My thoughts & views on Fm13 Match Engine and tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 43K
Hey Raikan

Just figured something out. Having a balanced strategy in this game seems to be the key in unlocking killer tactics. just been observing, attacking strategy brings more frustration than anything else and conceding goals like crazy.

will upload a tactic soon :)

Last edited:
Something that keeps happening to me is when the ball is going towards me defender and an opposition striker is running toward it... even though my defender is much closer and could easily get to the ball before him, they just back away and let the striker get it, which usually results in the striker getting through on goal and scoring.

Happens fairly regularly too. Anyone else getting that?

Last edited:
Something that keeps happening to me is when the ball is going towards me defender and an opposition striker is running toward it... even though my defender is much closer and could easily get to the ball before him, they just back away and let the striker get it, which usually results in the striker getting through on goal and scoring.

Happens fairly regularly too. Anyone else getting that?

Same problem here. Once had 4 defenders going for a ball, all of them missing, 3 falling, and leaving the striker alone at the keeper

Same problem here. Once had 4 defenders going for a ball, all of them missing, 3 falling, and leaving the striker alone at the keeper

My defenders seem to love to run in the opposite direction from the ball and the striker usually runs onto the ball and smashes it home.

In previous years of this game some of the things the match engine is doing would have made me rage so hard. I think I've finally reached a point where all I do is shake my head and smile.

I keep routinely getting 8/9 goals put past me whenever I play man utd or man city. Not using any profound tactic or anything. Generally doing well with 3 top 10 finishes with Leicester. It just seems that Man utd and Man city's vastly superior players always play there very best against me. Surely something's amiss, most annoying was Man utd were having a poor season yet hammer me.

Yep, that's exactly what happens. Has to be a bug in the ME, surely?

Yes I have to agree it must be the ME, I'm sure SI will pick it up in one of the updates...at least I hope so.

I'm also wondering too if SI predicted the future with some of the crazy score lines and leaky defences we are seeing in the EPL/cup competitions at the moment.

This fm 13 match engine sucks like **** :(

my goalkeepers cant even catch a ball straight at them, not to mention my players mysteriously not reacting to a striker in the final third or EVEN moving away from him like he was the plague -.-

Some unbelievable stuff include players dribbling the ball out of play when there is no one near them or my players crossing directly to an opponent when theres no teammate in the area from a corner....

seriously - dude wtf???????

Its got to the point where i just have to laugh. If i don't laugh i'll cry.

Back