Your welcome mate. :D

That's good hear your Villa back to track to score goals. Hope he can be great for you. If he cannot be so good, just try to change his role to poacher. ;)

You have done a good job i think because you have tweaked a ball winning midfielder for your benefit. Try to find ball winning midfielder that can marking, tackling, fast, creative and can dribble. So, he can win the ball and launch the counter attack quickly. ^^)

I think the "beat offside traps" is good for striker with speed, dribble, anticipation and finishing. And Villa needs it. I have got this from this forum; http://thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=52767

And you also can read from this forum; http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/...guide-a-definitive-look-hopefully-t31727.html

Likes to try to beat offside trap – Excellent for players with good speed and finishing + composure, who would love a direct passing game. However I believe that poor anticipation and decisions attributes will lead him to move too early and be caught offside in most cases.

For me, you need to train Villa to either these things;
1. Run with ball through center
2. Place shot
3. Round keepers

Hope this can help you. ^^)

great tks for that, i'm getting villa to learn dribble through center as we speak. i'm in my 3rd season now, thinking about maybe changing tactics to your 4-3-2-1 10.3.

could i ask which tactic you've fared better with? the 4-3-2-1-B or the 4-3-2-1 10.3? i'd like to know even if it's simply your personal preference.

i was thinking of switching as the 4-3-2-1 10.3 might help Villa be less lonely up front as it involves an AMC.

cheers mate.

Last edited:
Who do you guys play as the target man in the David Villa V3 formation? I'm guessing David Villa if you have him but I have Rooney and Dzeko as strikers, also have Welbeck and Lukaku as bench options, so who out of those would be the target man and which would be the complete forward?

Well Dzeko is best known for Target Man (not from my experience) and villa Complete Forward with Target man run onto ball

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

great tks for that, i'm getting villa to learn dribble through center as we speak. i'm in my 3rd season now, thinking about maybe changing tactics to your 4-2-3-1 10.3.

could i ask which tactic you've fared better with? the 4-3-2-1-B or the 4-2-3-1 10.3? i'd like to know even if it's simply your personal preference.

i was thinking of switching as the 4-2-3-1 10.3 might help Villa be less lonely up front as it involves an AMC.

cheers mate.

Which tactic are you using right now ?

Ive only used 4-3-2-1 so far and started a new game last night to use the 4-3-2-1 B

Well I don't have Villa. :)

I'm just confused about which forward roles to put Rooney and Dzeko in really.

Which tactic are you using right now ?

Ive only used 4-3-2-1 so far and started a new game last night to use the 4-3-2-1 B

oh, sry mate, meant 4-3-2-1 10.3, edited it in my original post now. i'm currently using 4-3-2-1-B, had good success with it, but am up for a change, specifically to involve an AMC, so i was wondering how the 4-3-2-1 10.3 worked out for you? any comparisons to note now having used both?

cheers!

oh, sry mate, meant 4-3-2-1 10.3, edited it in my original post now. i'm currently using 4-3-2-1-B, had good success with it, but am up for a change, specifically to involve an AMC, so i was wondering how the 4-3-2-1 10.3 worked out for you? any comparisons to note now having used both?

cheers!

The 4-3-2-1 was my preferred one cant be judgemental until used the 4-3-2-1 B one for at least a season but ive literally only just started last before i went to bed as ive played around 1-3 friendlies so far its going good but always does in freindlies as they are very low reputation teams.

Add me on MSN if you want XD Its [email protected]

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Hancuryhadi come on msn

Last edited:
Chapman, I've changed the Rooney and Dzeko roles where needed, in the team instructions menu who should I select as the targetman and with what kind of supply?

Chapman, I've changed the Rooney and Dzeko roles where needed, in the team instructions menu who should I select as the targetman and with what kind of supply?

As ive never really got any experience with Dzeko so i wouldnt know with him but as people have mentioned on the forum to supply bal to head so maybe that if you want him as it.

Rooney just easy hes quick so run onto ball :D

Thanks, one last thing then (I promise) who would you set as the target man via team instructions? As far as I know you can only choose one.

Thanks, one last thing then (I promise) who would you set as the target man via team instructions? As far as I know you can only choose one.

That what i meantby via team instructions and i dont mind helping :D

Ahh cool. I'll give them both a shot as my main target man in matches. I'm guessing that it might be best to have Dzeko so Rooney can play off him.

Ahh cool. I'll give them both a shot as my main target man in matches. I'm guessing that it might be best to have Dzeko so Rooney can play off him.

well i would say Rooney would be so he can make more opportunities for himself.

Add me on msn be lot easier lolq

Thanks for your help Alex :)

I changed Dzeko to target man via player roles and changed Rooney to advanced forward. Works a treat, I also gave Rooney a try as a complete forward but he didn't do well there, first game I changed him to advanced forward he scored twice. Dzeko is performing well too, got 5 goals in 3 league games so far and brings other players into play too, especially my AML and AMR. Since changing just these 2 players Nani has started performing well, he got a double in the league with Rooney assisting both times by playing him in and then scored in the CL with Dzeko playing him in.

And Rafael is now classed as a wonderkid, plus Matt James (in the reserves) 'could be the next David Beckham'.

Last edited:
On chriss22 update he described as wonderkid from start :D

Matt James never seen how good he got on a save be good to see if he does get as good (or decent enough) to Beckham :p

Last edited:
I'm using a different update then, because he wasn't called one but now a month into the game he is called a wonderkid. Fabio has improved more than him though :p

Yeah Matt James, starts off with half decent stats, I suppose he could do a decent job in league cup and FA cup games considering he is young. He is a CM so where they got the Beckham thing I don't know. I've got Carrick mentoring him though I think and his stats have gone up already.

hy, i just began with manchester and my team doesn`t play at all. I`ve been trying 4 2 2 and different tactics but they don`t seem to work, so i began to look at forums. I`ve downloaded the Man Utd 4-3-2-1 Patch 10.3 (Man Utd, Dec 2009) and i will use it. I transfered Mata Gago and Ozil, using mata as a Winger and ozil as a advanced playmaker. any sugestions?

EDIT: ok, i`ve uploaded the tactic and i`m using :
Van der sar
Brown vidic ferdinand evra
valencia ozil fletcher
rooney mata
berbatov

I`m thinking of selling berbatov owen heartgraves, and get dzeko in the winter.. what do u think about it?

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering how do I use the .tac file? I just got the game so I'm not very sure.

I'm also using Man Utd and I keep losing to the Wolves but I can win better teams.. What the **** is going on?

copy the file to users/my documents/sports interactive/tactics, or something like this.that should do it