nezza6969

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm to create this thread to help many people who have inbox me about having a successful time at any club.

In this thread I'm going to explain my ways how I am successful with any team I'm with with the amount of inbox I get is just crazy so I'm going to put up certain messages from people from around the world leading from tactics, players, training and transfers, I'm going to provide this so many will learn how to enjoy the game and hopefully give some inside information to develop into your own techniques.

1. which/what tactic shall I use.

first thing first I know a lot of people want to choose a tactic that has been shown on SS that it is good on all areas from goals scored to goals conceded, but this isn't the kind of tactic you should look at, what you need to do is look at your team first even before you look at tactic, I will take my favourite team Newcastle United as my examples.

when I'm looking at my players Iv'e already notice that I have only 1 natural winger ( Obertan ) whilst the rest are central area players like CM & AMC, so with there's no point in having a winger tactic like a 4-4-2, 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1, so my options would be winger-less tactic like a 4-3-1-2, 4-1-2-1-2 etc,etc

second have a look at your players roles to see what's there strongest area and most preferred role, with the reports your player should have 3 roles he can play so pay extra attention to this, so after looking at my players I have mixed roles from BWM/ANC to DLP/AP in the midfield department so my best bet is to use the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and utilize the BWM/ANC roles to full affect so my team should look like this

Krull
Debuchy, Collo, Mbiwa, Santon
Tiote
Anita, Sissoko
HBA
Cisse, Remy

this is how you should be setting up team tactics not setting players around tactics because success may not be guaranteed.

always pick the tactic for your players not the players for your tactic.

If you pick a team that have 3 or more wingers use winger tactic as stated above like a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-4-2 etc,etc

2. Match and General training.

So many times I have seen this on many tactic threads about people asking about Match and General training and to me if you don't know how to set up your own Training you shouldn't be playing this game, just because the tactic creator has his own ways on training doesn't mean you will get the same results as him.

look at your team during games to see where the problems are, if your conceding to many goals use defensive positions and if your not creating enough goals or not creating many chances use attacking movement etc,etc

always use your own training not somebody else's.

3. Players training.

Never ever let any coach tell you how to train your player many times on my save I have my coaches tell me to train certain players on long balls I will take Anita as an example.

Anita is a good all rounder DM/CM player with fantastic attributes from marking at 14/15, tackling at 14/15 and passing at 14/15 these are the attributes you should be training on to get them into the blue ( which is my colour for a high attribute ) hit these into the colour which should be 16 by then and then move on to the other attributes.

if you have young players with 15 attributes on the ones that can be trained through training, get them to 16 and move on to the next one.

more blues the better the player.

4. What players to buy/sell?

Don't be to hasty on selling your poor players I will take Marveaux for an example with this one.

just because there star ratings are low doesn't mean he won't perform to your standards in fact he could become your top player like my Marveaux was in the first season with Newcastle he had 18 assist and 14 goals with an average rating of 8.1 - 9.8 and had 16 MOTM awards and 4 player of the month awards and if you compared him to HBA with attributes you will all know who is the better player is by a mile.

selling for more - I love this part of the game and it's my favourite part selling players, but there's a few ways to get more in the future for any player you are selling but here's my way.

first check to see hows he doing with performance and if he's playing well you should always ask for more, I will take HBA for an example.

HBA is an cracking player and probably the best player for Newcastle ( on this game guys not in real life :) ) so you should take full advantage of this, most times it's always PSG, Liverpool and Arsenal that want him in the first season and they will offer big money for him as well.

so lets see HBA is valued at 17.5-18.5 million which by Newcastle standards is a lot of money so you will want over 25 million for him AND you will want 50% of the next sale, but make sure it's 50% of next sale and not profit from next sale, the difference with these are

% of next sale is if the player gets sold for 10 million you will receive % of that sale

but if you have % of profit from next sale this means the player you sold must be sold for over the valuation the other team paid from you, simple terms

if the player was sold for 9 million you won't receive any money from the deal since the other team purchased him from you for 10 million.

always get as much as you can when selling players even if it's for you poor players you should always want a % of his next sale regardless of who he is.

selling young players 15-24 again use the 50% of next sale because young players always have an sell on value but I will put a little settlement of % depending on certain age.

14-24 50%
24-28 25-40%
28+ 10-20%

your key players 35-50%

this way you can profit from sale in the future or even your board can make a deal with the other teams to buy/sell the clause which could come in handy if your short in cash.

also don't be afraid to sell players over future monthly instalments this is very handy because of extra income every month at the end of the day if your board receive good money every month you will get more transfer/wage budget over the years.

big offers don't come along every day so just say if PSG offered 30 million in cash for your player don't hesitate in asking for 20 million in cash and 10 million over 48 months period, this way you have 20 million to spend on improving the squad and a nice monthly income to keep your board happy.

buying player is a whole new story because like most they only go for high profile names and even young top stars but for me though I go for players who are performing really well but I will put up a quick list on what to look at when buying a player.

