hy, i just began with manchester and my team doesn`t play at all. I`ve been trying 4 2 2 and different tactics but they don`t seem to work, so i began to look at forums. I`ve downloaded the Man Utd 4-3-2-1 Patch 10.3 (Man Utd, Dec 2009) and i will use it. I transfered Mata Gago and Ozil, using mata as a Winger and ozil as a advanced playmaker. any sugestions?

EDIT: ok, i`ve uploaded the tactic and i`m using :
Van der sar
Brown vidic ferdinand evra
valencia ozil fletcher
rooney mata
berbatov

I`m thinking of selling berbatov owen heartgraves, and get dzeko in the winter.. what do u think about it?

I would switch Rooney to your striker role, then Ozil to AMC, I assume you have Carrick and Anderson still? They can be good advance playmakers or you might want to buy another. Also I would advise using Rafael as your RB, he is very good, makes minor mistakes but always performs for me and is better in attack than Brown.

Hi I was wondering how do I use the .tac file? I just got the game so I'm not very sure.

I'm also using Man Utd and I keep losing to the Wolves but I can win better teams.. What the **** is going on?

Download the tactic file, put it into a folder of your choice, lets say tactics folder. Then in the game in the tactics section there will be a drop down in the right hand corner and on it there will be something like 'import tactics' then when in there you can search your files for .tac files and import them.

yes, i have carrick still, but anderson is on loan. Maybe use carrick and gago?
how about adriano as a striker, i think i can get him for like 7 mil and he seems good for a target man..opinions?
i don`t have money now, i`ll make 1 transfer i guess in the winter..after i see owen berbatov and heartgraves

how about evans, is he good, or should i get another defender next year? for WB i think i will play fabio and rafael..

Last edited:
You shouldn't have loaned Anderson, can you recall him? He is ideal for the advance playmaker role.

You need a fast striker to run onto the ball, Rooney is ideal, Welbeck is also good. Get rid of Owen and Berbatov, us the money to buy an advance playmaker who you can use instead of Carrick.

i have rooney as a trequartista, and berbatov as a complete forward.
ozil is advanced playmaker/attack, fletcher is BTB midfielder
mata is inside forward on the left, and valencia is winger on the right.
i was thinking of getting dzeko/adriano/gilardino as a target man..rooney mentain his position, and maybe getting a dmc like veloso
ozil seems to have the qualities for an advanced playmaker(attack) should i change his position?
should I offload one of carrick fletcher gago, as anderson will come in the summer again?

Last edited:
hy, i just began with manchester and my team doesn`t play at all. I`ve been trying 4 2 2 and different tactics but they don`t seem to work, so i began to look at forums. I`ve downloaded the Man Utd 4-3-2-1 Patch 10.3 (Man Utd, Dec 2009) and i will use it. I transfered Mata Gago and Ozil, using mata as a Winger and ozil as a advanced playmaker. any sugestions?

EDIT: ok, i`ve uploaded the tactic and i`m using :
Van der sar
Brown vidic ferdinand evra
valencia ozil fletcher
rooney mata
berbatov

I`m thinking of selling berbatov owen heartgraves, and get dzeko in the winter.. what do u think about it?

You have set up al wrong mate switch Brown and Rafael , Vidic swapped with Ferdinand his marking is better (if you are using the 4-3-2-1 tactic ) Rooney as your striker Mata is more effective as AMC Ozil as winger just rotate with Mata when he gets tired.

Hargreaves would be vital for a season atleast a season for back up fo Fletcher if you have the money get Gourcuff for Advance Player just retrain him to CM.and use Carrick in the mean time and WTF were you thinking when you let Anderson go on loan lol ? hes class playmaker in the making.

I'm also using Man Utd and I keep losing to the Wolves but I can win better teams.. What the **** is going on?[/QUOTE]

You need to give the team 10-15 games to gel and the morale needs to be in superb to have them playing like a class team.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

i have rooney as a trequartista, and berbatov as a complete forward.
ozil is advanced playmaker/attack, fletcher is BTB midfielder
mata is inside forward on the left, and valencia is winger on the right.
i was thinking of getting dzeko/adriano/gilardino as a target man..rooney mentain his position, and maybe getting a dmc like veloso
ozil seems to have the qualities for an advanced playmaker(attack) should i change his position?
should I offload one of carrick fletcher gago, as anderson will come in the summer again?

