward, rooney poacher, ozil AMC attack, riquelme retraining to MC and advanced playmaker attack, hope this should do it.tnx

for now, 3 games played: 4-0 leicester, 1-0 everton, 5-3 fulham, did a very good FH with fulham, 3-0 at break, but almost got defeated in the SH, when they were 3-3, lucky me with some counters and rooney scored..preety good for now, going to lpay more matches.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

question, what can be done about united finances, now i have on 35% money given from transfers, that`s too low, even if i sell berba for 15 mil i get like 5 mil..

Last edited:
Rooney is much more effective as a Advanced Forward Hanc ;) got 14 goals in 7 games in my previous save before i added the summer update :p

ok, i`ll try 4-3-2-1 patch 10.3 with mata on left inside forward, rooney poacher, ozil AMC attack, riquelme retraining to MC and advanced playmaker attack, hope this should do it.tnx

for now, 3 games played: 4-0 leicester, 1-0 everton, 5-3 fulham, did a very good FH with fulham, 3-0 at break, but almost got defeated in the SH, when they were 3-3, lucky me with some counters and rooney scored..preety good for now, going to lpay more matches.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

question, what can be done about united finances, now i have on 35% money given from transfers, that`s too low, even if i sell berba for 15 mil i get like 5 mil..

Nice mate. Hope you will enjoy a success..^^)
About that, I can't do anything. Same pronlem for me..i don't know why. Maybe you should ask other. :(

Rooney is much more effective as a Advanced Forward Hanc ;) got 14 goals in 7 games in my previous save before i added the summer update :p

wow..so he is great as AF. Nice to hear this Alex..hope he will scores more goals in this roles. (H)

Adance Forward is a player with Pace + Acceleration and finishing come on msn

Agreed, first game I switched him to advanced forward he got 2 goals.

updates to my game: 5-3, 3-2 2-0 but i still seem to get goals..maybe to keep them to gel

what training do u sugest to use?..my players tend to play awful in the last 30 minutes:-s

Last edited:
what training do u sugest to use?

For specific players or in general?

I did use the Ultimate training pack, but its way too intensive and your players get injured too much imo because of high workloads. Now I use Dan's training and its pretty good, plus there is a youth version.

If they play awful in the last 30min it hasn't got anything to do with the training.