1a- Nationality - make sure you have players who are in the same nation as your own players like France, Germany, Spain, Italy, English etc,etc

there's no point in buying 1 Brazilian player whilst the rest of your squad is French?! buy 2 Brazilians so they both can connect better , no teams should have a black sheep.

1b- Language - make sure the player you buy can speak your nation language for instant if you an English football team like Man U etc,etc make sure the player can speak English or basic English this will help the new player develop better and get to know his team mates better.

if you get a player who can only speak say Spanish make sure you have a player in your team who can speak both Spanish & English this will also help him settle.

but don't worry to much into this though because it take about a full season for your foreign player to speak basic English and also don't worry about buying a player for top money who speaks both because there's free agents who can do the job.

also if you can, purchase players with straight cash and NOT monthly instalments, I know you want the best young team in the world but don't forget they could be flops and a waste of your money, if say you bought a player with a 48 monthly instalment and he turns into a flop and you sell him in the second season you still have to pay the monthly instalments to the other team you purchased him from, meaning the other team has benefited from the sale whilst you lose out.

5. Second Season Syndrome?

this is an myth in my opinion and the reason this happens is because you expect to much every season for instant.

1- Winning the league with a smaller/average team, this will provide extra pressure for your players.

2- buying far too many players, team cohesion and moral will suffer big time.

3- selling far to many of you better players, this will lead to your team not trusting your high standards and will be put under pressure and they will think that they are next and losing a better player will provide your current players to think you have no ambition to take the club forward.

4- when your club reputation becomes better other lesser teams will play a more deeper defensive style making it harder for your team to break them open.

how to avoid this ? - be sensible about your dealings and always keep them happy during training, if a good offer comes in for one of your players and you sell him replace him ASAP.

for instant if you have sold 1 RB only replace him with 1 RB, don't go and bring in 3 players this will upset the teams moral, only replace players you have sold.

selling players that's in your reserves and have no chance in the first team will not affect the first team players moral or team cohesion , so you can sell as many reserves as you want.

but for first team players though try avoid selling loads of you first team players maybe 1-2 a season that's all.

well guys that's all for now but I have many more inbox messages waiting to resolved so I will keep a few post reserved and if anyone needs advance let me know through this thread because there's many fellow FM out there that would gladly help if they had the time.

Last edited:
1. I can't win the league with any tactic with an average team.

don't expect to much from your team, your best bet is to only have your targets met in fact this should be your only priority at the moment until you have the right players and you feel you can compete with the top teams and enter Europe, don't be to hasty in winning the league with an average team because if you did win the league in your first season with say Southampton your board and fans will expect the same from you and the lads which could lead to extra extra pressure for you, you also got to think about the players you have because if have won the league then the top teams around you will hunt down your top players and it's up to you to keep them at Southampton and keep them happy.

also having won the league your players would want more wages meaning your wage budget that you's tried to keep good will suddenly spiral out of control and so will transfers budgets when buying players, teams will ask for much more.

So only reach your targets until you have enough faith to get them a bit further.

2. players not performing well what should I do?

first thing to look for with this is check his game stats to see were the problem is, is it his passing, tackling? this could be training issue or simply he can't handle your style but here's a few simple tips.

always talk to your players whether if it's they are performing badly are even very good, but if it's mostly bad performance talk to him and ask him either calmly or assertively that there performance have dropped and try to pick it up in the next few games.

If this still persist talk to him assertively and warn him about loaning him out and if this again still persist again warn him to sell him, but though don't give him only 1 or 2 games give him a good run of 5 games in total to measure how he performs.

if it's a young lad around 17-20 that's playing badly don't be afraid to loan him for a season long loan and make sure he has either first team or key player starts when loaning him out to another team and play him in his natural position, this way he going to get first team starters and could develop better.

3. I'm not getting good enough youths through even though I have a top Head youth development.

Don't worry about this every team have there 2 star youth players coming through but you can easily turn your 2 star youth player into a 3-4 youth player.

first though check your facilities and make sure you improve them every season in fact this should be top priority for every club.

here's a link about the facilities rankings

http://www.mypassion4footballmanager.com/2014/01/football-manager-training-facilities.html

my method for 2 star rating youth players is to have good tutors with high Determination around 16-20 the higher the determination for young players the better and quicker they will improve, look at the free agents with high determination to tutor your youths, over a course of a season if trained and tutored right you will see your youths attributes rise quickly and sometimes there Determination will be at the same level as the tutor which is a big step on improving your young players.

here's an perfect example on a youth player who has made it to the first team , he was only 1 and a half star rated player until I used my training technique.

