N-Power League 1 2010/2011 predictions

• Thread starter Thread starter JosephS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 170
  • Views Views 16K
Judging by the squad you posted in the other thread, you'll be in League Two this time next year.

It's not a joke mate, we'll see.

Who you got first game?

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

AND..If Bristol Rovers finish higher than 8th, I'll donate everything I own to a Donkey Sanctuary.

It's not a joke mate, we'll see.

Who you got first game?

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

AND..If Bristol Rovers finish higher than 8th, I'll donate everything I own to a Donkey Sanctuary.

Peterborough away then Yeovil home

Probably have to agree with that one. Although we have the incentive of Gary Johnson managing them :P

To be honest, Peterborough aren't very good, they've got a few good 'ens, but that's it, the rest are Conference's best

I don't it's a quality league this year. Peterborough, Plymouth, Charlton, Huddersfield, Southampton, Swindon and Sheffield Wednesday will all be above Rovers in my opinion.

I really don't rate Charlton. Huddersfield are above average but nothing special. Firmly believe we can beat Swindle. Not sure about Plymouth, Southampton or Sheffield

A rare occasion for a City fan to be supporting us ;) Good luck next season !

Don't take it that way... I'm definatenly not supporting you for sure. ;)

Just got a very bad feeling that rovers are gonna be quite a force this season. That Saywer you signed is pretty good at championship and hoskins and tunnicliffe are aparently unproven talents that could do quite good. I think a play off spot is quite likely as it is one of the most open league one seasons there have been in a while.

Thanks for the luck anyway, we're gonna need it with 8 players out injured before the season actually has started.

The Rovers supporter in me wants City to flop

But City going up will benefit Bristol so much !

Southampton aren't very good apart from their manager and Striker, Wednesday have financial diffuculties and look like losing Tudgay, Charlton are losing all their players, Huddersfield have spent quite a lot, almost too much

Southampton are ridiculous at the moment, i heard that Rickie Lambert has asked for a pay rise twice last season taking his wage from 5k per week to 15k per week.
Have to say i feel sorry for Wednesday fans for next season.
Peterborough are looking good, but Johnson will take his time to get into it so give him at least two seasons.
Huddlesfield I know have signed an old center back from brizzle for half a million. They must have some sort of cash and are looking good for promotion.
I will happily write both Plymouth and Swindon off now and not bother writing an essay on both ;) .
Charlton lost a few players but aren't in too bad a shape squad wise.
Colchester, MK Dons, Oldham, Carlisle, Bristol Rovers and all the other mid table teams could, with a bit of luck see themselves in the play off come the end of the season.
Don't write off Bournemouth or Rochdale either.

More open than last year for sure.

Wednesday have financial diffuculties and look like losing Tudgay

lol losing tudgay most fans want rid of him now so it not that bigger lose there is no one else who is a big loss anymore there all replaceable now apart from Lee Grant who went to Burnley for 1 million he worth double that easy!

i think it will be like Luke said... charlton are not as good as people make out and i think Huddersfield have a good shot great players on paper but what will they be like on the pitch.

Last edited:
Why does everyone underestimate Rochdale so much, we have a big help from the deductions that alot of teams will get for cheating the tax system and spending money that they don't have, i'm not saying i expect promotion but mid-table is really possible

Well think of it this way at least he didn't put you bottom ;)

I really don't rate Charlton. Huddersfield are above average but nothing special. Firmly believe we can beat Swindle. Not sure about Plymouth, Southampton or Sheffield

The same Southampton that beat you 5-1 last season (6)

Southampton aren't very good apart from their manager and Striker, Wednesday have financial diffuculties and look like losing Tudgay, Charlton are losing all their players, Huddersfield have spent quite a lot, almost too much

Aren't very good, thats not fair now. Davis is a quality keeper on his day, Fonte is IMO the best CB in the league, Schneiderlin and Hammond one of the best CM parings in the league, Lallana - 20 goals last season from midfield, and yes, Lambert.. I'd say we have the maybe joint best squad in the league with the ex Championship boy's. We also have the opportunity to buy quality players with our 'sugar daddy' :)

Back