Hey im good mates with Hanc and we have had great success with these Tactics if you want to use Berbatov upfront id set the role to Advance Forward worked for me :D Scored coming on as a sub against Chelsea :p

If i was you id not sell any of them Gago not needed but wont leave so soon after arriving in the team + Fletcher, Carrick + Gago will be good just have to offload one of them in summer when Anderson is back i always find Carrick to be the one i always want to get rid of but keep just for back up :)

Ozil as Winger Mata as AMC Rooney muh better than Berbatov so put him FC as Advance Forward and not really need a DMF unless you are considering using the 4-3-2-1 B with a Ball winning-midfielder.

Last edited:
ok ferdinand is cover, vidic is stopper, ozil playing winger, as inside forward is not good for him, rooney complete forward, mata trequartista, and fletcher + carrick in middle.. everything ok now? will try to offload owen and berba, and get gourcuff..hmm, guess not a really good start for me:(
heartgraves is still injured, 2 months at least

OK, EDIT, i have fletcher as a box to box, carrick as a advanced playmaker, and mata as a trequartista..all good? and gurcuff is unavailable, just been bought by one of my friends

Last edited:
mite work add my addy its further up in a post for another guy :)

I would play a formation like so

GK: VDS
RB: Rafael
LB: Evra
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
RM: Valencia
Advance playmaker: Carrick (for now)
Box to box CM: Fletcher
AML: Mata
AMC: Ozil
ST: Rooney

You could sell Carrick but seeing as you don't have Anderson that could create a problem. Sell Owen and Berbatov, you can get around 14mil for Berba I think and roughly 4mil for Owen too in my experience. With that you can buy a more suitable player for Advance playmaker.

Also, question of my own here, using the David Villa tactic (latest one) but havn't scored at all from corners. Any reason why? I havn't changed the setup at all or anything so I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:
I would play a formation like so

GK: VDS
RB: Rafael
LB: Evra
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
RM: Valencia
Advance playmaker: Carrick (for now)
Box to box CM: Fletcher
AML: Mata
AMC: Ozil
ST: Rooney

You could sell Carrick but seeing as you don't have Anderson that could create a problem. Sell Owen and Berbatov, you can get around 14mil for Berba I think and roughly 4mil for Owen too in my experience. With that you can buy a more suitable player for Advance playmaker.

Also, question of my own here, using the David Villa tactic (latest one) but havn't scored at all from corners. Any reason why? I havn't changed the setup at all or anything so I don't know what the problem is.

Yeah that formation is basically what i was hinting at :) Rotate Berbatov for the smaller Teams before European matches :p

And keep Owen + Berbatov you wont get much interest for Owen tbh with his history of injuries and Berbatov is the best cover for Rooney if injured or get tired before a big match :p

Forza-Juve come on MSN ill help ya :)

Yeah that formation is basically what i was hinting at :) Rotate Berbatov for the smaller Teams before European matches :p

And keep Owen + Berbatov you wont get much interest for Owen tbh with his history of injuries and Berbatov is the best cover for Rooney if injured or get tired before a big match :p

Chelsea bought Owen in my save for 4mil, then the next day he got an injury for 3 months:p
Plus the fans like it if you sell him.

I'm on now mate :)

Last edited:
Chelsea bought Owen in my save for 4mil, then the next day he got an injury for 3 months:p
Plus the fans like it if you sell him.

I'm on now mate :)

But you should still keep him for another backup is competent in AMC so you kow Mata and Rooney get injured you have cover

Well Welbeck is pretty good and young, plus you can get Marco Verratti for less than 250k and you already have loads of AMC prospects at United.

Well Welbeck is pretty good and young, plus you can get Marco Verratti for less than 250k and you already have loads of AMC prospects at United.