View attachment 347076

now he's becoming a top talent for my side with second season offers from Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Man City, Chelsea.

but I turned them down with him being so young and I know I could X5 his valuation in years to come.

4. On a winning streak then suddenly lose big time.

this is an on going even in real life, in fact for me anyway this could be a good thing with loosing a few games simply because if you win every game your players will become complacent and think they can win every game coming to them but it's your job to keep your guys hungry and get the best out of them every game, but you must check there stats after full time to see who was the better team, and if you where a better team by a mile don't be aggressive no matter what team you are instead tell them they where unlucky or despite the results you played well because at the end of the day it's about performance.

Last edited:
1. Why is it I can against big teams but lose against small/lesser teams?

this is where your logic comes in to test you, big/top teams tend to go all out on attack they don't care about defending or keeping control of the ball they just want to be in the attacking position and try to punish you BUT with this method they are using they are vulnerable at the back.

my philosophy is don't ever counter the big teams, this may work in real life but this is a game so the ME ( Match Engine ) will expect you to do this and 70% of time you counter big/top teams you will lose.

instead go out on attack, don't control the game don't counter the game just go for broke, most top teams won't see this coming and it's them that will get punished for being to cocky because at the end of the day against big/top teams it's about putting 3 points on the board.

against lower/lesser teams it's the same concept as above but this time your a top team going out to attack thinking you will win the game whilst leaving your back 4 exposed and the lower/lesser teams will hit you hard on attack and go for broke, be smart and don't be afraid to control or defend the game or even counter them.

2. What's the best way to set up rotation players?

My recommendation would be to have 2 sets of mixed good players to keep there fitness levels high, don't just have say your 1st set full of your best players and your 2nd set full of poor players, mix them up because your players may work well with others.

this also would give you a better understanding who is a good player also who is the worse player.

Iv'e kept a good rotation of players in my first 3 seasons and the overview so far has been nothing but outstanding

View attachment 345269 View attachment 345266 View attachment 345265

so far using my techniques on my thread for my Newcastle save I have done very very well with progressing and for 3 seasons I have always rotated my players so for each game my players fitness levels are at a max.

3. What PPM's to use ( Player prefer moves )

look at your player to see what's his most effective strengths on his attributes and what it could contribute into the style of tactic you are using for instant.

fast striker - Knock ball past opponent

good finisher - places shot or blast ball

good passing - plays one two

good dribbler - dribble down left/right flanks/dribble through centre

these alone could make a difference between winning and losing and could also have a better performance from your players and even individual effort from your certain player.

but also you got to think about roles they are best at like play-makers, ball winners etc,etc and the style of your tactic whether it's direct or short passing.

Also what you could do is scout the best players on the game like Messi, C.Ronaldo, Shola Ameobi ;) and look at there PPM's, Messi PPM's would be superb for your AMC whether he's an SS or a AP.

same with C.Ronaldo with winger or inside forwards.

4. Who should I sing or release from the youths?

This can actually be a tricky thing on who to sign or release from the youths but I will take one of my worse youth players for example for this

View attachment 345249

as you can see from above re's many factors to think about when releasing youths, his age, his valuation, his training, his Ability and his form,

so with Nick here he has a 4 star current ability and a 1 star potential ability so this guy isn't going to be my first team, his form is ok but not the best , so far it ain't looking good and at 18 he ain't going to develop into a world class player BUT WAIT don't be to hasty on letting this player go, why you ask? well look at his valuation and contract he is worth 88k and his contract doesn't run out until 2020.

so again you's will be thinking but he's only worth 88k there's no point in signing!? but I say you's are wrong, if your youth player has a good valuation I would say 60k+ you can sell him in years to come, you won't get massive amounts of millions for him but you got to understand that your 1 star rating player is another teams 4 star rating player so sooner or later teams are going to buy this lads from lower leagues and at this time you can add the % of his next sale and gain a profit.

here's another example of one of my youths who wasn't good but he ended up at a good team ( and many Newcastle fans will know this guy )

View attachment 345240 View attachment 345239

So I sold him for 130k with the 50% of next sale to Everton now he's worth 450k, so if he gets sold on again I will profit from this deal :)

Last edited:
good points put forward nezza! can i also ask what happened to that tactic you were developing awhile back?

good points put forward nezza! can i also ask what happened to that tactic you were developing awhile back?

sorry about that mate, Iv'e got a baby on the way and I'm spending most times doing up the nursery, my Mother has also moved out of her house and is now living in a bungalow so I had to sort the House and bungalow out, so I haven't had time to go on FM.

