My thoughts & views on Fm13 Match Engine and tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 43K
One caveat, though, come to think of it: goalkeeper distribution still hasn't been fully fixed. Hopefully they properly sort it out soon, but it's not game-breaking by any means at the moment.

EDIT:

Spam much mods??

Reporting this for spam. Tut tut.

One caveat, though, come to think of it: goalkeeper distribution still hasn't been fully fixed. Hopefully they properly sort it out soon, but it's not game-breaking by any means at the moment.

To avoid any problems with that I just get my GK to pass the ball to nearest defender. Pretty much either rolls the ball out to nearest defender or throws to LB/RB. Like to keep everything short and simple. Lot of things I've never used before I'm using this time round are proving to be very effective like play out of defence. Got me a bit of a winning streak including a win against Portsmouth which is pretty good for Waterlooville

Last edited:
Reporting this for spam. Tut tut.
One is merely stating that a mere mortal newbie may be accused of such. Green and reddish coloured names shouldn't make folk immune to such accusations :P

To avoid any problems with that I just get my GK to pass the ball to nearest defender. Pretty much either rolls the ball out or throughs to LB. Like to keep everything short and simple. Lot of things I've never used before I'm using this time round are proving to be very effective like play out of defence. Got me a bit of a winning streak including a win against Portsmouth which is pretty good for Waterlooville

Mmm, I try to get it to do that but it occasionally buggers up entirely and just hoofs it long. Some of the time I'm actually pleased to see that though, since the game is rewarding the opposition's high pressure by forcing my team out of its regular playstyle. The other 20% of the time where it does it for no reason at all I'm not so thrilled about.

One is merely stating that a mere mortal newbie may be accused of such. Green and reddish coloured names shouldn't make folk immune to such accusations :P

Yeah, but newbie bashing is fun. :D

Finally finished pre-season and Siem de Jong unleashes a shot so powerful it crashed my game. Back to pre-season I go.

Match Engine crashed again. >.<

*Insert generic post about SI not caring about this years version, making the game worst and stealing my money.*

Match Engine crashed again. >.<

*Insert generic post about SI not caring about this years version, making the game worst and stealing my money.*

They is only lining their own pockets innit. They don't care about us consumers and stuff

Edit-just had a string error upon exiting the game...don't want to go into it to check.... :S

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it seem to anyone else that the pitch seems to play like ice? lol Countless times I've seen players just run right past the ball or run into the ball and it just bounces off them...not to mention the ball skidding off the pitch from a tiny flicked pass lol Not too sure what's going on there

has anyone tried to implement a few of these things and are they working?

lol aussie, I am not mad :) just frustrated with the game at present hahaha

I made my first tactic the other day so just kept it simple.

4-2-3-1 Control Fluid just added more roaming and shorter passing left the d line and all that on its default setting and didn't tweak any of my players instructions just gave them the roles and dutys I wanted and its been going quite well for me as Ajax.

Won 10 of 11 Home games with them with the one game I didn't win being a draw against Barca in the CL. Sigporsson has 17 goals in 14 starts and 2 sub appearances. Scored 41 goals in 16 league games.

Problem for me though has been my away form. Lost a few which saw me get knocked out of the dutch cup and finish 2 points off Dortmund in my group which was disappointing after I beat them at home.

Im 5 points clear in the league though after 16 games thanks to my home form though. I seem to have come up with a decent home tactic.

Can anyone give me some advice on what approach to take away from home? This is my first attempt at setting up my own tactics so im still lacking in knowledge in regards to some aspects.

Buuuut if this is true and the default settings are the best way to go...doesn't that take the actual fun out of the game a little? Although frustrating, isn't it what made the game rewarding in the past to find a tiny tweak that made your team click? I feel the game might lose its challenge if it's just gonna be about finding players who best fit a role. I felt it was going that way in fm12 and preferred moves had too much influence over a player. I much prefered looking endlessly for a player with the stats that looked good and being able to shape him to play how I wanted on the pitch

The prefered player moves made no sense to me on the last version and still doesn't. I tried numerous times trying to train Modric to attempt killer through balls to no success...I mean, who's more suited than Modric for that move? lol Made MUCH more sense to be able to give instructions to players through your tactics set up and then the attributes and sliders would determine how successful that was. The really frustrating thing with this was when you taught a player a prefered move and then wanted to change your style. Having them to un-learn that and then try teach them a new move, instead of just adjusting a few instructions, just doesn't make any sense. This edition frustrates me even more with that aspect

this game is supposed to be about realisim ......? so how in gods name have i just lost 8-0 at carlisle with coventry i no coventry are not the best team in the world but that would never happen in real life or any lifetime its complete bullshit

this game is supposed to be about realisim ......? so how in gods name have i just lost 8-0 at carlisle with coventry i no coventry are not the best team in the world but that would never happen in real life or any lifetime its complete bullshit

If this is with a " normal" tactic and not having made an *** of your self infront of the players, then I would upload your save/pkm in the SI bugs forum. If its after failing with the team talk along with tweaking tactics in a trial and error way, then its very possible to loose 8-0.

