for training always keep your players happy, they will develop better and quicker as a team, so I would suggest having balance with the slider all the way to the left and have it on very heavy and have there individual training on heavy as well.

when you do this you will notice in your player training section that his workload is on medium and when you check on the overview training section you will see a pie chart that's nearly all green.

the more green the better.

Scheduling bar all the way to the left? So in a week with 1 game, you'll only train on the players attributes for 4 days, the rest on match preparation for the next game? With 2 games a week you won't get any training days?

Scheduling bar all the way to the left? So in a week with 1 game, you'll only train on the players attributes for 4 days, the rest on match preparation for the next game? With 2 games a week you won't get any training days?

it's all about keeping them happy, attributes on my players are through the roof in the first team and youths and in a full season I had no one in the training reports from the *** man saying there development is very poor only my reserves players ( mainly ageing players 30+ ) that have been unimpressive

I'm sure you could keep them happy while also actually letting them train ;)

Only time I ever ave the scheduling bar all the way to the left is pre season to get my tactics familiarity to 100%. Keeping it to the left the whole time will be detrimental to player development. Keeping it too far as to the right as possible is obviously the optimal for player development.

My training looks like this:

Tactics/High
50% both ticked
Teamwork

Individual training heavy.

With this schedule training isn't too heavy, so nobody complaining and I can train tactical attributes and the most important attributes for their roles.

My training looks like this:

Tactics/High
50% both ticked
Teamwork

Individual training heavy.

With this schedule training isn't too heavy, so nobody complaining and I can train tactical attributes and the most important attributes for their roles.

Obviously, since at 50% scheduling your team is barely training at all. Not surprised they aren't complaining!

Just pointing out that it's certainly not the most efficient way of developing players long term, having it at 50% is obviously meaning you're more focused on the short term, nothing wrong with that ;)

Just pointing out that it's certainly not the most efficient way of developing players long term, having it at 50% is obviously meaning you're more focused on the short term, nothing wrong with that ;)

Lol...my players progressing very well. What are you talking about? :)

Lol...my players progressing very well. What are you talking about? :)

Yeah, but don't you think they'd progress a bit quicker if they spent more time on the training ground, and not preparing for the next match? I'm failing to understand how you don't get this.

Obviously training is only one part of player development, and with giving them what they need in other areas they will progress (match time etc).

Sir...dont be so narow minded.

Teamwork is the most important thing for long term success, so i want to focus max to that area, while i want to gain mental attributes via general training. Individual training are set to heavy level to increase technical and physical attributes.

Probably would be better to move a bit to the right, but they progress very well with that schedule already.

Ah I thought you meant you did that training all the time, didn't understand you were quite early in your save. Sorry about that.

Yeah, but don't you think they'd progress a bit quicker if they spent more time on the training ground, and not preparing for the next match? I'm failing to understand how you don't get this.

Obviously training is only one part of player development, and with giving them what they need in other areas they will progress (match time etc).

Individual training is on top of what the team training is. This is why his players are developing so well. I sometimes put team training very low to increase player attribute development. Whilst avoiding making them too tired or even injured.

This is a great thread nezza, it seems we play almost exactly the same way.

This is kind of the idealist's guide to FM.. Sadly signing players who perform well, & not rushing to buy all the wonderkids doesn't work out the way it should on FM. Also, over-achieving in the first season does put some added pressure on your squad for next season, however, the board are usually still relatively realistic with their goals.

If there was one thing I could get rid of from FM it would be those ****** star ratings!

Interesting point on the % of next transfer fee, never thought about it tbh but it seems like a good idea, especially if it can be added to a deal without reducing the transfer fee. Good bit about the youth players, I always consider determination the most important aspect of training/ buying youth players, without that they will almost certainly turn out to be awful (unless they're one of those weird world-class 17 year old regens!)

Individual training is on top of what the team training is. This is why his players are developing so well. I sometimes put team training very low to increase player attribute development. Whilst avoiding making them too tired or even injured.

I never said it didn't? All I'm saying is that having the scheduling bar all the way to the left will take time away from team and individual training.

Not going to go into how determination has no effect on how quickly a player develops now :D

Last edited:
What I do every save, no matter what the team is to buy young wonderkids, I only spend a large sum on wonderkids I know will become a part of my squad immediately, they will then improve, eventually most of my teams are basically teams built around youth players, in five years time they are one of the best in the world, regens will help me build a squad to succeed them when they all decline at the same time (due to their similar age).

in this game its all about patience.you cant expect to win everything every time. if you cant wait another season to win that shity trophy then this game is not for you :D

I never said it didn't? All I'm saying is that having the scheduling bar all the way to the left will take time away from team and individual training.

Not going to go into how determination has no effect on how quickly a player develops now :D

Sorry mate, I must have misunderstood your other posts, and you are right about match preperation being detrimental to player development if left so high. I see you and diavolo came to an understanding lol I should have gone to sleep before posting. XD.

The determination issue is something you could go into, I've read how it doesn't affect development but I do feel it's needed for successful teams.

in this game its all about patience.you cant expect to win everything every time. if you cant wait another season to win that shity trophy then this game is not for you :D

very very true mate, this game is about patience, I enjoy creating tactics but to create tactics that win you the league in the first season really takes the fun out of the game