My thoughts & views on Fm13 Match Engine and tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 43K
Got the game, will play tonight and hope my 4-1-1-3-1 will work (not working in fm12).

In Beta i had this formation working well on defense and passing, not getting too many shoots, witch i think it's my forward problem. never seem to get the right role for Tevez, according to the descriptions of the roles in the game. I even think that the defensive forward is the best!

If the pressing and tackling are fixed, that this will be the best fm!

Four match engine exploits that may be patched in the coming weeks:

- Direct Passing instead of Default or Short
- Closing down a lot
- 4-2-3-1 Narrow and Wide Version (AMC is left free to create havoc)
- Taking long shots (Works with above exploit)

Last edited:
for me the pressing is still an issue, also players don't cut out simple through balls enough but that could be a mental attribute issue. It is growing on me the new match engine and this game will be epic once bugs are sorted. scored a really freaky goal though dunno if it was just a one off when i figure outhow to upload highlights ill post it in the funny random things page for all to see

Four match engine exploits that may be patched in the coming weeks:

- Direct Passing instead of Default or Short
- Closing down a lot
- 4-2-3-1 Narrow and Wide Version (AMC is left free to create havoc)
- Taking long shots (Works with above exploit)

If you think there are issues with these, post evidence here: Match Engine/3D and Team Talks so they can be examined before the next set of updates

for me the pressing is still an issue, also players don't cut out simple through balls enough but that could be a mental attribute issue. It is growing on me the new match engine and this game will be epic once bugs are sorted. scored a really freaky goal though dunno if it was just a one off when i figure outhow to upload highlights ill post it in the funny random things page for all to see

There is a freaky goal bug. PaulC made an error in ME update 1310, its not common at all, but it will be fixed asap.

There is a freaky goal bug. PaulC made an error in ME update 1310, its not common at all, but it will be fixed asap.

Would it be when a foul is given to the defending team in the box, the keeper throws the ball out to take it then just stands in the goal and after 10 seconds or so of nothing happening striker runs up and rolls the ball into the net?

I've already raised it and spoken to SI about it Mike. It should be patched soon.

Last edited:
Would it be when a foul is given to the defending team in the box, the keeper throws the ball out to take it then just stands in the goal and after 10 seconds or so of nothing happening striker runs up and rolls the ball into the net?

Rofl. Yes.

The trouble is not everyone has/posts actively on an account on the SI forums.

You don't need to be a regular to post a bug, in the time it takes to create an ultimately useless "rant" thread, you could create a useful bug thread. That's what annoys me. Certain sections of the fanbase, have almost become too entitled.

You don't need to be a regular to post a bug, in the time it takes to create an ultimately useless "rant" thread, you could create a useful bug thread. That's what annoys me. Certain sections of the fanbase, have almost become too entitled.

True, I do find rants annoying. Especially if they have nothing constructive to say that could help SI.

Is anyone getting the feeling, that with the amount of time Mike puts into tactics, adjustments etc....he's going to be pretty dam near unplayable on a head-to-head. I suspect there's going to be a lot of people conveniantly disconnecting near FT lol

Hah! Not if I can help it.

That little update/bug fix this afternoon just changed the feel of the game somewhat. The tactic I'm currently working on has lost a bit of impetus attacking. Suddenly turned from a blitz tactic to a possession tactic. One of my midfielders have consistently made 130-160 passes over 3 games!

The updates have added so much to the game match engine wise. Everything feels so new and fluid. I think the most important point to make is that no matter how much we argue about what is effective in this match engine, every single style now can be successfully implemented. Target men, three man defences, what have you. Anything. And that's brilliant.

Once, you douche!

:D

Back