Be better if he lets the team gel then sell any one he feels aint good enough in 2010 august

Yeah I suppose but I always find that as long as the core of the team is intact you should be fine. Maybe like 4 new signings in your starting 11, then just get them as soon as possible so they have the pre season to gel. Helps if they speak the local language too.

Yeah I suppose but I always find that as long as the core of the team is intact you should be fine. Maybe like 4 new signings in your starting 11, then just get them as soon as possible so they have the pre season to gel. Helps if they speak the local language too.

I only get 3 at most XD

Guys, this is hints for you;

My tactic is applied a Target Man which is actually not a 'strong striker with higher heading and jumping' but it is appy for 'fast striker with higher acceleration, pace and off the ball'. Since that, I like to choose David Villa as my target man because he has a higher attributes for acceleration, pace and off the ball. Now, we want to look at the 'target man ball supply'.

1. To head - This apply for striker which is your target man with higher of 'heading, jumping, composure and strength'. So, the ball is supply to his head and he actually can scores by heading at the air. Also, he needs to be a 'stronger target man'.

2. To feet - This apply for striker with higher of 'technique, finishing, composure, pace, flair, first touch and strength'. The ball that was supply to this type of target man feet will make him use his skills to brings down a ball forward and also make other attackers joins to attack especially a winger and inside forward. He will dribbling pass opponents and make a desicion either to score or just hold the ball before pass to player in front of him. This type of player actually has higher of technique, flair and dribbling, so he can do his job very well. And you can see he will dribble pass two or three opponents and it was beautiful plays. ^^) Just remember that player with 'high technique' likes to use his skills to dribble or make unpredictable action plays. So, player likes Berbatov needs to be supply a ball to his feet since he lacks of acceleration.

3. Run onto ball - This apply for striker with higher of 'acceleration, pace, off the ball and first touch'. When we want our attacker especially target man move into channels, we want him to receive a ball in front of him. So he can make a run onto the ball and this will increase his chance to score because he has a great acceleration. This type of player is likes David Villa. Since he has great attributes for acceleration, off the ball, pace and finishing so he can move into channels to find a space and others will send a ball into a space infront of him. And then he will scores. ^^)

This is PPM's that needs for target man training with different supply ball.

1. To head - Move into channels, Plays with back to goal, Shots with power.

2. To feet - Move into channels, Run with ball through centre, Place shots, Likes to lob keeper and Likes to round keeper.

3. Run onto ball - Move into channels, Beat offside traps, Run with ball through centre and place shots.

For me, a striker needs to learn this;

1. Move into channels - means he will find space, so others will make a through ball and he will go for it. Incease attacks.

2. Place shots - So he can placed his shots everywhere. More goals to come when he is good composure.

3. Likes to round keeper - He can round keeper when one-on-one, so it will increase his chance to scores.

And the roles and duty that you give to your 'target man' also was influence in his chance to score a goal. My Villa was retired and become my coach staff. So, I have a great regens and I was changed his roles from 'Complete Forward' to 'Poacher' with a little bit tweak and ball supply also was changed from 'Run onto ball' to 'To feet'. All I want is to make him dribble pass opponents likes Messi and Ronaldo did and scores a goal. And he is doing a good job for me. Amazingly, he is not injured in league matches and have played 37 games in EPL for 2017-2018 season. ^^)

Hopes this will help you all. (H)

Last edited:
ok, i read what you wrote and i`m seriously thinking of retraining mata as a striker, as he is already acomplished and he has very high attributes for run onto ball: acceleration 17, pace 16, off the ball 19 and first touch 18. also finishing 16, dribbling 17 and tehnique 17. Preffered moves move into spaces and get into oposition area. Rooney would become an AMC or trequartista or inside forward, or something that suits him. What do u think, should i give it a try? also, how can i interract with a player to suggest him new moves? At training, mata has placed shots as prefered move.
Should i put mata play as a target man directly, or as a poacher and in team instructions set him as a target man?
playing with 2 advanced playmakers, one attacking and one support damages the team?
also, i am using man utd 4 3 2 1 patch 10.3 tactics, should i keep this or get the villa tactic? as i will play mata instead of villa. i`m waiting for your replays, thanx

Last edited: