Votes: 13 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Never will be

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • Not yet but he will be

Votes: 52 39.1%

• Total voters
Hes a cocky ****.... I never really liked him but for me to consider a player world class he has to be outstanding for 3-4 years consistently. And its not a biased liverpool fans opinion either as i dont praise any of our players.

Messi should smack him for being so cocky,who is by far the best in the world at the minute :)

My question for you - Is Bale world class? How long is his run of form?

I just find it baffling that Bale and Nani had a similar run of form and while the former was regarded as one of the best left wingers in the world right now, the latter was a total ****. I know Nani's attitude isn't the best but he had been delivering the goods consistently on the field. I will not say that he is better than Bale but he is definitely not far away.

He thinks alot of himself to call himself of one of the worlds best. Yeah he has a good start to the season but he will only be one of the worlds best when he gets praised by everyone and wins award after award like Messi does and Zidane did. Otherwise keep working on your game, cut out the diving and prove season after season the consistency that you need to even be considered one of the worlds best.

I just find it baffling that Bale and Nani had a similar run of form and while the former was regarded as one of the best left wingers in the world right now, the latter was a total ****. I know Nani's attitude isn't the best but he had been delivering the goods consistently on the field. I will not say that he is better than Bale but he is definitely not far away.

I don't think anyone can question that Bale and Nani are both in world class form at the moment. Whether they are truly world class remains to be seen for a couple of seasons in a row

It's all getting a tad heated now, which I don't like but meh, whatever

That is ridiculous! You would not have said that before this thread came up. In fact, you would have definitely said Vidic, and Rooney! This calendar year! First 2 months maybe, but since the Bayern game he's not turned up at all.

Walcott's football is fluid, and a joy to watch. Arsenal are a fantastic team to watch as well, Walcott adds flair to the game. His running and crossing play is immense, stand out bar to none, and also is a pretty mean striker up front. I don't think Nani is like this. Nani is skill, skill, skill. His crossing isn't brilliant, and he's a cocky brat. The thing about Nani I hate most, is his arrogance. He dives far too often, and it's not very sporting. Did you see his celebration to other day? Drogba did dive a few years ago, and he's stopped that now, but he lets his temper go after all Champo League exits. To come out and say this now is just madness.

Anyway, Walcott > Nani

When you have done a mistake, admit it and be a man instead of saying Walcott's crossing is better than Nani's. Walcott has pace thats it. Anyways no point in continuing this as none agrees with you. I hate Drogba, that doesn't mean i can come here and say Macheda is better than Macheda to show my bitterness.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

He thinks alot of himself to call himself of one of the worlds best. Yeah he has a good start to the season but he will only be one of the worlds best when he gets praised by everyone and wins award after award like Messi does and Zidane did. Otherwise keep working on your game, cut out the diving and prove season after season the consistency that you need to even be considered one of the worlds best.

Paul Scholes and Giggs have never won the award but they were still one of the best in the world at their peak. Awards shows nothing.

Yes he should get praises from others and he has getting it. I wont say he is one of the best in the world, but he is the best right winger in the league. So put him where you want.

Last 30 games, he has30 goals/assists, in last 36 games he has 33 goals/assists and people here talk as if they are talking about some random average player.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Nowhere near world class in my opinion. Yes, he's a quality attacking player, but he has some way to go to be truly world class. Unfortunately coming out with "I'm world class" just makes him come off as a bit of a ****.

He didnt say World class, he said He is one of the best. With Brilliance comes the Arrogance.

Remember the Ronaldo words in 2007-08, "I'm the Number 1, Number 2, Number 3 player in the world".

Why are the Portuguese so arrogant?
becuase their National team is so **** ;)

On topic:

Nani is gradually getting there every week, he is going from strength to strength every week, great consistency that he has lacked in the last couple of seasons!

I have always, always had faith in Nani, all my mates (even United supporters) were saying that he is rubbish, i always disagreed! very very happy that he is playing like he is, glad I did ;)

if he contributes around 15-20 goals this season as well as 25 assists or so while winning one or two major trophies, then I am afraid he could just be up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, however, time will only tell....

World Class player? not yet...
World Class reputation? **** yeah...

I think Nani is almost a world class player, but I don't think he ever will be the best player in the world.

Paul Scholes and Giggs have never won the award but they were still one of the best in the world at their peak. Awards shows nothing.

Yes he should get praises from others and he has getting it. I wont say he is one of the best in the world, but he is the best right winger in the league. So put him where you want.

Last 30 games, he has30 goals/assists, in last 36 games he has 33 goals/assists and people here talk as if they are talking about some random average player.
Giggs and Scholes have won numerous awards during their career and consistently. So where did I quote World player of the year, please point that out. I said Messi and Zidane won award after award. If Nani gets to that level then yes he can consider himself to be one of the worlds best when he achieves that sort of success but he is some way off that at the moment. He needs to do it for a few mores seasons but in his own mind he thinks he is there already. As for you saying awards show nothing then lets scrap all the awards as they mean nothing. I think everyone else will say awards prove alot to a players credibility in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah but those world player of the awards this year are a ****.

Nani is arrogant but I hope he proves himself right.

Giggs and Scholes have won numerous awards during their career and consistently. So where did I quote World player of the year, please point that out. I said Messi and Zidane won award after award. If Nani gets to that level then yes he can consider himself to be one of the worlds best when he achieves that sort of success but he is some way off that at the moment. He needs to do it for a few mores seasons but in his own mind he thinks he is there already. As for you saying awards show nothing then lets scrap all the awards as they mean nothing. I think everyone else will say awards show everything in football.

Messi and Zidane are once in generation players. You need not be an Once in generation player to become one of the best. Essien is one of the best but i have not seen him winning many prestigious awards. I understood what you meant but awards are by no means show what player is capable of.

He is not among one of the best, but he has potential.

Messi and Zidane are once in generation players. You need not be an Once in generation player to become one of the best. Essien is one of the best but i have not seen him winning many prestigious awards. I understood what you meant but awards are by no means show what player is capable of.

He is not among one of the best, but he has potential.

Agreed he has potential but he still has some way to go but in his arrogance he thinks he is there already. That could potentially be either his success or failure to make it. He has to prove it over a period of time and keep his form up that he has shown so far.

Even Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is head over heels about Manchester United ace Nani

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has singled out Nani as the key man in Manchester United's push for the Premier League.

Nani's controversial goal in the 2-0 win over Tottenham at the weekend was the pacy winger's fifth of the season for his club and his form has been noted in north London.

'I'm very impressed by Nani,' said Wenger. 'I like what he is doing. He has individual quality in one-on-ones, but he has improved a lot in his team play and in front of goal.

'He has started scoring goals with both feet, and is a great crosser of the ball.

'Personally I think he has developed his game in an extraordinary way.'

Nani was asked to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo's departure to Real Madrid in 2009 and Wenger believes the Portuguese is following in the footsteps of his more famous countryman.

The Frenchman added on Eurosport: 'He has something like that about him. He is a little bit less direct in his way of playing than Ronaldo is. However, he is technically a virtuoso and has remarkable speed.'

The Gunners are above United on goal difference after 10 games of the season - five points behind leaders Chelsea.

Read more: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger head over heels about Manchester United ace Nani | Mail Online

Lad could do without the arrogance, but he certainly has the potential to at least get somewhere near Ronaldo's level. Though admittedly, if he thinks he's so good, he should stop training.

Agreed he has potential but he still has some way to go but in his arrogance he thinks he is there already. That could potentially be either his success or failure to make it. He has to prove it over a period of time and keep his form up that he has shown so far.

I agree with almost everything except the arrogance part. He is actually very humble and hard working. His English is not that good so he used wrong choice of words or lost in translation. Even if it is not, then every player believes in their abilities so they think they are one of the best. Its lot different from "The Best" Isn't it.

I agree with almost everything except the arrogance part. He is actually very humble and hard working. His English is not that good so he used wrong choice of words or lost in translation. Even if it is not, then every player believes in their abilities so they think they are one of the best. Its lot different from "The Best" Isn't it.
To say you're one of the best means you think you're world class. Nani isn't world class yet, he's been in good form.The fact he thinks he's world class already is worrying because it means he's not grounded, but as madsheep said, hopefully SAF will give him a word and keep his feet on the ground.

Ah, but in reality, he should not have said he was one of the world's best yet. His time could come in time, he's still young. Hopefully though, he won't turn to Real like Ronaldo did.

No,i dont believe Bale is world class either.... Im not trying to start an argument...Both players are on form at the minute and indeed playing well but players are praised far too often nowadays.

I do believe Nani is a good player and can improve more if he keeps his head down and cuts out some of the diving which hinders his reputation!

World class players dont come along very often. Best,Charlton,Cantona,Dalglish,Cryuff,Zidane,Messi,Pele and Maradonna fit the bill but Nani isnt nearly as good as any of those players!!!

The thread needs to be closed for 2 years and then re-opened, thats the only way I can answer the poll.

But yeah, Nani is in terrific form so far, shouldn't let the air get into his head though.

So definitely Nani is Cristiano Ronaldo's successor. "Modes... what?"

Back