Disagree with signing many players...i bought about 10 players and sold about 10 players in 2nd season and team cohesion didnt suffer. I kept my key players, which i think is the most important beside that that you sign your targets very early.

Disagree with signing many players...i bought about 10 players and sold about 10 players in 2nd season and team cohesion didnt suffer. I kept my key players, which i think is the most important beside that that you sign your targets very early.

"i bought about 10 players and sold about 10 players"

did you read the thread? I stated that if you sell a player then replace him so if you sold 10 players and brought in 10 players this is the same principle, 1 goes 1 comes in , this is all right but say if you sold 1 player and then brought in 3-4 players this will damage moral and team cohesion.

Your statement:

Although i agree about "1 out 1 in", no matter what did you mean with above statement.

I've not seen moral drop because of lots of signings, but to say team cohesion won't be affected is wrong. In my game, my team cohesion was "the players are willing to die for each other". I signed 2 players in January, sold none, and it dropped to "the players have formed an extremely strong bond" or something to that effect. So saying buying and selling 10 players will have no affect on team cohesion is wrong. Of course you can still have good results with lower team cohesion.

Your statement:

Although i agree about "1 out 1 in", no matter what did you mean with above statement.

aye mate 1 in 1 out, I would say 2 positions in every role like 2xRB, 2xLB, 2xGK, but though I would go for 4 positions in CB, CM, ST but it really depends on the tactic shape.

so if your a 4-1-2-1-2 style tactic there no point in having 5-8 AMC players ;)

I've not seen moral drop because of lots of signings, but to say team cohesion won't be affected is wrong. In my game, my team cohesion was "the players are willing to die for each other". I signed 2 players in January, sold none, and it dropped to "the players have formed an extremely strong bond" or something to that effect. So saying buying and selling 10 players will have no affect on team cohesion is wrong. Of course you can still have good results with lower team cohesion.

what year mate for your players to have that kind of rating for team cohesion?

I'm on my second season with Newcastle with only selling 2 player and brought in 2 players and my rating is "players have a strong connection ) are something like that.

In individual training , what tipe of training we must use ? averege or hard ? Or should we use hard for younger players and averege for the rest ?

aye mate 1 in 1 out, I would say 2 positions in every role like 2xRB, 2xLB, 2xGK, but though I would go for 4 positions in CB, CM, ST but it really depends on the tactic shape.

so if your a 4-1-2-1-2 style tactic there no point in having 5-8 AMC players ;)

I play with my favourite formation 4-1-2-2-1.

Hard to say, how many players i have for each position, because they are very versatile,almost each can play i at least 2 position...CB can play LB/RB, DMC can plan CB or CM, LW/RW can play ST and so on :D

Off course...goalie can play only in that position :p

Crane

This level of TC is the highest, so is the most vulnerable. I am talking about medium level...strong understanding.

Last edited:
what year mate for your players to have that kind of rating for team cohesion?

I'm on my second season with Newcastle with only selling 2 player and brought in 2 players and my rating is "players have a strong connection ) are something like that.

2019. It's attainable within about 2-3 years though, maybe shorter, maybe longer depending on signings and time spent training team work or team cohesion (I do neither now, as it can hinder player development).

if you sign loads of players moral will drop throughout the squad this tends to lead players thinking that there to many players that can play in there positions.

Team Cohesion will drop due to the nation the player is from and the language barrier, if you have squad full of English players then you suddenly buy 1 player who is Brazilian and can't speak a word of English, he will become unsettled

I play with my favourite formation 4-1-2-2-1.

Hard to say, how many players i have for each position, because they are very versatile,almost each can play i at least 2 position...CB can play LB/RB, DMC can plan CB or CM, LW/RW can play ST and so on :D

Off course...goalie can play only in that position :p

Crane

This level of TC is the highest, so is the most vulnerable. I am talking about medium level...strong understanding.

What was your team cohesion before and after you signed and sold 10 players? I find it very, very hard to believe it'll stay the same. Maybe if they're all from the same country/speak the same language.

In individual training , what tipe of training we must use ? averege or hard ? Or should we use hard for younger players and averege for the rest ?

for training always keep your players happy, they will develop better and quicker as a team, so I would suggest having balance with the slider all the way to the left and have it on very heavy and have there individual training on heavy as well.

when you do this you will notice in your player training section that his workload is on medium and when you check on the overview training section you will see a pie chart that's nearly all green.

the more green the better.

What was your team cohesion before and after you signed and sold 10 players? I find it very, very hard to believe it'll stay the same. Maybe if they're all from the same country/speak the same language.

Before that was strong understanding, then dropped to good understanding, but after a month or more in team cohesion training back to that level. I sign brazilians, french, brazilians, swiss, colombian and someone from ivory coast (H)

Although, i had in my team french, swiss, brazilian and colombian.