Hi Adi1974,I am with you on that no matter what tactic you use you should not be losing 8-0 to any team let alone a team in a lower league. I don't think we have a finished product at all.Did SI use game teasters for this years realease ? if they did they should all get the sack. The players look they are on ice, Players instrutions don't seem to work, ( to many faults to list ) Its seems even the best tactic makers are having trouble making tactics that work consistently. Even Thebetterhalf is posting tactics with 4 versions. you can only learn 3. The avarage player will turn off from this version very quickly. I know the game will get patched and we will get a full product but maybe SI should have made one version of the game we might have got a full product in the 1st place with a dark skin.

Hi Adi1974,I am with you on that no matter what tactic you use you should not be losing 8-0 to any team let alone a team in a lower league. I don't think we have a finished product at all.Did SI use game teasters for this years realease ? if they did they should all get the sack. The players look they are on ice, Players instrutions don't seem to work, ( to many faults to list ) Its seems even the best tactic makers are having trouble making tactics that work consistently. Even Thebetterhalf is posting tactics with 4 versions. you can only learn 3. The avarage player will turn off from this version very quickly. I know the game will get patched and we will get a full product but maybe SI should have made one version of the game we might have got a full product in the 1st place with a dark skin.

I simply have to disagree here. Naturally its possible to loose/or win really, really big. Its happens in real life. Now, if its a common thing, thne its something serioulsy wrong

As for me making 4 version when you can only put 3 in the match prep, I fail to see the connection to the game. I have made sets since FM09, always using atleast 4 versions ( in FM09 it was actually 7 versions). It has nothing to do with the game being flawed or not.

I simply have to disagree here. Naturally its possible to loose/or win really, really big. Its happens in real life. Now, if its a common thing, thne its something serioulsy wrong

As for me making 4 version when you can only put 3 in the match prep, I fail to see the connection to the game. I have made sets since FM09, always using atleast 4 versions ( in FM09 it was actually 7 versions). It has nothing to do with the game being flawed or not.

I remember the 7 versions, I used to take them apart when I was learning how to properly understand sliders in depth :)

Sorry I was not digging at anyone. Just trying to state how hard it is make a good tactic for the avarage user.

right better half you tell me the last time you saw a score of 8-0 in the championship league 1or2 in real life ? i follow lower league football as for my sins im a sheff utd fan..! in my post i asked if this game was about realisim if so the 8-0 loss wouldnt happen.in real life there is no team talk in the world that a manager could give that would make a team loose 8-0 and this should be the same for this game i was away from home and i used a passionate team talk saying come on lets do this for the fans i was 1-0 down at half time i then said assertivley you can do better and your telling me that saying that assertivley would make a team loose 7 goals? im sorry but i just dont buy that

right better half you tell me the last time you saw a score of 8-0 in the championship league 1or2 in real life ? i follow lower league football as for my sins im a sheff utd fan..! in my post i asked if this game was about realisim if so the 8-0 loss wouldnt happen.in real life there is no team talk in the world that a manager could give that would make a team loose 8-0 and this should be the same for this game i was away from home and i used a passionate team talk saying come on lets do this for the fans i was 1-0 down at half time i then said assertivley you can do better and your telling me that saying that assertivley would make a team loose 7 goals? im sorry but i just dont buy that

Sigh... You have to actually read what I wrote. I said that its should be reported as a bug if a normal tactic was used along with a normal team talk. If it was during trial & error and tweaking sliders, its bound to produce weird resulst every now and then.

As for realism...Naturally its possible !! I have My self witnessed one 9-1( Dif-Hif) and one 9-3( aik- Brage) in Sweden and one 9-0 ( 1989, Pool-Palace) 10-1 ( 1987, City-Hudds) in England, all in the highest or 2nd highest league.

If it happends too often, then its à flaw. If its happening once in 100 seasons( being the same as it happening in the first season to one in 100 users), then I think its fair.

Last edited:
Back